January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Refuse to name & more importantly who the mythical player they are to replace. Apparently because we didn't replace the golden boot winner in Jan last year is the reason we didn't win the league, someone actually said that. Go figure that one out, blows the fucking mind.

Maybe they have us confused with West Ham and City and think our 750M stadium is being paid for by the taxpayers too.

Alas, THFC is footing the bill. But while their at it:
"BUY ME A STRIKER FOR WHATEVER PRICE AND PAY HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS"
"Who?"
"SOMETHING SOMETHING SCOUTS JOB, SOMETHING SOMETHING BLAH BLAH"
"We have scouted some great players and are building. Sitting in second place"
"I WANT FIRST"

Jesus fucking Christ

Any of those 3 could press grapes let alone press a duration longer than 10mins in this Spurs side.
Right now I trust Poch to coach Janssen & I also have faith that he will not stick with a player if he recognises when he can't coach them (he has binned off many players without batting an eyelid).

Janssen is still young, younger than Harry Kane believe it or not. I trust Poch to be able to improve Janssen as a player.

So far, I think we bought Janssen to answer the critics that said "We couldn't buy a more ineffective striker than Soldado"

I kind of miss him
:soldadowatch:

Janssen's penalty taking skills as good as Bobby's. Perhaps he needs to work on his social media character a bit more.

So turns out Berahino has been doing drugs. Looks like we dodged a bullet.
I think he's a good lad overall, who would have done well at Spurs had we bought him before it all went downhill. I hope he revives his fortunes as he is genuine quality.
As for the drugs, if I had Sargent Major Pulis barking orders at me all day I think I'd be on the dickhead dust too!

I think he's a good lad overall, who would have done well at Spurs had we bought him before it all went downhill.

He was inhaling party balloons and driving pissed up well before we put a bid in, as far as I remember. He apparently got sent back from a few loans as a teen due to his attitude, allegedly.

He was inhaling party balloons and driving pissed up well before we put a bid in, as far as I remember. He apparently got sent back from a few loans as a teen due to his attitude, allegedly.

Gazza, Maradona, George Best were all notorious dickheads. Sometimes talent comes with a dark side. Clubs want to avoid such players now as it is considered a risk to the balance sheet and the club's public image.

Gazza, Maradona, George Best were all notorious dickheads. Sometimes talent comes with a dark side. Clubs want to avoid such players now as it is considered a risk to the balance sheet and the club's public image.

That's all good and well but they are the exception not the norm , especially in this day and age.

...and they're also not much use when they are banned from doing most things because of their behaviour.

Paul Merson was and still is also a notorious dickhead, but was still shit

BREAKING: SKY SOURCES: BERAHINO BAN WAS FOR RECREATIONAL DRUGS

Earlier we brought you the thoughts of Stoke boss Mark Hughes on the fact that new signing Sadio Berahino had served an eight week FA suspension while a West Brom player, and now Sky sources can confirm that this was for recreational drug use.

HUGHES ON BERAHINO

We brought you news this week that new Stoke signing Saido Berahino had been banned while at West Brom. Here's Hughes on the situation:

"We are aware of it clearly - there was an FA disciplinary matter and Saido had an eight week suspension, I believe.

"We were aware of that before we signed him. In terms of more detail you would probably need to refer back to his former club. We aren't in a position to give any more details as we don't have them.

"He had issues at his previous club for 18 months, which this is obviously a part of. As with all players we did our research on him before we signed him, but that didn't change our thinking at all. We are pleased with what he is producing and he is looking forward to the game tomorrow."

driving pissed up
He was the equivalent of a half pint over the limit.

How many young men could this be said of do you reckon? Probably about half I reckon. I don't drive but I have certainly been happy to let people who were over the limit do so, which makes me an accessory.

Youth and unwise decision making, inevitably bound together since the days of Adam and Eve

I feel like exploding when this excuse is forever wheeled out to justify our lack of transfer activity. We are a very wealthy club. One of the richest in Europe. Let's PAY THE FACKIN' WAGES it takes then instead of acting so fucking small time.

KZFSwGD.gif

Or, reworded, he did 110mph after the equivalent of around 5 pints of beer.

5 pints? He had 101 mg of alcohol in his blood when the limit is 80 mg. Given that the limit for most people is just over a pint, it would seem that he had had more like the half pint over that I said (working on the rough calculation of a pint = 60 mg).

Not apologising for it mind, just saying it happens, you get punished and hopefully grow up a bit and don't do it again.

That's certainly the narrative that we'd be peddling if he had signed for us back in the day. For example, you highlight his doing nitrous oxide or whatever it is as a sign of a druggy past, but fail to mention that Kyle Walker did the exact same thing

Back
Top Bottom