Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Post by a CITY fan on a Chelsea forum

"Disgusting amount of money being offered here, And c-unts used to whine about our £30/40k extra per week wages offered, I know it's rich coming from a City fan but the Chinese Super League really is disgusting. We can't do what the MLS has done, No, No, No, We're just going to get our financial c-ocks out and wave them all over the place, Disgusting, Again, I know it's rich coming from me but compare our spending and rise with that filthy money being spent over there, I hope he doesn't go because if Costa goes, Sanchez/Aguero/Suarez could all go and the last thing we want is European football weakened. I hope the Chinese Super League burns and crashes, I'm sorry.

Barrettinator, Essex blue and MissouriBlue like this"

Jesus fucking Christ.

Jorge Mendes, Christ. We all know how he operates.

ef7.gif

Question guys.

How does all this money in China fit in with FFP ?

As far as I can tell Chinese clubs don’t fall under Financial Fair Play regulations, they can spend without having to worry about running a deficit.

I'd assume the big European clubs will lobby UEFA to apply the FFP principles via FIFA to China as it will be argued that it's a global market place and you can't have a region operating to different rules than other regions under the same global body.

The strength of that lobbying might well end up diluted due to Chinese ownership of some of those "big clubs" for example Atheltic Madrid are Chinese owned.

Ultimately this probably cannot be effectively stopped until players stop going there and the wider markets avoid the product to the extent that it is not viable. Which is unlikely as money always seems to win in the end. Sadly.

The ironic thing being that it is a communist state operating extream global expansion in a greedy western industry. I don't want to get too heavy on a Saturday morning but a country where @ least 30% live in extream poverty and that has a baby abandonment problem like no other perhaps should be regulating this kind of stupid spending on an entertainment medium.

Last edited:
Instagram or not..... so what, its merely a keep the fans on my side exercise. He's still dropped from the squad, which speaks volumes.
Yep. And they can't even agree whether it was a bust up with the fitness coach or the manager. I can't see it being a fitness issue. The one thing you can say about Costa is that he is in good nick & banging goals in regularly. But let's blame the fitness coach anyway. Better than admitting there was a spat with Conte...until that story gets leaked too.

:sandroscream:

Yep. And they can't even agree whether it was a bust up with the fitness coach or the manager. I can't see it being a fitness issue. The one thing you can say about Costa is that he is in good nick & banging goals in regularly. But let's blame the fitness coach anyway. Better than admitting there was a spat with Conte...until that story gets leaked too.

:sandroscream:

Costa is a top goal scorer, but also has a screw loose. I truely believe its not an act....he has something going on there.

When he's not in the mood, he is just a liability, seconds away from a red card at any moment.

To be dropped is a big thing. Conte wont stand for player power clearly. So he can stay, and act like a loon, or go to China....win win.

Chelsea and West Ham are making this season so much fun at the minute.

Costa is a top goal scorer, but also has a screw loose. I truely believe its not an act....he has something going on there.

When he's not in the mood, he is just a liability, seconds away from a red card at any moment.

To be dropped is a big thing. Conte wont stand for player power clearly. So he can stay, and act like a loon, or go to China....win win.

Chelsea and West Ham are making this season so much fun at the minute.
Dead right. Let's hope WBA don't gatecrash the mid season party today. Would be amazing to ease into second spot and apply some pressure on the Dippers & united (that game has draw written all over it) and close the gap on the chavs (who may be having a bit of a crisis of their own). They won't win shit without Costa's goals & they won't get someone in mid season without spending a sum that would be reckless even by their standards.

I'd assume the big European clubs will lobby UEFA to apply the FFP principles via FIFA to China as it will be argued that it's a global market place and you can't have a region operating to different rules than other regions under the same global body.

The strength of that lobbying might well end up diluted due to Chinese ownership of some of those "big clubs" for example Atheltic Madrid are Chinese owned.

I agree this will happen in the end, and I expect there will be some regulation, but for now I don't think even the big clubs have the will to stop it. The other side of things that people seem to forget is that the clubs in Europe are getting massive pay days for selling their players to China, it isn't just wages. As long as the Chinese clubs are paying well over the odds for players the clubs will see the benefit as it lets them reinvest those crazy profits. I mean, let's say Dele in two years gets a bid from Real for £100M but then a Chinese club comes in and offers us £250M, who do you think Levy would accept the bid from?

And especially if you can sell your player who is actually overrated, or troublesome, the likes of Oscar who is actually a bit shit? It's a great deal for European clubs. Obviously it becomes a problem when a club from China turns the head of your top goalscorer mid way through the season when you're trying to win the title. But for now, it's Chelsea, so fucking laugh your tits off!

Back
Top Bottom