Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we were also something like the highest scoring team with the second best defensive record in the PL last season with Lamela and Eriksen starting just about every game. You seem to treat the exception as the rule and the rule as the exception instead of the other way around.

The idea that starting Eriksen on the left cost us the win when we conceded from a free kick given away by Wanyama centrally is completely fucking ridiculous.

You zoom in on Wanyama? Why not zoom in on the whole move, not just the free kick?

Lamela LOST THE BALL and put us under pressure. As usual with back to goal he was stripped like candy from a baby.

Him and Eriksen do that all the time.

When you play both Eriksen and Lamela you risk this.

I'm not a risk taker.

What was my proposition? To play Dembele there. Would Dembele have been harder to get the ball off? Like Lamela was?

Let's say he was. Dembele lost the challenge. Got muscled off the ball like Lamela did. Would Dembele defending the free kick have added more protection than Eriksen or Lamela?

Lamela lost the ball in the final third LEADING to the free kick. Nobody ever watches like I do. They zoom in on one free kick. I zoom in on pressure.

When you mention goals, we risk being the old Spurs. I called them cricket scores. Chaotic games with lots of goals. That won't get you above the Gooners e wry year.

All of our embarrassments have coincided with Eriksen and Lamela starting.

On paper Janssen should score more than Eriksen or Lamela. I don't think adding his strength and goals and putting a more solid player in Dembele further forward will negatively impact our average goal scoring.

But it will impact our goals against. I just gently reminded the board that we haven't won a game in 5 of our last attempts.

This part is important: That first half we were under pressure. It's a miracle we only gave one away. Do you IGNORE THAT FACT? Do you only blame Wanysma for the free kick? Or do you think like I do and ask why were we under so much pressure and how can we alleviate that? Dembele is a calming influence on our team. Janssen was a Catalyst. The second half was also helped by Poch's fitness regime.

It seems like you all want more of the same!? Want Dembeke to give the free kick away instead of Wanyama? Because there is nothing Dembele can do with Eriksen on one side and Lamela on the other with Alli mincing around like he has been recently.

You zoom in on Wanyama? Why not zoom in on the whole move, not just the free kick?

Lamela LOST THE BALL and put us under pressure. As usual with back to goal he was stripped like candy from a baby.

I'm not a risk taker.

What was my proposition? To play Dembele there. Would Dembele have been harder to get the ball off? Like Lamela was?

Let's say he was. Dembele lost the challenge. Got muscled off the ball like Lamela did. Would Dembele defending the free kick have added more protection than Eriksen or Lamela?

Lamela lost the ball in the final third LEADING to the free kick. Nobody ever watches like I do. They zoom in on one free kick. I zoom in on pressure.

When you mention goals, we risk being the old Spurs. I called them cricket scores. Chaotic games with lots of goals. That won't get you above the Gooners e wry year.

On paper Janssen should score more than Eriksen or Lamela. I don't think adding his strength and goals and putting a more solid player in Dembele further forward will negatively impact our average goal scoring.

But it will impact our goals against. I just gently reminded the board that we haven't won a game in 5 of our last attempts.

This part is important: That first half we were under pressure. It's a miracle we only gave one away. Do you IGNORE THAT FACT? Do you only blame Wanysma for the free kick? Or do you think like I do and ask why were we under so much pressure and how can we alleviate that? Dembele is a calming influence on our team. Janssen was a Catalyst. The second half was also helped by Poch's fitness regime.

It seems like you all want more of the same!? Want Dembeke to give the free kick away instead of Wanyama? Because there is nothing Dembele can do with Eriksen on one side and Lamela on the other with Alli mincing around like he has been recently.

Lamela, who scored our only goal, shouldn't have started.
Eriksen shouldn't have started either, because starting him and Lamela at the same time made Lamela drop the ball, after which Wanyama made a free-kick from which Everton scored.
Instead, we should've played a banned player.

Yep, you're an imbecile.

giphy.gif

I'm not a risk taker.

1. Conceit and pretentiousness are unbecoming.

2. Dembele is suspended so I'm not sure how he was supposed to play in place of Lamela.

3. You really need to look up the definitions of confirmation bias. correlation and causation and be a little bit more mindful of them in your analysis. It's completely lacking in subtlety and nuance and any sort of basic understanding of the game of football.

4. Regardless of who lost the ball, Wanyma dived in when he didn't need to and conceded the free kick and Lloris possibly should have done a little better to keep it out. Even if indeed Lamela did lose the ball in the lead up to the foul as you claim, it's nonsensical to blame him for the goal because there was still a lot of water to go under the bridge, if you like, or a number of preventable actions to occur before the ball ended up in the back of the net. All of which should be apportioned equal 'blame.'

5. What is this nonsense about blaming Eriksen and Lamela for the last 5 or 6 games? What about every time they played with each other in our massive unbeaten streak earlier in the season, some of which were our best performances in years ie Manchester City away, United at home, Stoke away etc?

You say they're likely to concede 'cricket scores' but they would have started 30+ games together last season and at the end of the season we had something like the second best defensive record in the Premier League. You accuse me of being myopic, however it is you that only uses a selection of games that best fit the point you're trying, poorly, to make rather than critically analysing a larger selection of results.

Don't think Gibbs is a real fan. Saying he'd have played Dembele suggests he didn't realised he's got a 6 match ban.

Clearly a troll, comes in spouting his 'beasts' nonsense whenever results don't go our way. Then blaming the likes of Lamela, Eriksen now Alli for being too weedy. Has he not seen how ripped Lamela is? :lameladisgust::eriksenlol::allitongue:

Don't think Gibbs is a real fan. Saying he'd have played Dembele suggests he didn't realised he's got a 6 match ban.

Clearly a troll, comes in spouting his 'beasts' nonsense whenever results don't go our way. Then blaming the likes of Lamela, Eriksen now Alli for being too weedy. Has he not seen how ripped Lamela is? :lameladisgust::eriksenlol::allitongue:

Spot on. He is unaware of the most basic knowledge.

Your personality type summed up in a sentence.
Except for when Poch has tried doing that, and it didn't work out particularly well - eventually leading to Dembele cementing his place at CM and being one of our best performers. But no, fucking with that would be a great idea because we conceded a free kick that one time last week, when Dembele wasn't even on the pitch.
Nonsense. And who, pray tell us, would be playing at CM when you move Dembele forward?
For fuck's sake, our run of poor results is due to the league disappointment and Dembele's suspension. Stop trying to turn it into something else in a desperate search for a #hottake
Spurs 3-0 Manchester United
Stoke 0-4 Spurs

Literally our two most recent impressive results, and they came from the very formation you are rubbishing.
Fuck me, we only won at the Etihad because we brought Lamela on who assisted the last-minute Eriksen goal!

Alli was a victim of England's utterly terrible management (much like Kane) and has only played one competitive match for us since his suspension. Bit early to start getting on his back.

Honestly, I hope you don't get sin binned any time soon: the more opportunity you have to spout this bollocks, the more rope you're being given.

If Gibbsy wasn't such a fucking headcase, it would be infuriating.

Kind of is already. I have absolutely never seen someone with a stronger conviction that everyone else is wrong.

Gibbs strikes me as the sort of person whose ideal sexual experience involves ratings and a post-orgasm detailed list of how his partner should improve, the explanation of which takes considerably longer than the actual sex...

Back
Top Bottom