WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just popping by to say I love this team. Every one of them. Janssen, fucking Tom Carroll, the kit guy, Chirpy.... all of em.

Too happy to begin to say anything more of note.

UP THE MOTHERFUCKING SPURS!

Great performance, goals & style!
Fingers crossed for jan (1 of my fave players).
I reckon this is our best formation & starting 11.
Love it.

Just watched the match again and it looked cringe worthy.... what is it with West Brom fucking up our defenders, sware last time we played them Toby got injured!?:dembelefingers:
Let's hope it ain't to bad.... fingers and toes crossed!

Apologies if these observations have already been made, but my take on today's game:
1. How did we not win this by 7 or 8?
2. This starting 11 should always be the first names on Poch's team sheet
3. Some of the football we played, especially first half was breath taking.
4. Again, would struggle to name a Man of the Match, our team work is out of this world (if pushed, will give it to Harry)
5. Gutted to see Jan being carried off, he was in tears when he went down, that's the reason why I think it's bad, hope I'm wrong.
6. The ref was absolutely useless, some of his decisions were diabolical. How did their No 3 stay on the pitch?
7. Pulis must have got new trainers for Christmas, as the pair he was wearing today were so pristine I had to get my sunglasses out - dazzling!
8. I know it's all about the 3 points, but how satisfying when they come with a top class performance, and we get one over one of our bogey teams.

It was a real pleasure to be at the Lane today, looking forward to relieving it all again on MOTD tonight - will be good to see the gooner having to admit how good we were today.

Last edited:
Apologies if these observations have already been made, but my take on today's game:
1. How did we not win this by 7 or 8?
2. This starting 11 should always be the first names on Poch's team sheet
3. Some of the football we played, especially first half was breath taking.
4. Again, would struggle to name a Man of the Match, our team work is out of this world (if pushed, will give it to Harry)
5. Gutted to see Jan being carried off, he was in tears when he went down, that's the reason why I think it's bad, hope I'm wrong.
6. The ref was absolutely useless, some of his decisions were diabolical. How did their No 3 stay on the pitch?
7. Pulis must have got a new pair trainers for Christmas, as the pair he was wearing today were so pristine I had to get my sunglasses out - dazzling!
8. I know it's all about the 3 points, but how satisfying when they come with a top class performance, and we get one over one of our bogey teams.

It was a real pleasure to be at the Lane today, looking forward to relieving it all again on MOTD tonight - will be good to see the gooner having to admit how good we were today.
Thanks for that, just what I wanted to read having missed the match.

7. Pulis must have got a new pair trainers for Christmas, as the pair he was wearing today were so pristine I had to get my sunglasses out - dazzling!

Reminds me of my days as a lane regular when Glenn was managing the sunlight reflecting off his gold watch blinded me in the stands at least twice!!

Thanks for that, just what I wanted to read having missed the match.
I'm useless for tactical observations, this is how I see a game, all emotion I'm afraid, although I will say I do like this 3 at the back thing. Oh, and one more thing, just noticed that Eric has gone back to a short back and sides, looks so much better on him than the pretty boy one he has been sporting (you'll tell me now that he has been like that for weeks!)

Mother in laws birthday today, so I knew I was going to miss the game live. I'm a huge fan of my Spanish family and especially big, long family lunches, so it wasn't a big problem, knowing I could avoid news of the result and watch "as live" on fullmatchesandshows.com later. Had a nice bottle of Rioja lined up, even a cheeky number, only to find that the aforementioned website doest show "fullmatches" any more, just highlights. Gutted, the 10 minutes I just saw looked brilliant but a poor substitute. Any one sentence summaries and "Wamyama (or whoever) was brilliant" posts eagerly welcome.
Can't even console myself with the last half hour at Filbert Street turning up any surprises

Here you go Bill.

First Half
Second Half

Eric has gone back to a short back and sides, looks so much better on him than the pretty boy one he has been sporting (you'll tell me now that he has been like that for weeks!...
Hadn't noticed changes to his coiffure I must say

As a stylist of note though, would you agree that Christian Eriksen is channeling Tufty?

tufty.jpg

Where does Lamela fit into our starting 11 now? Who would we have dropped today to accommodate him? Dembele and Victor bossed the midfield.... Eriksen is our play maker, dele is just magical.... :pochrolleyes:
I guess today we could have dropped Hugo and played Lamela as an extra AM....:pocheyes:

great performance from every single player today
but wanyama really is everywhere , pops up all over the pitch and always wins the ball , a joy to watch !

Back
Top Bottom