Forum problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey Admin Admin whenever I sign into my work computer I get this message:

401 unauthorized
Your IP address is temporarily locked out due to DOS attempts.

What up with that?
You shouldn't get that message if you're logged in.

It's to stop spam bots from hammering the server. If they hit a load of pages in a short space of time, it locks them out. You must've done some fast web browsing.

If you send me your work computer IP address I can unblock you. Contact form at the bottom of the forum.

Like I say though, you shouldn't see that if you're logged in.

You shouldn't get that message if you're logged in.

It's to stop spam bots from hammering the server. If they hit a load of pages in a short space of time, it locks them out. You must've done some fast web browsing.

If you send me your work computer IP address I can unblock you. Contact form at the bottom of the forum.

Like I say though, you shouldn't see that if you're logged in.
Cheers Case

These popups often seem to be people using one of the apps. Do you get them when you just visit the forum in the phone browser?

Admin Admin
The last few months I haven't been able to post anything on the forum as no text box appears. The forum doesn't load properly either and the image icons next to people's usernames don't show up. I've been pretty busy and have just been hoping the situation would work itself out. The same problem occurs on my computer, tablet, and phone so I don't think it's a software problem.

Today I just realized that I can access the forum fully on my phone as long as I'm using data not my home wifi. This seems very strange to me. I don't mean to be paranoid and don't know much about these technological issues but could someone be screwing with my IP address or something?

Anyway, I've been a long time member so hoping to get my forum access back to full health. I would greatly appreciate any input from anyone on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

I was just having this exact same issue, but couldn't post about it, because that was part of the problem. I tried deleting cookies, using different browsers, using my phone, nothing worked. Now, it's working for me, and the only thing that I've done that I think could have resolved it was install a new internet security/antivirus (Kaspersky).

I've had this issue in the past, and it seemed to resolve itself over time. So maybe to those that are having the same issue, check your internet security, and maybe update it if need be.

Annoying Uber pop doing same thing on chrome fir android devices. Cant see what I am typing while typing....

I dont get the problem on other devices so no biggie

Uber pop is driving me fuckin nuts .. I prefer to use the TFC app with I bought yet this fuckin pop up is making is unusable

Got the fucking uber pop up on app & now on safari browser , it's making going on the forum extremely annoying

Admin Admin

The Uber pop thing seems to have gone away so thanks Case if it was your tinkering. Strange thing now with Summer 2016 transfer thread. I don't have threads or contributors on ignore, yet this thread doesn't appear in the Totnham sub-forum. I only see it in the recent posts section or if I watch the thread.

Chrome browser on pc and android

The Uber pop thing seems to have gone away so thanks Case if it was your tinkering. Strange thing now with Summer 2016 transfer thread. I don't have threads or contributors on ignore, yet this thread doesn't appear in the Totnham sub-forum. I only see it in the recent posts section or if I watch the thread.

Chrome browser on pc and android
You've got The Fighting Cock on ignore: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/account/ignored

Back
Top Bottom