Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bravo
Sagna Stones Otamendi Clichy
Touré
Zabaleta De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero Sterling

4-4-2 diamond today just like against West Ham. It's still beyond weird with Zabaleta in midfield and Touré shielding a horrible central defense.

Zabeleta played central midfield when Mancini came in. But he definitely doesn't have the legs for it anymore.

Problem with City is that their team is ageing. Sagna and Clichy seem to have played football for years and can't cut it. No surprise they're linked with Walker and Rose.

I expect them to be very much up for it next weekend, but if they leave the kind of space they did today vs Kane, Eriksen and co, there will be opportunities.

An early goal to break them!

Bravo
Sagna Stones Otamendi Clichy
Touré
Zabaleta De Bruyne
Silva
Aguero Sterling

4-4-2 diamond today just like against West Ham. It's still beyond weird with Zabaleta in midfield and Touré shielding a horrible central defense.

Please, please, please let them line up like this against Spurs on Saturday.

I expect them to be very much up for it next weekend, but if they leave the kind of space they did today vs Kane, Eriksen and co, there will be opportunities.

An early goal to break them!
Kane and Dele are going to fucking terrorize their back line. Otamendi always has a howler against us.

Bravo always like to do short passes to his defenders. Press and harass their backline.

And when taking a shot, aim between Bravo's legs. His legs are more open than a veteran prostitute. High chance of the ball going in.

GK: Bravo
LB: Otamendi
CB: Sagna
CB: Stones
RB: Clichy
MC: Silva
MC: De Bruyne
AM: Zabaleta
AM: Sterling
AM: Toure
FW: Aguero

None of them are club-cultured, all were brought in by waving money in their faces.
You could say the same about Lloris, Walker, Verts, Toby, Eriksen, Dele, Wanayma, Dembele and Dier from our starting 11. Do you think they play for free?

Bizarre comment

Firstly i don't hate City. Their success is of no relevance to me whatsoever, any success is bought and they should feel no pride in it whatsoever, and I feel no threat or competition from it. They're like the Harlem Globetrotters of football, along with PSG.

Secondly, starting this thread a week before we play them is just plain dumb.

You could say the same about Lloris, Walker, Verts, Toby, Eriksen, Dele, Wanayma, Dembele and Dier from our starting 11. Do you think they play for free?

Bizarre comment

Walker has been with us since he was 19 and is effectively a 'youth' product as much as Bentaleb was. Dele and Dier are also in the same bracket, except they seem to have an affection for the club as we gave them opportunities.

Not one of those players was brought here under the bribe of money. I see you've also complete omitted Rose and Kane from that line up, too.

To break it down further, there are intertwining relationships that knit the squad together:

Alderweireld and Wanyama both played together at Southampton.
Alderweireld, Eriksen and Vertonghen all played together at Ajax.
Dele, Rose, Walker, Dier and Kane all play together internationally.
Alderweireld, Dembele and Vertonghen all play together internationally.

(there's probably more, but that's just off the top of my head)

Essentially, the main bulk of the squad can be linked into groups who have pre-existing relationships - this was an important factor in the teams that SAF successfully built.

People want to feel part of something, and to feel like they are part of a collective - I don't think players will be much different. I think it's blatantly important to have youth products in the team who catalyse that passion with what they love about the club, then the other 'relationships' help knit the team together.

There's no one person in that City lineup who gives a damn about the badge, and why would they? They weren't brought in for opportunities, they were bribed with sign-on fees and salaries, so that's how they base their loyalty and performances.

After all, they just saw how the one key player who cared about the team was treated (Hart) when Pep came in.

Walker has been with us since he was 19 and is effectively a 'youth' product as much as Bentaleb was. Dele and Dier are also in the same bracket, except they seem to have an affection for the club as we gave them opportunities.

Not one of those players was brought here under the bribe of money. I see you've also complete omitted Rose and Kane from that line up, too.

To break it down further, there are intertwining relationships that knit the squad together:

Essentially, the main bulk of the squad can be linked into groups who have pre-existing relationships - this was an important factor in the teams that SAF successfully built.

People want to feel part of something, and to feel like they are part of a collective - I don't think players will be much different. I think it's blatantly important to have youth products in the team who catalyse that passion with what they love about the club, then the other 'relationships' help knit the team together.

There's no one person in that City lineup who gives a damn about the badge, and why would they? They weren't brought in for opportunities, they were bribed with sign-on fees and salaries, so that's how they base their loyalty and performances.

After all, they just saw how the one key player who cared about the team was treated (Hart) when Pep came in.
What do you mean 'bribe' of money? We signed those players for a fee and pay them hefty salaries? Do you think they'll stay for the 'team spirit' of Levy stopped the tap tomorrow?

I omitted Rose and Kane for obvious reasons

Your statement is extremely naive and borderline ignorant - with all due respect. That's not how modern football works. Those players have won multiple PL titles btw

Last edited:
What do you mean 'bribe' of money? We signed those players for a fee and pay them hefty salaries? Do you think they'll stay for the 'team spirit' of Levy stopped the tap tomorrow?

I omitted Rose and Kane for obvious reasons

Your statement is extremely naive is borderline ignorant - with all due respect. That's not how modern football works. Those players have won multiple PL titles btw

What obvious reasons? Walker, Dier and Dele were all signed under the same circumstances as Rose.

I don't think you're understanding the point here, with all due respect, and I really don't have the patience to explain it, but Yaya Toure and Aguero didn't sign for city because of the club's history or first team opportunities....

What obvious reasons? Walker, Dier and Dele were all signed under the same circumstances as Rose.

I don't think you're understanding the point here, with all due respect, and I really don't have the patience to explain it, but Yaya Toure and Aguero didn't sign for city because of the club's history or first team opportunities....
Rose was barely 17 and played for the Academy / Reserves for quite some time before given a chance

Dier was a first team player from day one - same with Walker who was loaned back immediately and came back when he was 20 already few months later.

I understand your premise - but our players don't play for free either and are paid professionals - you make it seem like they sing cumbaya before each game and eat marshmallows.

Complete and utter non statement

Aguero, Otamendi and Zabaleta all play together internationally.
Navas, Nolito and Silva all play together internationally
Gundogan and Sane all play together internationally
Stones and Sterling - as above
etc

Complete and utter non statement

Aguero, Otamendi and Zabaleta all play together internationally.
Navas, Nolito and Silva all play together internationally
Gundogan and Sane all play together internationally
Stones and Sterling - as above
etc

I get the feeling you're arguing for the sake of it, or not getting it.

Where do those four groups you listed intersect?

Where do those four groups you listed intersect?
If you're asking whether they played together internationally prior to signing for City - the answer is yes

Anyhow - I categorically disagree with the holier than thou notion of us running some charity. Poch is a remarkable manager and we play great as a unit.

Firstly i don't hate City. Their success is of no relevance to me whatsoever, any success is bought and they should feel no pride in it whatsoever, and I feel no threat or competition from it. They're like the Harlem Globetrotters of football, along with PSG.

Secondly, starting this thread a week before we play them is just plain dumb.
I hate city carbon cunts

Brilliant post.....I will just add that none of our players earn 200k plus a week either.

Lots probably joined us on not much more than they left their old clubs for as they saw a vision and opportunity.

West Ham have higher earners than us by way of perspective

If you're asking whether they played together internationally prior to signing for City - the answer is yes

Anyhow - I categorically disagree with the holier than thou notion of us running some charity. Poch is a remarkable manager and we play great as a unit.

:avbfacepalm:

As much as I wish I had the patience to explain things to people, I really can't be bothered. You're missing the point.

:avbfacepalm:

As much as I wish I had the patience to explain things to people, I really can't be bothered. You're missing the point.
LOL - the classic 'don't have time' response

You also used SAF as an example - they pay/payed massive wages too btw

Look, I get it - you think we're morally superior to City in every way possible and our players love each other while theirs simply come in to do their job and go home without ever interacting. You won't change my mind or vice versa so let's leave it at that?

They still joined us because we offered more than other clubs comparative to their 'player value'
I think we have an attractive vision and philosophy. I don't see many of our squad happy to sit on our bench for the wages like at city and Chelsea. Our wage cap has only just broken the 100k mark.

There are higher paying clubs that our players could walk into the first team if they want

Back
Top Bottom