Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone with tickets to the 2nd leg is secretly pleased that it's game on. Come on, be honest, it's gonna (with apologies to ArcspacE ArcspacE ) be more exiting now. I love our team, always putting the fans first.
In a masochistic kind of way...I must admit I am. It's very much game on still, rather than a dead rubber either way. Guaranteed huge crowd & hopefully a huge atmosphere. Should be a cracker (although I wouldn't have objected to it being all but decided after tonight)
At least we didn't get a 5-1 fist fucking in our away tie like some other team I could mention...

We'll beat Gent at home, but I can't see us going further than the next round.

We can't lost every away game and expect to win the competition.

Well, didn't catch the game as I had a very busy day today at work, but I saw the extended highlights.
I'm not surprised to hear that a lineup with those players under-performed though- I think the team has looked extremely tired recently and warned that we needed to rotate heavily and give key performers a break.

Its insane that Janssen can't even make the bench! Unless he is sitting out for disciplinary or injury reasons, it doesn't make sense. And Wimmer? These are the games he needs to be starting so that he can string together enough game time to get into form again. Even if they haven't been in great form, we still need their legs to help us through the myriad competitions.

Dembele on the wing is baffling. He hasn't played well there for ages, if ever!
Why oh why did we put out such a defensive side against Gent?
How is it possible that Janssen can't even make the bench?
Dembele on the wing? D E M B E L E O N T H E W I N G ????
cat-665x385.jpg

We may aswell play the reserves next round theres absolutely no way were winning the competition playing the way we play away from home. I still think we will get top 4 considering our fixtures compared to the rest of our competitors I just pray this season shakes up poch/levy into realising we need to sign real quality not the likes of jansenn, sissoko and nkodou if were ever going to progress to the next level

N'Kodou and Son should have started and both should have been replaced with Eriksen and Janssen when we were up comfortably up 2 nil on the 78th minute. Instead, Janssen did not even make the bench and every single one of our starting 11 with the exception of Winks had no life. Just hope we have a easier go on Sunday versus Fulham and props to Gents as they played well in front of their fans and upset the 2nd top team in the Premier Cream of the Crop League. We did not look premier last night, that is for sure.

The lack of quality depth is clearly having a significant impact. Kane and Waynama both looked gassed but Poch has zero trust in VJ and Wimmer (preventing Dier from moving forward). Davies is barely serviceable and has been exposed badly since Rose's injury. And the 30m man continues to look like a fish out of water on this Spurs team. 3 key missing players it's definitely taking its toll. Plus Poch seems incapable to making some tweaks to get more out of the current squad.

N'Kodou and Son should have started and both should have been replaced with Eriksen and Janssen when we were up comfortably up 2 nil on the 78th minute. Instead, Janssen did not even make the bench and every single one of our starting 11 with the exception of Winks had no life. Just hope we have a easier go on Sunday versus Fulham and props to Gents as they played well in front of their fans and upset the 2nd top team in the Premier Cream of the Crop League. We did not look premier last night, that is for sure.

Definitely neeeded Son in that s11. The only Spur who can genuinely offer pace in the attack.

We are a decent team-when it happens. for me, it just seems to have dipped at the moment. This is just a theory - maybe Poch is struggling to motivate the players, when it matters, games as Chelsea and City the player motivate themselves. Past managers as Clough played the reverse psychology - as did Jose at Chelsea. Alex F motivated with fear and so on. Poch is possibly too close, to familiar to the players. managers need to keep their distance, make players want to be noticed? Its just a thought.

this isn't a one off, we played poorly against Liverpool, think we have only won 4 away games all season, for a side in top four that is poor and I feel must show we have a problem, over the long term I'd say its tactics, over the last 2 games it looks like the players are not up for the game or the fight
I'm still concerned that we crashed under pressure last season our England players froze against Iceland, as a club it doesn't look as if we have got anyone in to sort out why we crashed
Poch is on about no winning mentalitiy in the club, then buy players that have that mental strength, but they are hard to control and Poch want's to control things

I feel like one of those people on the Penrose stairs.

Or a hamster on a wheel.

The definition of insanity is going to THFC over and over and over again and expecting different results.

Will still be at Wembley next week though....idiocy

On the telly last night did they say that 80,000 tickets had been sold for the next leg? 80,000? For a Europa League game?

If so I'm wary of what the atmosphere will be like. The rock bottom prices must have attracted thousands and thousands of tourists who want to see a game at Wembley for £10.

this isn't a one off, we played poorly against Liverpool, think we have only won 4 away games all season, for a side in top four that is poor and I feel must show we have a problem, over the long term I'd say its tactics, over the last 2 games it looks like the players are not up for the game or the fight
I'm still concerned that we crashed under pressure last season our England players froze against Iceland, as a club it doesn't look as if we have got anyone in to sort out why we crashed
Poch is on about no winning mentalitiy in the club, then buy players that have that mental strength, but they are hard to control and Poch want's to control things
Pochettino can talk about winning mentality all he likes, but the sight of him round shoulders skulking up and down the touchline shoe gazing whilst kicking an imaginary stone is hardly inspiring.

Pochettino can talk about winning mentality all he likes, but the sight of him round shoulders skulking up and down the touchline shoe gazing whilst kicking an imaginary stone is hardly inspiring.
I don't know what you want him to do. I hate all that running about fake "passion" that some other managers employ to impress the cameras. He looked exactly like I felt watching that.

Back
Top Bottom