Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite liked him, pretty much because he was a good player who just seemed to be shit out of luck soon into his career with us, after a half decent start.

I think he got respect as he not once blamed anyone for this, nor did he complain when we started playing a reserve lad ahead of him, didn't whinge in the papers, criticise the fans, demand a move... absolutely perfect professional from a fan's point of view, and I think (mostly) everyone felt for him.

Actually did a painting of him a couple of years ago. Probably the least valuable painting in the world. :pochsulk:

I quite liked him, pretty much because he was a good player who just seemed to be shit out of luck soon into his career with us, after a half decent start.

I think he got respect as he not once blamed anyone for this, nor did he complain when we started playing a reserve lad ahead of him, didn't whinge in the papers, criticise the fans, demand a move... absolutely perfect professional from a fan's point of view, and I think (mostly) everyone felt for him.

Actually did a painting of him a couple of years ago. Probably the least valuable painting in the world. :pochsulk:
Let me guess: effort was great, technique was solid, but you just couldn't finish?

If you could have captured the moment he kicked the post in frustration it would have told a story.

Maybe. I think he just had a huge amount of passion that you could see each time he scored, which is what I went for. it's just a shame he couldn't have had better luck, otherwise he'd be a real club legend.

It'd be a bit morbid to capture/depict the negative side of reality.

I'd like to think it ended up better than the one he paid to have in his lounge at least....:lamelashock:

CW1bPdtWUAAcKJ9.jpg:large

It's not negative or morbid, it's poignant. Art isn't about capturing reality imo, it's about telling a story about an alternative reality with imagery - that's why it's difficult. If you were just going for a likeness, then fair enough.

Last edited:
Maybe. I think he just had a huge amount of passion that you could see each time he scored, which is what I went for. it's just a shame he couldn't have had better luck, otherwise he'd be a real club legend.

I'd like to think it ended up better than the one he paid to have in his lounge at least....:lamelashock:

CW1bPdtWUAAcKJ9.jpg:large
Wow, that is horrid.

It's not negative or morbid, it's poignant. Art isn't about capturing reality imo, it's about telling a story with an alternative reality with imagery - that's why it's difficult. If you were just going for a likeness, then fair enough.

It wasn't. Art is a lot of things, and in this particular instance it was about capturing something in his reaction that represented something about him. He could have score 60 goals for us, and not even that as a collective would have felt as special as maybe that one goal against Forest, or Everton.

It wasn't. Art is a lot of things, and in this particular instance it was about capturing something in his reaction that represented something about him. He could have score 60 goals for us, and not even that as a collective would have felt as special as maybe that one goal against Forest, or Everton.

I was at the Everton game and the mixture of relief, joy and genuine goodwill was palpable.

I have nothing but respect for Bobby.

What he went through when he first joined us I wouldn't wish on anyone. It is inconceivable that it didn't effect his settling here.

A guy has become a supporter of our club because of who we are and the support we gave him. I don't see why that is a problem.

Big up Bobby Soldier.

I was at the Everton game and the mixture of relief, joy and genuine goodwill was palpable.

My eyes watered, as it was like watching a long series where the underdog finally gets the happy ending. At least it felt like it.

I blame Sherwood for a lot of Soldado's downfall. It felt like he didn't want him to succeed at the time, and seem to remember he dropped or subbed him everytime he got into any form.

Back
Top Bottom