TFC Documentary

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MetaBicks

Today Is Dodo
Flav mentioned on the pod this week that you guys are working on a Spurs documentary. Was wondering if you could give us any information about it or roughly when something will be announced?

Looking forward to it already though.
Ta!

Flav mentioned on the pod this week that you guys are working on a Spurs documentary. Was wondering if you could give us any information about it or roughly when something will be announced?

Looking forward to it already though.
Ta!
It's something Flav Flav has been working on, he'll probably tell you the details if he ever visits the forum. It's called Memory Lane and I think it's mainly about the history of the stadium and the area. Interviews with people about WHL etc. Sure we'll be putting up all the details when they're ready to put them out there.

Cheers Case. As i said, looking forward to it.

Despite what we said we’re not actually the ones producing it. We were originally, but the size of the project just made it impossible. So a media charity took it on and we’re helping to promote it and build interest and lending support where we can. This is why we don’t know exactly when it’ll come out. The last time we talked to them early next year was mooted.

it's fucking coming fellas... and i'm starting to get excited now...

Memory Lane: the world-famous-home-of-the-Spurs story

Spurs_Cockerel_1_A_3000pxls_copy.jpg

Memory Lane, a feature-length documentary – by the fans, for the fans – charting the noble history of Tottenham Hotspur football club at White Hart Lane…

From humble beginnings, keeping local youngsters out of trouble, through a trailblazing journey of magnificent firsts, Tottenham Hotspur is now a premier English football club.

Passionately narrated by The Fighting Cock podcast’s Flav, Memory Lane takes a nostalgic look at the club’s illustrious heritage, at a time when its spiritual home faces demolition, making way for a modern new stadium.

Interviews with historical experts, journalists, die-hard supporters and football legend Micky Hazard are complemented by amazing archive photographs from Bruce Castle Museum and rare, never-before-seen colour footage capturing the ‘glory, glory’ celebrations of the early 1960s.

Last edited:
rare photograph of the 'angels of white hart lane' taken in the high road, at the FA Cup victory parade in 1962....

these guys first inspired the singing of "glory, glory hallelujah" at a european match at white hart lane verses polish side gornik zabrze on 20 september 1961....

N_nine_copy.jpg

and here's a link to a beautifully performed piano version of the song, by chas hathaway, who has kindly given permission for its use in our forthcoming documentary "Memory Lane."

Last edited:
rare photograph of the 'angels of white hart lane' taken in the high road, at the FA Cup victory parade in 1962....

these guys first inspired the singing of "glory, glory hallelujah" at a european match at white hart lane verses polish side gornik zabrze on 20 september 1961....

N_nine_copy.jpg

and here's a link to a beautifully performed piano version of the song, by chas hathaway, who has kindly given permission for its use in our forthcoming documentary "Memory Lane."

Fuck yeah
Go Tottenham Hotspur

Seriously ZoC ZoC sounds fantastic really looking forward to the film

straight to the net, paddy. but we'll see what opportunities present themselves after that. maybe show it here...

5273137257_9bd99c549a_o.jpg

(it'll bring the roof down... & save on demolition costs)

Last edited:
hi shaggy. we’ve elected not to produce physical copies as we figure most people now prefer to access & watch videos via computers/tablets/phones. also, the production/distribution (including overseas) of what could end up being quite large volumes would be onerous. i've seen young flav having to take regular trips to the post office - with hundreds of fanzines stuffed in individually addressed envelopes - and it's not something i'd relish repeating, if we can help it.

Cheers for your fast reply mate, no worries that's understandable. I'll try and get it up on the smart TV then when it comes out, looking forward to it! great stuff.

hi shaggy. we’ve elected not to produce physical copies as we figure most people now prefer to access & watch videos via computers/tablets/phones. also, the production/distribution (including overseas) of what could end up being quite large volumes would be onerous. i've seen young flav having to take regular trips to the post office - with hundreds of fanzines stuffed in individually addressed envelopes - and it's not something i'd relish repeating, if we can help it.
Posted this on the Retro Pics thread, you probably have seen the tweets by the ex legends though. Just in case

Back
Top Bottom