Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think anyone's trying to brush anything under the carpet. The season was generally a good one that exceeded expectations. The football was excellent in places and we had our share of lucky results. Its clear we fell off towards the end but hopefully some lessons have been learnt and we can further develop our young team moving forward.

As a side note; I've never understood the obsession with comparing past managers results. It's done, over, move on.

What purpose does it serve other than to say "i told you i was right about XYZ" and even then its tenuous because of the sheer number of variables involved.

Not a dig at you personally btw.

Not taking it as a dig, I completely understand.

There is a whole lot of room for improvent. Will be interesting to see if Poch is up for it.

I want to know exactly who Poch thinks is to blame for the decline since the WBA game, and specifically yesterday.
I watched it on a very poor quality stream yesterday, so was hard to see much other than the general flow of the game.
It's not about a witchhunt (well ok, a little), but ensuring this debacle never happens again, and that the biggest offenders fucking learn.

It is not the manager or the players but the memory of previous seasons. This mentality of getting one/two bad results which the wba and chelsea games were and then completely going to shit, is set in the minds Two games one point needed. So poch needed to say it was important to finish above Woolwich. Not play it down. But players should surely not need reminding of the rivalry should they?

Not taking it as a dig, I completely understand.

There is a whole lot of room for improvent. Will be interesting to see if Poch is up for it.

Course he is up for it, how come everyone the other week was shitting themselves when he had lunch because of his desire for success and moving on up, now people are questioning whether he is up for it?

This guy will kick to the curb anyone not towing the line and performing, he wants success don't worry he won't forget being let down

Course he is up for it, how come everyone the other week was shitting themselves when he had lunch because of his desire for success and moving on up, now people are questioning whether he is up for it?

This guy will kick to the curb anyone not towing the line and performing, he wants success don't worry he won't forget being let down

Nobody is questioning his desire.

His current task at hand is a cynical squad evaluation, cull and then draft of both new and senior players.

Not as easy as we make up of it. Apart from basically kicking out some younger fan favourites he probably needs to upgrade at least a few first XI players, above all with leaders. That can be a major challenge in a squad, he has done so well nailing into a tight knit group himself.

His current task at hand is a cynical squad evaluation, cull and then draft of both new and senior players.

Not as easy as we make up of it. Apart from basically kicking out some younger fan favourites he probably needs to upgrade at least a few first XI players, above all with leaders. That can be a major challenge in a squad, he has done so well nailing into a tight knit group himself.

It's going to be a challenge absolutely, it's great we can offer champions league football now and he now is in a position where finally after 20-30 years we have a 1-11 that are reliable and will get better with age, as this season was ground zero for this team, only 10 months ago Paulinho and Chiriches were around!

We can look to get players in equal or better to keep them on their toes, looking forward to a good summer, fingers crossed

I don't think anyone's trying to brush anything under the carpet. The season was generally a good one that exceeded expectations. The football was excellent in places and we had our share of lucky results. Its clear we fell off towards the end but hopefully some lessons have been learnt and we can further develop our young team moving forward.

As a side note; I've never understood the obsession with comparing past managers results. It's done, over, move on.

What purpose does it serve other than to say "i told you i was right about XYZ" and even then its tenuous because of the sheer number of variables involved.

Not a dig at you personally btw.

You are right about the past but why do we repeat it. Can never get over the line. Not talking about the league as we were playing catch up but I mean leads we have in terms of league positions. Yes we are 3rd. Group stages of CL. An improvement on last year and a young first team. But the monkey is still on our backs as is this feeling that we can never hold onto anything no matter what kind of gap we have. Whilst it's mathematically possible, it seems to happen. Next season if we do find ourselves in a position Leicester were in (7-8 points clear) one defeat or draw will have everyone thinking oh here we go. And that feeling will take over rather then us getting back to basics and playing our normal game.

I hope his squad evaluation happens whilst he is still fucking angry about yesterday - it might be the only positive to come from that game.

It's a fucking huge disappointment no doubt. I feel for everyone living around London as I used to. The next few days will be tough. We have had a good season of course but the last four games have been a massive disappointment and that's why it hurts so much. Yet again we DID choke when it mattered.

With any luck, a good wind and a couple of good signings this the last year we all suffer this. Hopefully.......

I don't think we choked but too many just didn't care as they were satisfied with automatic qualification for the CL and Poch's remarks about not caring about Woolwich didn't help!

We care

We care alot

:bmj:

I am sorry but what an utter disgraceful and embarrassing display yesterday. Yes we have had a great season but what happened would not be acceptable ever. I suppose silver lining is that it shows we need someone as back up to Dembele and some quality behind Kane.

I don't think we choked but too many just didn't care as they were satisfied with automatic qualification for the CL and Poch's remarks about not caring about Woolwich didn't help!

We care

We care alot

:bmj:
jol-seething-o.gif

Childish response. Why should I go and support Leicester because I have an opinion. It's not nonsense. It's facts. Apart from kane lamela and son the rest did not care once the title was gone. They owed if to themselves and the coaching staff, fans to remain professional. Wanting 3 points from 12 is not much to ask is it. You clearly believe it was acceptable. That's up to you.
These are your comments
  1. To be humiliated shows we still possess the ability to let an actual mathematical lead go.
  2. Only Tottenham could do that.
  3. Every time I say 3 points from 12 needed I am furious.
  4. A disgrace.
  5. As was the desire from the players in the last two games.
  6. Look at Newcastle, they'd already gone down.
  7. Still the same soft bottling Tottenham deep down.
These are damning, carping and accusatory statements that don't sound like they come from someone whose support is unconditional and blind. They sound like they come from someone who has done an appraisal of clubs and worked out that Spurs might be going somewhere and feels angry that his investment has failed.
So my comment wan't childish, just challenging.
Here's my challenge, get some passion and love for the club and treat it like its your child. That way you forgive it for its faults, love it unconditionally and support it with your dying breath - not see it as an exercise in picking a hip team that will allow you to show everyone how clever you are for selecting them.
I have seen this team relegated and I have seen it try its hardest to get relegated again, I have seen it descend into farce and reduce me to tears. Nothing surprises me about my team any more, but I still remain a committed fan with an unconditional acceptance of all that happens to it.
Most of all - I am really proud of the way it conducted its business this season, the way we played, the performances of our best players and the fact that we finally had a team. None of the top 10 "put us down" and we only lost a handful of games to any of them by the odd goal.
One freak result that ultimately has left us pissed off simply because the goons jumped us by a point - and people want to swear blind that every player is a cunt and the manager is a wanker.

Sorry my friend, I don't play that way. I'm in this for the long haul. Good or bad, Champions League or conference, its my team and I will back it and support it to the bitter end.

You say I believe that the last game was acceptable? Seriously?

I think that a "Fuck you" is in order.

This isn't the same team as any that have collapsed in the past, so I stand by the comment I made about that as well.

Last edited:
So I'm due to go out to a boat next week to do a job with a right cunt. He's a cunt in his own right, but also a NUFC Geordie cunt. A true double cunt.

I should be rubbing his cunty nose in his team's relegation, but instead he'll have some cuntable words to say. Fucken magic

Could be worse, could be stuck on a boat with the cunt miles upon fucken miles from civilisation. Aw, hold on...

This is beyond shite

Don't worry you'll be back cleaning those bilges soon!

:sonlol:

You are right about the past but why do we repeat it. Can never get over the line. Not talking about the league as we were playing catch up but I mean leads we have in terms of league positions. Yes we are 3rd. Group stages of CL. An improvement on last year and a young first team. But the monkey is still on our backs as is this feeling that we can never hold onto anything no matter what kind of gap we have. Whilst it's mathematically possible, it seems to happen. Next season if we do find ourselves in a position Leicester were in (7-8 points clear) one defeat or draw will have everyone thinking oh here we go. And that feeling will take over rather then us getting back to basics and playing our normal game.
The one thing you can rely on Tottenham for is to let you down.

jesus, really? You don't like me?I'm heartbroken.

I really must re- evaluate my life.

I'm well aware of what this forum is about thanks. You patronising dork. I also suffer the same sense of crushing disappointment as every other poster who is a dyed in the wool Spurs fan.
But, to use words that you so ineptly posted, I just happen to have sufficient control to maintain perspective over the situation. I have actually had to live my life with genuine moments of real tragedy, and when that happens, it meas that a bad football result is something you can deal with.
If you want to dislike me because your life is shallow and without incident then I suspect that it speaks greater volumes about you, than it does about me.
16MCf.gif

Back
Top Bottom