Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're a good lad Vince.
Engleby is going just fine. I put it down for a few days and read Cruyff's autobiography and some excitable stuff by Hitchens. I'm back on it now though, listening to Radiohead as a go. My tipple of choice.

I'll be finished it tomorrow. Any further recommendations?

Engleby is going just fine. I put it down for a few days and read Cruyff's autobiography and some excitable stuff by Hitchens. I'm back on it now though, listening to Radiohead as a go. My tipple of choice.

I'll be finished it tomorrow. Any further recommendations?
I like Radiohead also. And Hitchens (Christopher l presume?)

I like Radiohead also. And Hitchens (Christopher l presume?)
Aye, Christopher. His brother, Peter is it(?), always comes across as a Tory cunt when I see him. But then I did not think much of Christopher in my youth. I was a Galloway and Sheridan sycophant though. They let me down badly.

Christopher seems to have been an admirably honest person now that I've given his work headspace.

Aye, Christopher. His brother, Peter is it(?), always comes across as a Tory cunt when I see him. But then I did not think much of Christopher in my youth. I was a Galloway and Sheridan sycophant though. They let me down badly.

Christopher seems to have been an admirably honest person now that I've given his work headspace.

Read 'God is not great, why religion poisons everything'. It's only a reaffirmation for atheists, but very interesting nonetheless. A brilliant argument.

Edit: And 'The Daughter of Time' by Josephine Tey. A very clever little historical whodunnit - perfect for a short ferry ride.

Take all care Vince.

Last edited:
raw

Last edited:
Just watched SSN...Sky sources understand that the coaching staff have both left and are still at the club...it's like that bloody cat in the box all over again...

Christopher was a friend of the Bushes and very pro the illegal invasion of Iraq. As Galloway said of him, Hitchens was the only documented case of a butterfly metamorphosing into a slug. That is in politics anyway, on religion he was almost always spot on

I still maintain that we won't win a trophy until we have a Celt (Scottish or Irish) in the side ..... even in 1991, we had Justin Edinburgh ............ ;)

So is this right:
Warburton/ his team agent approached Rangers & asked for them to be released from their contracts, resign, without incurring any compensation when Forest approached Warburton.
The club agreed. Even though they would lose a lot of money in that compensation which was inserted into Warburton and team's contract when they signed a new financially beneficial contract.
Then Forest appoint someone else and the agent for Warbuton/team wants to reverse that decision and now they don't want their resignations accepted.
Rangers board meet and say no, we will accept their resignations as they obviously were not committed to us, we'll find someone who is.
I am sorry, if this is how it is then Rangers are in the right and Warburton has lost some respect.

So is this right:
Warburton/ his team agent approached Rangers & asked for them to be released from their contracts, resign, without incurring any compensation when Forest approached Warburton.
The club agreed. Even though they would lose a lot of money in that compensation which was inserted into Warburton and team's contract when they signed a new financially beneficial contract.
Then Forest appoint someone else and the agent for Warbuton/team wants to reverse that decision and now they don't want their resignations accepted.
Rangers board meet and say no, we will accept their resignations as they obviously were not committed to us, we'll find someone who is.
I am sorry, if this is how it is then Rangers are in the right and Warburton has lost some respect.

Pretty mutch spot on, their agent told Rangers they where resigning on Wednesday, the board accept it on the quiet, Warburton etc try to renege on it by saying it was only verbal on Thursday/Friday after Forest appoint someone else. Rangers tell them to fuck off.

This is going to get messy I feel

Back
Top Bottom