New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks more likely the leaked kit going to be the one, the back of the shirt doesn't look too bad if it's like that. Roll on July.

d17by85.png

Maybe I'm holding out hope that this won't be the shirt, but I'm going to clutch on to the misspelling of "possible" as proof that this was simply some kid with photoshop.

Looks more likely the leaked kit going to be the one, the back of the shirt doesn't look too bad if it's like that. Roll on July.
Are you joking...? The back of the shirt is terrible...
if you look at it from a distance (as most of us will be during a game) the white actually forms the shape of an upper body and (slim) neck...
the players' heads will look like they've been stuck on top...

They'll all look like fucking Cluedo!

Miss%20White_Full.jpg

if you look at it from a distance (as most of us will be during a game) the white actually forms the shape of an upper body and (slim) neck...

Miss%20White_Full.jpg

Wouldn't have thought of the Cluedo association, but will do forever now, cheers! :levylol::lameladisgust:

Roll on 2017 and Nike.

Roll on 2017 and Nike.

Not a fan of some of UA's work, but Nike seems to have seriously mailed it in for 16/17 which would make me nervous. No doubt the kits would be classy, but going on this current kit cycle Nike has decided they pay so much for the contracts that they only have 1 team of designers. Basically every Nike kit for 16/17 from the Euros and Copa to Barca, City, PSG, etc. has 1 of 2 collars, the exact same shoulders, and either a side stripe or no. Croatia and Turkey at least have patterned fabric to cover up the assembly line mass production feel and Barca get body stripes. Still, it's painfully clear they can't be arsed with a unique footballing landscape. 16/17 looks like it came from a catalogue as far as Nike are concerned. Just worried if we sign on with them we'll end up in "the white version" of a chav kit.

Speaking of that, haven't heard anything at all of the Nike rumours since March and they've since bought out the chav's contract and signed on a new one...is Spurs-Nike still on, or were we used as leverage for those negotiations? I'm an Adidas/Puma fan, longtime swoosh avoider, so that might cloud my judgement...just can't shake the feeling we've been used.

Has there been any official confirmation anywhere that Nike bought out Chelsea and have signed with us?

Still wouldn't be completely surprised if UA are all over Chelsea

Adidas confirmed last month the deal had been bought out and it's been widely reported in legitimate media (Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the Telegraph to name 3 I just looked at) that the ink was just about dry on a Nike deal.

Adidas confirmed last month the deal had been bought out and it's been widely reported in legitimate media (Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the Telegraph to name 3 I just looked at) that the ink was just about dry on a Nike deal.

Ink on the Tottenham deal or Chav's deal?

It was a couple of weeks back talk of our deal being £25m per season for the kit. However it's yet to be announced as there was also rumour of further Nike sponsorship for stadium naming rights.

I can't see any reason why a company as BIG as Nike would have a problem with making Chelsea AND Spurs kits... it's not like they SUPPORT one of us!

Besides, I'm sure Adidas were making Liverpool AND Man Utd shirts at the same time in the '80s and they had a much bigger 'historical rivalry' than us and Chelsea... (then again, it was pretty much a monopoly between Adidas, Umbro or Bukta back then!!)
So maybe not the example I'm looking for...

Ink on the Tottenham deal or Chav's deal?

It was a couple of weeks back talk of our deal being £25m per season for the kit. However it's yet to be announced as there was also rumour of further Nike sponsorship for stadium naming rights.
The Chav's, like I say I haven't seen or heard a word about Spurs-Nike since March.

I can't see any reason why a company as BIG as Nike would have a problem with making Chelsea AND Spurs kits... it's not like they SUPPORT one of us!

Besides, I'm sure Adidas were making Liverpool AND Man Utd shirts at the same time in the '80s and they had a much bigger 'historical rivalry' than us and Chelsea... (then again, it was pretty much a monopoly between Adidas, Umbro or Bukta back then!!)
So maybe not the example I'm looking for...
I didn't mean to say Nike would have a problem supplying both, in their minds they'd rather supply the entire world really. Just that they may have used rumours of signing us on to increase leverage to push down the price of the deal they were negotiating with the chavs, and pointing out the extreme lack of variety in their 16/17 offerings.

Miss%20White_Full.jpg
I've now got this enduring image of a team of Mrs White's running round the pitch, with professor Plum in goal.

:lamelashock:

meh, looking forward to nike. Sports Direct have last seasons home and away for 22quid and season before home for £7.50. Just bought both home kits for playing five a side in. Wouldnt mind the 3rd purple kit if reduced.

Back
Top Bottom