Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Speaking of things that are truly important, how was dinner with your mum?
I hope she had a good birthday.
'Perspective' is a fabulous word....

I swallowed down my disappointment, got in the car, and drove to the restaurant. Met the family, and one or two lovely hangers on, and was chatty and good company (I hope). My stomach was full of lead, but we talked it out. I promised my mum it wouldn't spoil her party and I was true to my word - I love her more than Tottenham you see. We had a great evening thanks, and then I get on here and get the usual shite. Not bothered mate - I know who the lowlifes are - it's no surprise.

Speaking of things that are truly important, how was dinner with your mum?
I hope she had a good birthday.
'Perspective' is a fabulous word....

*Edit.... I'm still tore up about it, but family is so much more important.

Btw. Salmon is a standing joke on here. Pompous arsehole liable to going off alarming. Working class hero bullshit turned Tory lipper. Didn't even start supporting Spurs until he was 19. He's been a Spurs fan all of 16 years. He still thinks Spurs owes him. Not to be taken seriously. It's like being savaged by a chaffinch

Anyway, our players are cunts, and they can fuck off. Everyone knows they're a soft touch now - unforgivable performance. The last 4 games undid all the good work. Total shite.

Last edited:
TOP BIRD
tumblr_nexli9xjk11st4bmvo1_400.gif

Btw. Salmon is a standing joke on here. Pompous arsehole liable to going off alarming. Working class hero bullshit turned Tory lipper. Didn't even start supporting Spurs until he was 19. He's been a Spurs fan all of 16 years. He still thinks Spurs owes him. Not to be taken seriously. It's like being savaged by a chaffinch

Anyway, our players are cunts, and they can fuck off. Everyone knows they're a soft touch now - unforgivable performance. The last 4 games undid all the good work. Total shite.
I'm hopeful it will be a learning experience. They're young.

It makes me feel better than thinking they're a bunch of young millionaires that don't give a shit about anything but cashing their checks. And who dont know, or care, about what the fans that pay their salaries must now endure.

I try to see the good in people. Sadly, I'm typically mistaken...

Just wanna highlight that Mason should not play in a spurs shirt again + why is it whenever its not going our way Eriksen plays like absolute shit. His one of the most experienced players in our squad believe it or not and the only time i see him play well anymore is when everyone else around him is putting in a shift - should be getting us out of difficult periods not making them worse..... I thought we had bottled it in the past - this really has taken it to a new level

Crazy though isn't it? My brain tells me that if I knew we'd end up in third place, with CL next season, the golden boot winner, the young player of the year, and have what was the best defense in the league, I'd have shit my pants in excitement. Instead, we go into the summer feeling dejected.

I know at some point the bitterness will go away and I will have a slightly different perspective, but right now I'm so disgusted by almost the entire squad. Not for squandering second and being jumped over by woolwich, it was their attitude. They fucking gave up and it sickens me.

I'm hopeful it will be a learning experience. They're young.

It makes me feel better than thinking they're a bunch of young millionaires that don't give a shit about anything but cashing their checks. And who dont know, or care, about what the fans that pay their salaries must now endure.

I try to see the good in people. Sadly, I'm typically mistaken...

They're cunts. Forget about it and enjoy Summer. I'm not a trainspotter - I'm not even going to think about those cunts till the first game of the season, and even then the overpaid bottling cunts can fuck off.
Joe Clash Joe Clash
Do me a favor, brother.

Wish your mum a heartfelt, albeit belated, happy birthday from a Yank 4,000 miles away.
I know you all have seen your share, but she obviously did good...

She supported Huddersfield Town when she was a lass. We're all Spurs now. She fucking worries about me when we lose. Ha ha. Mothers eh?

Just wanna highlight that Mason should not play in a spurs shirt again + why is it whenever its not going our way Eriksen plays like absolute shit. His one of the most experienced players in our squad believe it or not and the only time i see him play well anymore is when everyone else around him is putting in a shift - should be getting us out of difficult periods not making them worse..... I thought we had bottled it in the past - this really has taken it to a new level
Shayon, you gonna get First Team game time next season bruv ?

Damn this is a heartbreaking end to such a good season. I guess I know fully just what Spursy means..I do feel like the team, over the course of the season, showed a lot of positives. Levy and Poch need to work on getting a mature veteran who's been there and done it, who can calm things down when necessary instead of letting games barrel out of control.

Absolute cunts.

I can't believe the lack of desire and drive these cunts had.

Pochettino has a lot of work to do. Yes, it was daft to take off Walker and put on Chadli, but it was these cunts who couldn't manage a single shot after conceding against West Brom, Chelsea and Southampton that brought us here.

We need a leader. Perhaps Harry can finally be one, but honestly he too has much to learn with his selfish stubborn streak. If Alderweireld or Dembele can't step up, we need to buy a leader. We still have a soft as shit centre and no one willing to take ownership. Dier should be maligned for his cowardice and arrogance. He grates me the wrong way with his constant abdication of responsibility for his errors. Fucking twat.

There needs to be more steel in the side. Hoping Pochettino can burn it into these soft shites. But some players have to go. Bye Mason.

Got in about an hour ago and have not read any comments yet but have to say this.

I have never in my life booed a Spurs team but today I booed at half-time and full-time. At 5-1 my dad wanted to leave and I said no I want to tell these players what I think of them. We were in the very back row, so I went down to the front row and when the final whistle went I completely lost it, called those players all the cunts under the sun whilst others around me were clapping them.

I've been to every home game this season in all competitions except two when I was away on holiday. Been to 16 away games in all competitions. Went to the dead rubber in the Europa League against Monaco despite having really bad food poisoning. Went to the home game against Dortmund when we had already lost the tie despite feeling really depressed for personal reasons and not having slept for a couple of days. Went all the way to Baku for the Europa League game there. My commitment is the same every year, and I always sing my lungs out at every away game, and as much as is possible in the Paxton for home games.

Today I lost it because I saw that the players do not give a fuck about us. As soon as the league title has gone, CL football is secured, they give up. First half, we bottled 50-50 challenges, we were second to every ball, we didn't bother to press...I've watched enough football to tell the difference between a team who is shit (but trying) and a team who is "on the beach" and I'm sorry but this was the latter. We ask them to do one little thing, not for their bank balance, not for their egos, not for their winners medals, but for US, the long-suffering fans, and they don't do it. We didn't ask for much. We asked for a solitary point against a relegated side with ten men, and they couldn't be bothered to deliver it. A fucking 0-0 draw would have done. 2-2. 3-3. Anything.

Second half we turned up and yes it wasn't a pen and if not for that we would have got 2nd but we should never have been in that position.

The players don't care about Woolwich. They don't have to suffer the abuse we do from those cunts. Those players will not lose a night's sleep over finishing behind them again. I bet that if you asked them when was the last time we finished above them, most of them wouldn't have a fucking clue.

I'm sorry but if you think those players care about us, the fans, then you are deluded. With maybe one or two exception like Kane. They showed their true colours today, and they ain't blue and white...they are only in it for themselves. I thought this team was different but I was just being a complete mug.

They do not deserve the support we give them. I'll continue to go to the same amount of games because I'm a yid and I love the club and I love our fans. But I will not feel bad about giving any players abuse at games (which I have very rarely done in the past), slagging them off on here or in the pub, I won't feel bad about booing, and I'll only support a player if I think they are good enough to wear our shirt, not out of loyalty to them, because at the end of the day, unless they prove otherwise, I will believe they are only in it for themselves.

Great post, echo's sentiments earlier from Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko

Crazy though isn't it? My brain tells me that if I knew we'd end up in third place, with CL next season, the golden boot winner, the young player of the year, and have what was the best defense in the league, I'd have shit my pants in excitement. Instead, we go into the summer feeling dejected.

I know at some point the bitterness will go away and I will have a slightly different perspective, but right now I'm so disgusted by almost the entire squad. Not for squandering second and being jumped over by woolwich, it was their attitude. They fucking gave up and it sickens me.

Yep it's all perception but I almost feel you can categories the last few games by player.

Tried

Lamela
Kane

Either gave up or just not good enough

Everyone else

I know Dembele and Alli are key but we where not playing Barcelona, we where playing Saints and Newcastle. There was little to no intensity, reminded me of AVB at the end of his tenure where the players gave up.

Players as talented as Toby, Jan, Eriksen etc looked like they couldn't be arsed, even Dier seemed a shadow of himself.

Left such a bad taste and what's worse I can't tell if we just bottled it or just didn't care or both. Poch is right we are mentally weak and this needs to be sorted.

Give the players a fucking break. We are a young team and are going to get better every season. We finished third and have champions league football and a new stadium to come. The future's bright, keep your chins up

Back
Top Bottom