Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglourious-Basterds.gif

It's unheard of for a player to explode onto the scene from a lower league in one season... Ali

Similar transfer fee to Ruud... Yeah 15 years ago, with inflation it would make Ruud's fee near £30M. Expect we'll pay half that (across 25 years)

It's unheard of for a player to explode onto the scene from a lower league in one season... Ali

Similar transfer fee to Ruud... Yeah 15 years ago, with inflation it would make Ruud's fee near £30M. Expect we'll pay half that (across 25 years)
I didn't get that either as Nistelrooy cost man u 30+m euro and Sneijder cost 27m euro

So, those that were criticising Levy for not giving AZ what they asked for Mr Janssen seem to have got their wish. Levy seems to be giving them want they want and we have that striker they all were desperate to get.
Let's hope that, f indeed he does come, those same people are not going to call him shit & a waste of fucking money then slag Levy if Janssen is unable to find his form in the PL.

And the forward has confirmed that negotiations between the two sides are at an advanced stage and says he is looking forward to working with Mauricio Pochettino and star striker Kane.

"I won't train with AZ any more," he told Algemeen Dagblad. "The clubs are now really close to an agreement. I will go home and wait for the phone call to go.

"I'm glad that it is almost complete. For me it was clear from the beginning that I wanted to go to Spurs. The competition appeals to me and the plan of the coach is similar to the plan that AZ boss John van den Brom shared with me a year ago at AZ.

"It is a beautiful club with a fantastic stadium and heaps of potential. Anyone in my shoes would take this step.

"Harry Kane? People can say what they want but I'm not afraid of anybody. He is a great striker but we will see how it goes. We can complement each other, I think I can learn a lot from him."

"Harry Kane? People can say what they want but I'm not afraid of anybody. He is a great striker but we will see how it goes. We can complement each other, I think I can learn a lot from him."

When people have talked about players of top quality not wanting to come here to be a certain back-up to Kane, this is exactly what I've been saying. Any player worth his salt, who's made it this far will and should believe enough in themselves to think, they can dislodge Kane or make Poch play them both.

He's just gone up hugely in my estimation. Love it :pochohshit:

When people have talked about players of top quality not wanting to come here to be a certain back-up to Kane, this is exactly what I've been saying. Any player worth his salt, who's made it this far will and should believe enough in themselves to think, they can dislodge Kane or make Poch play them both.

He's just gone up hugely in my estimation. Love it :pochohshit:

I agree. He seems to have the mentality Pochettino requires. Straight up hard work. To never feel like you're done in your progress.

I didn't get that either as Nistelrooy cost man u 30+m euro and Sneijder cost 27m euro

Or more recently Depay, albeit he was a failure so far, but you get the jist about £20m+ dutch players.

Janssen seems to have that young hard working pro attitude that Kane shows. Surely a good thing for us that his aim to be challenging Kane for a place in the starting line up.

Saw this posted on reddit... always nice to hear the opinion of someone who has watched a lot more of a player than we have.

He is without any doubt coming to you.

I have been following and writing about Dutch football and Eredivisie since 2003. Ive learnt to see who will succeed and who will fail abroad. Janssen (unlike Promes, that you were also looking at) is made for the Premier League. This is not a player that lives on utilizing mistakes, like Kezman or van Wolfswinkel and it is not someone who dominates through his superor technique like Afonso, or pure physical strenghts like Luuk de Jong.

You might get the same reactions as when Liverpool signed Luis Suarez, "lololol is it the new Ryan Babel??? HUNTELAAR? AFONSO???". Its not. He might never become the same level as Suarez, but he is complete as a footballer which is what it takes to play in a PL top team.

He is a Kluivert, van Hooijdonk or Hasselbaink type of player. Powerful, can score both with his feet and in the air, great target player and most important of all, both according to PL standards and the wise teachings of Cruijff: Vincent Janssen does not need to be provided space, he will create it himself.

It is a phenomenal signing. This first season, he will be excellent as a "pinchhitter" in your team, and since he shows exactly no signs of the pretty common Dutch complacency, I am certain that in a year he will be able to compete with Kane for the starting spot or force the manager to play with two forwards.

As someone who kind of likes Woolwich in the PL, it almost makes me sad seeing him get picked up by Spurs. Happy for AZ as well. They cannot afford not to sell him and with less competition they would have needed to accept a bid for half the sum. But £20m is still a bargain, there is a striker crisis going on in football as everyone wants be a winger or false nine and out of everything realistically available on the market, I see no better choice.

Great to hear just how good a job we did on him during his visit to Hotspur Way. Despite some posters on here that believe we haven't got a clue what we are doing with our targets, it is absolutely clear that we know what we want and when we find them we make sure we pull out all the stops to see off the competition. That includes clubs out bidding us in both purchase fee & salary.

Also goes to show how investing in our infrastructure instead of spunking all our money on players is a strategy that pays off in the long run.
:adethumbup:

Saw this posted on reddit... always nice to hear the opinion of someone who has watched a lot more of a player than we have.

He is without any doubt coming to you.

I have been following and writing about Dutch football and Eredivisie since 2003. Ive learnt to see who will succeed and who will fail abroad. Janssen (unlike Promes, that you were also looking at) is made for the Premier League. This is not a player that lives on utilizing mistakes, like Kezman or van Wolfswinkel and it is not someone who dominates through his superor technique like Afonso, or pure physical strenghts like Luuk de Jong.

You might get the same reactions as when Liverpool signed Luis Suarez, "lololol is it the new Ryan Babel??? HUNTELAAR? AFONSO???". Its not. He might never become the same level as Suarez, but he is complete as a footballer which is what it takes to play in a PL top team.

He is a Kluivert, van Hooijdonk or Hasselbaink type of player. Powerful, can score both with his feet and in the air, great target player and most important of all, both according to PL standards and the wise teachings of Cruijff: Vincent Janssen does not need to be provided space, he will create it himself.

It is a phenomenal signing. This first season, he will be excellent as a "pinchhitter" in your team, and since he shows exactly no signs of the pretty common Dutch complacency, I am certain that in a year he will be able to compete with Kane for the starting spot or force the manager to play with two forwards.

As someone who kind of likes Woolwich in the PL, it almost makes me sad seeing him get picked up by Spurs. Happy for AZ as well. They cannot afford not to sell him and with less competition they would have needed to accept a bid for half the sum. But £20m is still a bargain, there is a striker crisis going on in football as everyone wants be a winger or false nine and out of everything realistically available on the market, I see no better choice.
What a crock of utter self-obsessed crap

Back
Top Bottom