Chick King

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny how many articles are calling him a 'schoolboy'

He's a bit too old to be in school. Elijah Quashie is the lad's name and he is indeed 23.

I don't get the joke?

Is this comedy now?

Yeah same here. On Facebook it was captioned something like "This kid hilariously reviews chicken shops" and I got to the end wondering if they'd edited out the hilarious bit. Then I realised that this is what social media is now. Facebook, Twitter, youTube etc etc: just add a dumb click-bait caption to get hits and let everyone get disappointed. Fuck 'em.

All this "Best xxxx EVER!", "You won't believe what happens" and "This fannywagon-thingy is breaking the Internet" can get fucked.

Fair play to the kid; he's got followers that may lead to a career in TV, but I don't understand the following it's got. I expect it may actually die on it's arse shortly, like many Internet fame-hungry things. People get bored and move on. Having said that, I really want a chicken burger.

Yeah same here. On Facebook it was captioned something like "This kid hilariously reviews chicken shops" and I got to the end wondering if they'd edited out the hilarious bit. Then I realised that this is what social media is now. Facebook, Twitter, youTube etc etc: just add a dumb click-bait caption to get hits and let everyone get disappointed. Fuck 'em.

All this "Best xxxx EVER!", "You won't believe what happens" and "This fannywagon-thingy is breaking the Internet" can get fucked.

Fair play to the kid; he's got followers that may lead to a career in TV, but I don't understand the following it's got. I expect it may actually die on it's arse shortly, like many Internet fame-hungry things. People get bored and move on. Having said that, I really want a chicken burger.

It's not in the click-bait category for me but a bit surprised as to why it has got so popular. To be fair, the boy is not saying he is hilarious and genuinely think he is providing a bit of a service. Time out / Metro etc will always be full of the latest reviews of the latest hipster pop-up restaurants but what about these chicken shops?

The way he switches between serious and light hearted is a good style. I'm subscribed.

I think what annoys me about him is that there are hundreds of people just as funny and witty (I don't think he's particularly funny or witty ftr), what I initially thought set him apart was being in year 8 or some shit. But he's a 23 year old, if that's the best he can produce then that's shit.
People lapping it up IMO reeks of middle class people who barely interact with regular young Londoners coming across a "new" style of speech/comedy which is not actually original at all.

Loads of my friends on Facebook have been lapping this guy right up. I held off on watching any until last night when I realised he was 23 just to see what it was like. It's nowhere near as funny as I thought it would or could be. The twat on Gooner Fan TV who says fam and blud constantly is far more entertaining.

Celebrity big brother beckons.

Back
Top Bottom