Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same ankle too apparently. If this is the case then the injury 'may' not be as bad due to the ligaments being already damaged. In many cases the ligaments are already stretched, which causes an ankle to be turned more often but the recovery is far quicker than a first tear. Bale was an example of this. If it's new ligament damage (a different area) then it's 6-8wks out most likely.

Same ankle too apparently. If this is the case then the injury 'may' not be as bad due to the ligaments being already damaged. In many cases the ligaments are already stretched, which causes an ankle to be turned more often but the recovery is far quicker than a first tear. Bale was an example of this. If it's new ligament damage (a different area) then it's 6-8wks out most likely.
If its same ankle it also has the potential to weaken it further!
I know because i have experienced it!

If its same ankle it also has the potential to weaken it further!
I know because i have experienced it!
Possibility for sure, he could have snapped ligaments, which scan will reveal. He is a big lad so more weight to go through when ankle bent but in many cases it's a repeat, as ligament is already stretched and doesn't offer the same support.

In any event he's out for min 4 weeks & up to 10 weeks.

Well in't that a fuck!

I guess we'll find out what Wimmer or Davies are really made of... might mean the Europa/FA Cup teams get even weaker, as I doubt Poch will risk all of our 1st choice defenders...
CCV, this may also be your chance to shine!!

Weeks, rather than months :avbpray:

nooooooooo.gif

I'm sure Davies or Wimmer will be able to step in, but watching the game back again when I got home today noticed how many quick forward passes Jan makes... he will be A big miss so let's hope he gets back quick.
Wimmer is capable of them.
I think he would have come on Saturday if he'd been available .
As it happened Davies was perfect as it didn't stop the surges forward from that position that Jan was doing most of the game.

I just hope vertonghen is not too bad.
Good sign was that he was standing.
I have done that many times without rupturing ligaments.
yet I feel he'll be missing until at least March. Swelling down, motion back, impact etc before training. Rush him back and he's at risk of same injury again or developing others.
Maybe for Southampton at home, or if we're lucky the 2nd leg of the EL 16.

That is the first time anyone has described WHL is utter shit because it's close to the pitch. Congratulations.

Talk about taking words out of my mouth and twisting them.

It's shit because of the terrain changes. It's not shit because the crowd is close. One of the consequences of the crowd being so close is the cost of the terrain.

Either I've worded myself poorly or you're being a cunt.

That is an old picture. This year is the first year we have ever had Astro turf. So to answer your question the majority of that surface is now Astro turf.

The entire dugout isn't, which is where Jan got injured. Picture was to give you an idea of what I was talking about, not that particular bit. Again, very pedantic and cunt post.

Back
Top Bottom