The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great win. I was really worried about this game, but the boys did good!

I'm ignoring their second goal.

Once upon a time we would have missed the Dele chance and drawn or lost. This team is so different to the teams I was brought up on. Long may it continue.

Massive win and a great advert of what we are capable of.

We have to finish at least second now. Second and the FA Cup would be a great season.

Great game, we are fantastic at home. I really enjoy every single minute being played at WHL...

Anyway, everybody deserves a 8/10 for the game. Vertonghen had an unlucky slip, it can happen, he was brilliant today.

That 2-3 by Valencia may be a blessing in disguise. It's frustrating to concede that late after scoring the third, but the team now knows that they have to keep up their concentration throughout the whole 95 minutes.

Onwards and upwards. We would have dropped points here in the past two seasons. Not today. Bring on Millwall, score 5 and send those fuckers home. :coys:

It gives us breathing space.
If City, win both games in hand we go third. Thier next 2 games I can't see them losing. They will win today too. It gets serious for them when they face Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea on the bounce. Our next 6 fixtures are quite favourable on paper, before we face Woolwich, Spam and Man U.
Yet we have a gap over Liverpool and Woolwich.
We will do very well,to finish 3rd this season. If we finish 2nd it will be a massive achievement with our squad especially seeing as we have been missing key players from the start of the season and haven't really had a full strength team in many consecutive matches.
Dembele, Lamela, Kane, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen Rose all out for long periods.
City should finish 2nd really.

It gives us breathing space.
If City, win both games in hand we go third. Thier next 2 games I can't see them losing. They will win today too. It gets serious for them when they face Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea on the bounce. Our next 6 fixtures are quite favourable on paper, before we face Woolwich, Spam and Man U.
Yet we have a gap over Liverpool and Woolwich.
We will do very well,to finish 3rd this season. If we finish 2nd it will be a massive achievement with our squad especially seeing as we have been missing key players from the start of the season and haven't really had a full strength team in many consecutive matches.
Dembele, Lamela, Kane, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen Rose all out for long periods.
City should finish 2nd really.

To be fair. After this week, Man City's next three league games are Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea with a Manchester Derby also to be re-scheduled.

A lot of our rivals still with points to drop.

To be fair. After this week, Man City's next three league games are Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea with a Manchester Derby also to be re-scheduled.

A lot of our rivals still with points to drop.
I think I mentioned City's games, forgot about MAn U though
We have to face just 2 teams in the top 6. Both at home.

You'd expect City to be challenging for 2nd.
Who'd have thought Spurs would be anywhere near the top 4 pre August.

I think it depends on us keeping players fit and injury free.
Kane, Toby and Jan all got whacked about today. They were carrying niggles.

What a great performance, especially first half. How it wasn't 5-0 at half time the Lord only knows! Thought again we were good 2nd half for about 75mins before you could see some fatigue coming in.

Expected more from Everton, Koeman is basically shit scared of us and chose to play like Pulis, what a pussy. Everton fans can officially take the prize for the quietest fans to came to the Lane this season, they were worse than their team, literally not a peep until 80th min when they had their first shot.

Special mentions; Vertonghen was my MOTM, his slip (or was it a push, hard to tell from where I was) aside, he won every header, linked up so well with midfield and Davies, playing out from the back with such confidence too and to see him marauding through the pitch is a thing of beauty, he deserves a goal more than anyone in the side. I thought Davies played his best game in a white shirt, he was fearless today and took the game to the oppo, where he suffers doing this is having the athleticism to get back if a move breaks down, not today he played out of his skin. Again, when we are all on it and play well there is no weak-link in this side.

What a first goal from the #oneseasonwonder

Last edited:
I think I mentioned City's games, forgot about MAn U though
We have to face just 2 teams in the top 6. Both at home.

I think it depends on us keeping players fit and injury free.
Kane, Toby and Jan all got whacked about today. They were carrying niggles.

I'd like to think the further they get in Europe, the more their eyes will gaze towards that, especially if they start to believe Chelsea are un-catchable and go all out for it.

Man City would be favourites for second, it's in their hands but I think they could also finish as low as fourth.

I'd like to think the further they get in Europe, the more their eyes will gaze towards that, especially if they start to believe Chelsea are un-catchable and go all out for it.

Man City would be favourites for second, it's in their hands but I think they could also finish as low as fourth.
Hopefully. We can only win our own games.
Apart from Chelsea I'd say we have been the most consistent in the league of the top 5 teams.
We have had a couple of brain farts, but Liverpool, City and Woolwich have had more.

Finally able to do my "just back from the game" post.

A 6-0 game that ends 3-2.....can only be Spurs. We murdered them, and thought they were as poor as their fans. Not a peep.

Stood in 31 and the noise was really good actually.

Jan was immense, but shame about the slip for Lukaku, at least I think it was him?

Davies was brilliant today, but fuck me he likes to head first time instead of taking simple balls down on his chest.

Kyle is fast as fuck in real time. Ridiculous!

Ref was a fucking absolute cock. I have no idea what he was doing. Really poor.

Was a bit sad leaving as that's my last trip to The Lane now...had to have a good few last looks as I headed for the stairs, but she does look dated now behind the scenes I will admit. Still, a proper ground, a Queen of history...getting all emotional now.

Anyway, great day, fucking love Spurs

Back
Top Bottom