Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lionel-messi-1417676535.jpg

Berry_Afro.jpg

If you're going to have an afro, have an afro.

If your wondering; George Berry (Former Wolverhampton, late 70s)
Apparently born in Germany.

breitner_afro.jpg

What is it with Germans?

Is Edwards fit for tonight or am I confusing him with Harrison being injured?

I think peoples logic is that because Edwards played on Monday night he's less likely to play today. I think he may make the bench though. He won't get many better opportunities to actually get a game for us this season.

I think peoples logic is that because Edwards played on Monday night he's less likely to play today. I think he may make the bench though. He won't get many better opportunities to actually get a game for us this season.
If he's fully fit it seems strange not to start him tonight. He won't get many opportunities in the league this year I wouldn't have thought.

I think peoples opportunities ic is that because Edwards played on Monday night he's less likely to play today. I think he may make the bench though. He won't get many better opportunities to actually get a game for us this season.
He may feature in the Squad as Kane is injured and get some opportunities to play off the bench-why not?

He may feature in the Squad as Kane is injured and get some opportunities to play off the bench-why not?

Who would you drop from the bench to put Edwards ahead of? Bearing in mind out bench is mostly going to look like this:

Vorm, Davies, CCV, Sissoko, Son, Wanyama, Nkoudou.

Who would you drop from the bench to put Edwards ahead of? Bearing in mind out bench is mostly going to look like this:

Vorm, Davies, CCV, Sissoko, Son, Wanyama, Nkoudou.

If Kane was fit both he and Janssen would feature. Kane is out so straight replacement as a forward. A one off tonight then replace any from your subs. I expect to win whoever plays hopefully the Gills have read the script.

Trouble is media will take Poch's comment out of context and act as if Poch said Edwards will be Messi.

Really it's just a stylistic comparison, watching him he turns on a six pence, has wonderful close control, good shot, clever passer, always looking to drive forward. It's Messi in description, just Messi does it to a level few players are capable.

Edwards has incredible talent but what he makes of his career who knows but the potential is there to be a top player.

I don't like the hype going around, can't be good for the kid.

Saying that, I think Lionel Messi reminds me of an old Marcus Edwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom