And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game for Chelsea is sandwiched between United at Old Trafford and Everton at Goodison Park - both games they could lose It'd be fucking epic if we ended their FA Cup hopes at the same time.

We were going to have to beat Chelsea anyway, may as well be sooner rather than later.
Kane is more likely to be available for the final than the semi. MC could have a CL match just before the semi and would have been a better option or the lowest placed team left in the competition.

Kane is more likely to be available for the final than the semi. MC could have a CL match just before the semi and would have been a better option or the lowest placed team left in the competition.
Not having Kane is bad news whomever we play. Fair point about City, but I don't think that would factor in regardless, and Pep can rest some players against Southampton if he's concerned about the fixture list.

I don't really ever pay attention to the FA Cup once we're out, but the semi-finals seem unusually strong this time. The four teams left are who could very probably end up comprising the top 4 of the Premier League at the end of the season. When was the last time that happened? Where's a Crystal Palace or Portsmouth for the neutrals to get behind and be thoroughly thumped in a dead rubber final?
FA cups semi finals since the turn of the century
FA Cup 2016/17: Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Woolwich
FA Cup 2015/16: Man United, Everton, Palace, Watford
FA Cup 2014/15: Woolwich, Liverpool, Villa, Reading
FA Cup 2013/14: Woolwich, Hull, Wigan, Sheffield Utd
FA Cup 2012/13: Man City, Chelsea, Wigan, Millwall
FA Cup 2011/12: Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton
FA Cup 2010/11: Man City, Man United, Stoke, Bolton
FA Cup 2009/10: Chelsea, Spurs, Portsmouth, Villa
FA Cup 2008/09: Chelsea, Man United, Woolwich, Everton
FA Cup 2007/08: Portsmouth, WBA, Cardiff, Barnsley
FA Cup 2006/07: Chelsea, Man United, Watford, Blackburn
FA Cup 2005/06: Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham, Middlesbrough
FA Cup 2004/05: Woolwich, Man United, Newcastle, Blackburn
FA Cup 2003/04: Man United, Woolwich, Sunderland, Millwall
FA Cup 2002/03: Woolwich, Southampton, Watford, Sheffield Utd
FA Cup 2001/02: Woolwich, Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Fulham
FA Cup 2000/01: Liverpool, Woolwich, Spurs, Wycombe
FA Cup 1999/00: Chelsea, Newcastle, Villa, Bolton

One of our last 7 FA Cup semi-finals I didn't attend. Take a wild guess.

1991 Woolwich (Wembley) Won 3-1 Gascoigne, Lineker (2)
1993 Woolwich (Wembley) Lost 0-1
1995 Everton (Elland Road) Lost 1-4 Klinsmann (p)
1999 Newcastle United (Old Trafford) Lost 0-2 (aet)
2001 Woolwich (Old Trafford) Lost 1-2 Doherty
2010 Portsmouth (Wembley) Lost 0-2 (aet)
2012 Chelsea (Wembley) Lost 1 - 5 Bale

If it's '91 you know what to do mate. Think of the big picture. I wanna see photo's of you chained to a desk on match day lol

Last edited:
Oh bugger. Really fancy us against Woolwich or city. Chelsea are just one of those teams who seem to know how to get results in cups at wembley.
We are going to have to be at our best.
Hopefully city will beat Woolwich whatever happens.

Oh bugger. Really fancy us against Woolwich or city. Chelsea are just one of those teams who seem to know how to get results in cups at wembley.
Noooooo mate. As much as it goes against the grain, I really want an NLD final. Wipe the floor with them in front of a full house at Wembley. Obviously we have to dispatch the chavs first, but I'm enjoying getting ahead of myself here.

We have two cup finals to play. Win the first, the second will take care of itself.

:coys:

:avbpray: Your not going to this one are you. No offence like.

Noooooo mate. As much as it goes against the grain, I really want an NLD final. Wipe the floor with them in front of a full house at Wembley. Obviously we have to dispatch the chavs first, but I'm enjoying getting ahead of myself here.
Could be wenger's last game in charge too!
But If city knock them out then I can rest easy knowing they will be winning nothing this season. Yay!

Could be wenger's last game in charge too!
But If city knock them out then I can rest easy knowing they will be winning nothing this season. Yay!
Imagine finally putting that horrible old fucker to the sword at Wembley though? It is the only scenario where I would want them to get anywhere near a final...just so that we could pull their pants down in front of a worldwide audience.

It's making me moist daydreaming about it.

I have been saying that the perfect season for me at this point would be finishing above the scum and beating them in the FA Cup Final. Would let Honey Boo Boo's mom shart into my mouth for that to come true.

We have two cup finals to play. Win the first, the second will take care of itself.

:coys:
All we can ask for is a fair ref, no bad luck & the team give it their all.
No more injuries before the match would help too!

We have bournemouth the week before & Woolwich the week after.
& chelsea at wembley in between.

Back
Top Bottom