Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are still 2nd peeps with a lot of winnable games coming up. In our own hands.

This and the Man City away games were the ones i was scared about. Basically, Pool and Leicester are tailor made to fuck with our system - need to keep an eye on the other sack of shit when we play them next.

But surely if we know that shouldn't the coach also know that as well?

And shouldn't he have a fucking cunning plan to beat that Kraut just like Hull Tigers and the Taffs managed to do? I mean fuck me West Ham scored two at their place?

As for those "winnable" games coming up i thought that when we were up at Sunderland a few days ago, counting points before a ball is kicked in anger is a dangerous game my friend.

Maybe I do occasionally over react. But people disagreeing with this post ? Really? ...I suppose today's performance warrants a fucking party then does it?... you fucking sad losers.

But we aren't gooners John, there is something between Armageddon and heaven and that's where we sit, intelligent well rounded fans that take multiple seasons form when judgeing a situation

I always think that when I listen to 606 the Spurs fans always seem more intelligent more well rounded than other teams fans, wankers who only remember last 2 or 3 weeks

Today was very disappointing but not the end of world, we have 8 great games coming up

Rose scored in that one iirc?
I thought we deserved a draw overall, but probably looking at it with a hazy memory & rose (sic) coloured glasses.
Yeah, he was great going forward in that game as per usual.
Obviously the sooner him & jan are back the better!
Jan has improved again on last season.
Stepped up when toby was out too.

I always think that when I listen to 606 the Spurs fans always seem more intelligent more well rounded than other teams fans, wankers who only remember last 2 or 3 weeks
Well one more performance like that and I'll be on to 606 myself. But you may have hit the button here. Perhaps it's our own fans ambivalence to mediocrity and willingness to accept second best that has undermined us for so long. The club know we'll accept annual disappointment. We keep coming back for more. As the Arch cunt Wenger himself said, why can't all fans be like ours ?

But we aren't gooners John, there is something between Armageddon and heaven and that's where we sit, intelligent well rounded fans that take multiple seasons form when judgeing a situation

Today was very disappointing but not the end of world, we have 8 great games coming up
Knew you'd be a voice of reason, Mensa Mensa . Today was shite, but it's pretty difficult to get too angry when we have key injuries, and Poch has rightly earned so much goodwill from us as fans over the past two and a half seasons.

Unless we draw a particular opponent in one of the cups, I can't see us coming up against a team with the playing style of Liverpool until next season. That's a good thing in some regards, but bad if Poch fails to reflect on what happened this evening and stop it from reoccurring.
I won't be too harsh from our past experiences against high-pressing teams: this is the first time he's been beaten by Liverpool in the league (with Spurs), and we rotated our squad so heavily in the Dortmund games that drawing conclusions from them is near impossible.

We're victims of our own progression. At the moment we have a fantastic first XI who can blow away pretty much anyone in the league when everything is clicking. Beyond that, the drop off in quality (whether through poor purchasing or young talent not quite being there yet) is steeper than any of our direct competitors.
Given how much less we've spent, there's no shame in that.

But one thing I do know for certain is that we'll be even better next year. I'm very calm about our best players sticking around, and another summer (with the scouting overhaul starting now to have targets lined up in time) will let us add a couple of quality players to compete/offer game-changing options on the bench.
Last summer wasn't ideal, but the intent was good (get a striker, winger, CDM). Imagine what we'll be like in a year if we're smart and add another Wanyama-type signing (or two).

That was poor, but not entirely unexpected. Our first choice XI may be the best in the league but our overall squad is thin and not title winning caliber.

If this squad, with the key injuries finishers in top 4 it will be a massive achievement.
We were never title challengers. Maybe if we never had European football. But, like many want, to competed in every cup competition using the squad sparingly playing strong teams, it's never going to happen.
The squad is not good enough. Maybe some convinced themselves we had great cover in every position except striker, but really just tripper really.
Wimmer is no longer trusted as a Left footed CB to replace Vertonghen, and Dier, who obviously wasn't considered consistently good enough to partner Vertongen, is vulnerable at CB.
He was last season too when he had to play there.
Davies, imo, flatters to deceive. I really cannot see how he is considered great defensively. He got ran ragged by Adama last weekend and Toby and Dembele were helping him out.
He offers little going forward too. The odd decent cross.
Dier's frailties nearly cost us 2 points in that game. Luckily for us his errors have been covered up, like v Wycombe, by missed opportunities or us getting results.
We have a decent CM in Winks but no place for him.
We have no replacements for our AM's but Nkoudo, onomah Edwards and Sissoko.
More fool anyone who thought that without our full strength team we were going up there to smash Liverpool. It would have been difficult with a full strength back line.
However, we are still in the cup, EL and still 2nd, until tomorrow.
So, be happy.
The new stadium is not here yet, we have a 30k capacity and a wage structure.
Expect no massive sig inns and a bench full of £100k + squad members
Next season will be very, very, difficult .
Be prepared to not win any cups if you want us to finish in top 4 this year.
It's more important we do that imo. Top 4 would make a statement. We are a top 4 team and intend to stay a top 4 team. It will be much more beneficial to us getting through the next couple of seasons too. Some don't seem to realise that it's also a massive gamble this new stadium. It could break us as well as make us.
If we were out of the top 4 challenge I'd say go all out for EL.
However, it's a tough decision for Pochettino.
We saw last year that when it was on he prioritised the league rather than gamble.

Evening all, long time reader, first-time poster.

Obviously, today's game was massively depressing to watch we lacked any urgency and it looked like the players just couldn't be asked. We made Liverpool look a lot better than they are. Personally, I would have gone for 5 at the back to give Davies some help with Mane and Clyne and then brought Son on later on as an impact sub.

I've been reading a lot today (mainly on Twitter) about our bench and also our lack of strength in depth...however people seem to forget that we have lost the best keeper in the league, lost the best defence in the league (individually and as a unit), lost the best striker in the league at various points across the season due to injury. We've also been without Dembele because of his suspension and Lamela has also been out for months. All of these injuries meant that the players were missing for several weeks, not just 1 or 2 games. Which other team in the league could take hits like that across the season and still be where we are? Liverpool lost Mane for I think 5 or 7 games, 1 player! Look how much they struggled!

Of course I'd love for Poch to turn around, look at his bench options and bring on a top player, however, unfortunately, we're not 'there yet' there are several clubs in this league that can outbid / out pay us and it will be like that until we are up and running in the new stadium.

I love what our manager has done for us since he took over and I can't wait to see how far he takes us once we are at our new home and we can afford to spend more on transfer fees and wages.

Apologies for the long post.

COYS.
There's only room for 1 King in this town :angryscouser:

If this squad, with the key injuries finishers in top 4 it will be a massive achievement.
We were never title challengers. Maybe if we never had European football. But, like many want, to competed in every cup competition using the squad sparingly playing strong teams, it's never going to happen.
The squad is not good enough. Maybe some convinced themselves we had great cover in every position except striker, but really just tripper really.
Wimmer is no longer trusted as a Left footed CB to replace Vertonghen, and Dier, who obviously wasn't considered consistently good enough to partner Vertongen, is vulnerable at CB.
He was last season too when he had to play there.
Davies, imo, flatters to deceive. I really cannot see how he is considered great defensively. He got ran ragged by Adama last weekend and Toby and Dembele were helping him out.
He offers little going forward too. The odd decent cross.
Dier's frailties nearly cost us 2 points in that game. Luckily for us his errors have been covered up, like v Wycombe, by missed opportunities or us getting results.
We have a decent CM in Winks but no place for him.
We have no replacements for our AM's but Nkoudo, onomah Edwards and Sissoko.
More fool anyone who thought that without our full strength team we were going up there to smash Liverpool. It would have been difficult with a full strength back line.
However, we are still in the cup, EL and still 2nd, until tomorrow.
So, be happy.
The new stadium is not here yet, we have a 30k capacity and a wage structure.
Expect no massive sig inns and a bench full of £100k + squad members
Next season will be very, very, difficult .
Be prepared to not win any cups if you want us to finish in top 4 this year.
It's more important we do that imo. Top 4 would make a statement. We are a top 4 team and intend to stay a top 4 team. It will be much more beneficial to us getting through the next couple of seasons too. Some don't seem to realise that it's also a massive gamble this new stadium. It could break us as well as make us.
If we were out of the top 4 challenge I'd say go all out for EL.
However, it's a tough decision for Pochettino.
We saw last year that when it was on he prioritised the league rather than gamble.
Yeah I always assumed moving stadium would make us & not break us.
But are Woolwich actually better on the pitch for moving stadiums?

Back
Top Bottom