Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't get why certain individuals are targeted more than others. Some are more negatively minded than others.
Might as well get used to it.

Honestly not fussed if we finish 5th or 6th... If we lift some silverware, for the first time in ages we have the team (not squad) to beat top clubs in England. That puts us in a position to at least win the FA Cup.

It's true that people who are overtly critical, or unduly negative, do draw attention to themselves. This is the way of the world no?

Yes. That is exactly what my point is.
It wasn't agreeing with deegee about expectations once in a bigger stadium.
& how people assume u will be better on the pitch.
It was we should downsize. Good one.
Yes, so what I did was use your logic in the reverse to show its absurdity. Your claim is that increasing the clubs revenue will not benefit the team, so I suggest we try to decrease the revenue to help push us to the next level

Yes, so what I did was use your logic in the reverse to show its absurdity. Your claim is that increasing the clubs revenue will not benefit the team, so I suggest we try to decrease the revenue to help push us to the next level
That wasn't my claim at all.
Your counter point was arguing against not moving to a bigger stadium.
No one was saying we shouldn't move.
Just because you think you need to manage expectations when moving, it doesn't mean u don't want to move.
Anyway, I can see your out for a fight!
So I will leave u to it. Good day to u sir.

That wasn't my claim at all.
Your counter point was arguing against not moving to a bigger stadium.
No one was saying we shouldn't move.
Just because you think you need to manage expectations when moving, it doesn't mean u don't want to move.
Anyway, I can see your out for a fight!
So I will leave u to it. Good day to u sir.
Yes, I can see why you wouldn't want to defend the statement you made. I don't think the match thread of a 2-0 defeat is the place to manage expectations. It seemed more like an attempt to darken an already dark day. My apologies if it was actually an honest pondering. But it was a very stupid point nonetheless

Couldn't watch half of the match due to some project work and what I watched looked rather poor. Sadly losing Rose really imbalance our play both with his immense contribution up front (essentially playing LW at times) and his solid defensive performance. I don't think Davies is a bad footballer, but when you're somewhere wrong in your head it shows. I believe our challenge this summer will be to upgrade our squad, substitutes for a top 6 side are not on par with their top 3 counterparts.

The good news our run of spells in the league to the end of season is rather comfortable. Onward and upward COYS

P.S watching Liverpool is probably the worst, any pundit just wank on them for 90 minutes

People like SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 seem to not tolerate views that lean to the negative side, as evidenced by his new thread today.
We're two points off United. Welp. How a couple of average results can change things rapidly.
Actually it matches his personality.
Thinks he is great just like his team.
Can't handle criticism about himself, just like his team.

Deluded, arrogant with lots of faith issues.
Is wrong nearly always but can never see it due to him being so deluded.
Thinks he is hard & we should be scared of him even though he is just a stranger on the internet.
He has a very cold, nasty side & demeanour.
Think he is an expert on about 20 different subjects. Clearly is not.
Forums a million times better if you put him on ignore.

Mate I have not seen a single post from anyone on here that has said anything positive about yesterday's performance.

The positives being taken by some are those seeing the bigger picture and where we are as a team.
Honestly, we could play liverpool away again next week & people will attack anyone who says they are worried about the match.
Unless you say "an easy win for us, liverpool are shit & we are great" then you will most likely get attacked on here.
I did for saying liverpool will be harder than some seem to think it will be. I didn't even say we would lose.

Its become a strange forum where you have to pretend the team & manager have no flaws.
If you say openly they do then you get attacked.

Honestly, we could play liverpool away again next week & people will attack anyone who says they are worried about the match.
Unless you say "an easy win for us, liverpool are shit & we are great" then you will most likely get attacked on here.
I did for saying liverpool will be harder than some seem to think it will be. I didn't even say we would lose.

Its become a strange forum where you have to pretend the team & manager have no flaws.
Fair enough, plenty of dickheads on here, you'll get no disagreement from me about that. Still can't understand your point but lets leave it there. I've spent too much time on here today already

Forums a million times better if you put him on ignore.
And yet here you are, not ignoring me.

You little wimp taking your shots like this but hide behind the fact you're ''ignoring'' me.

You're a coward, mate.

Ironically, this forum would be a million times better if you simply weren't here. And I'm not even the first person to say that to you today.

I'd be interested to know what about Spurs I'm deluded about? Considering everything I've posted I've supported with evidence. Whereas you run around with your negativity without a shred of it.

You'll ''ignore'' this no doubt because when you get stuck in your own negative bullshit you run away.

I still genuinely believe that our fully fit team (including Rose and Verts) would smash that rabble.
Our first 11 (which picks itself) is like a precision, well oiled machine - until you take a component out.

My only criticism of Spurs and Poch is the gulf between the first team and when we have to adjust. I'm sure Poch is aware of this.
My other critisism is that Poch is aware of this, but continues with the 'they don't want it enough' line - not sure that will go down well with some of the team

beef-steak.jpg

Knew you'd be a voice of reason, Mensa Mensa . Today was shite, but it's pretty difficult to get too angry when we have key injuries, and Poch has rightly earned so much goodwill from us as fans over the past two and a half seasons.

Unless we draw a particular opponent in one of the cups, I can't see us coming up against a team with the playing style of Liverpool until next season. That's a good thing in some regards, but bad if Poch fails to reflect on what happened this evening and stop it from reoccurring.
I won't be too harsh from our past experiences against high-pressing teams: this is the first time he's been beaten by Liverpool in the league (with Spurs), and we rotated our squad so heavily in the Dortmund games that drawing conclusions from them is near impossible.

We're victims of our own progression. At the moment we have a fantastic first XI who can blow away pretty much anyone in the league when everything is clicking. Beyond that, the drop off in quality (whether through poor purchasing or young talent not quite being there yet) is steeper than any of our direct competitors.
Given how much less we've spent, there's no shame in that.

But one thing I do know for certain is that we'll be even better next year. I'm very calm about our best players sticking around, and another summer (with the scouting overhaul starting now to have targets lined up in time) will let us add a couple of quality players to compete/offer game-changing options on the bench.
Last summer wasn't ideal, but the intent was good (get a striker, winger, CDM). Imagine what we'll be like in a year if we're smart and add another Wanyama-type signing (or two).

I also think as a team we will be better next season, it just worries me that WHL has been a fortress for us this season, really hope we can something similar at Wembley........

No doubt there are extremes at both ends of the spectrum. As someone who leans on the positive, going into a game with positivity kind of feels appreciate given where we are.
Although I wasn't as confident heading into this game as I was against Citeh, I was all over that game as they hadn't impressed given who they had played prior to us. Dippers on the other hand had shown their qualities and under Poch have outplayed us. I was concerned he would change from previous encounters, he didn't, my insecurities justified.

Watching MOTD2 extra. They showed some stats about us vs Liverpool yesterday and as a whole, we really have an appalling record against them. Need to be more ruthless in how we set up against them, less naive. Everyone knows Liverpool struggle with teams that park the bus, yet we do the complete opposite and play a high-line.

My other critisism is that Poch is aware of this, but continues with the 'they don't want it enough' line - not sure that will go down well with some of the team
Tough. He's right. Who could possibly say the players wanted it enough yesterday? Poch is in charge - I don't care how it goes down with the team. Remember Newcastle? That was a fucking disgrace and one of the rare games where the 'simply unacceptable' criticism was valid.

Last edited:
Watching MOTD2 extra. They showed some stats about us vs Liverpool yesterday and as a whole, we really have an appalling record against them. Need to be more ruthless in how we set up against them, less naive.
Our new Chelsea.

Last sentence is correct. We always seem to lose the tactical battle against them. It's inexplicable when we can do over the likes of City and Chelsea and struggle with them.

Back
Top Bottom