And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stars are aligning.

- 3rd round: cleansheet against lower league opposition.
- 4th round: score 4 goals against lower league opposition.
- quarter finals: beat a high flying 3rd division team.
- semi finals: we met London rivals wanting a double.

- 3rd round: cleansheet against lower league opposition
- 4th round: score 4 goals against lower league opposition
- quarter final: beat a high flying 3rd division team
- semi final: we meet London rivals on course for the double.

We are gonna do it.
You've either got a fantastic memory or you need to get out more.
I don't mean to the local library either.
Great knowledge though. Cheers.
:dierpochhug:

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but how do loyalty points work if you book tickets as a group?
For example if one person had like 500 points and they group-book tickets with another member who only has 10, do they "drag up" the other member or get "dragged down" with their chances of getting tickets?

"dragged down" so back to the drawing board!

"dragged down" so back to the drawing board!

That's dreadful.... Surely it's simplest and fairest that the LPs are applied against the memberships that the purchases relate to? i.e. 4 tickets > 4 cards > 1 x LP assigned to each card.

Been utterly broke for the last year or so and although I got to CL & EL at Wembley this year, I have no membership or points to speak of.... Fuck all chance of me getting to the semi i guess, but should anyone have a dip in sanity (Or can help in any other way) pls PM me... Match day is my birthday so will pay above the odds if req'd.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but how do loyalty points work if you book tickets as a group?
For example if one person had like 500 points and they group-book tickets with another member who only has 10, do they "drag up" the other member or get "dragged down" with their chances of getting tickets?
I've had this scenario a few times this season with away applications for me and a mate. We apply as a 2 and 99% of the time I get allocated a ticket and he doesn't. So if you apply as a group and some of your apps are over the loyalty point cut off they'll get them and the ones under won't.

QUOTE="gaz, post: 1182544, member: 150"]not true.[/QUOTE]
Terms and Conditions - Membership 2016/2017 - Tottenham Hotspur - tottenhamhotspur.com

9.6 When loyalty points are used to allocate tickets for away fixtures, all Members must each have the required number of loyalty points individually, when applying for tickets in a group. Only the member of the group with sufficient loyalty points will qualify for a ticket. Tickets will NOT be issued based on the average number of points. If the supporter who submitted the application is unsuccessful then tickets will be sent to the registered address of a successful member of that group.
I stand corrected, what I meant to say was that you cannot latch on to someone with say 300 points to get a ticket when you only have 50! so you don't get dragged up or down, but either way you don't get a ticket which I think was the gist of the question.

QUOTE="gaz, post: 1182544, member: 150"]not true.
Terms and Conditions - Membership 2016/2017 - Tottenham Hotspur - tottenhamhotspur.com

9.6 When loyalty points are used to allocate tickets for away fixtures, all Members must each have the required number of loyalty points individually, when applying for tickets in a group. Only the member of the group with sufficient loyalty points will qualify for a ticket. Tickets will NOT be issued based on the average number of points. If the supporter who submitted the application is unsuccessful then tickets will be sent to the registered address of a successful member of that group.
I stand corrected, what I meant to say was that you cannot latch on to someone with say 300 points to get a ticket when you only have 50! so you don't get dragged up or down, but either way you don't get a ticket which I think was the gist of the question.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair to all when the system was first launched loyalty points were averaged out amongst groups that applied together - so people did get pulled up or dragged down. Thankfully they got rid of that nonsense.

I might be old here in my early 30s but I remember before the days before a loyalty point scheme. Postal applications or queues at the ground. I was screwing when I didn't get a ticket for the FA Cup Semi against Woolwich in Manchester (the Judas one) - that was done by postal application - a mate who went to barely any games got a ticket so I called up the ticket office to let rip. Got offered some returns for my trouble. And the initial loyalty point scheme was introduced the following year I think.

Can we secure the record of being the first team to lost 7 consecutive FA Cup semi finals?

I think both us and Chelsea have had 6 consecutive FA Cup semi final losses at one point in our existences. Let's hope we don't go ahead in that respect.

To be fair to all when the system was first launched loyalty points were averaged out amongst groups that applied together - so people did get pulled up or dragged down. Thankfully they got rid of that nonsense.

I might be old here in my early 30s but I remember before the days before a loyalty point scheme. Postal applications or queues at the ground. I was screwing when I didn't get a ticket for the FA Cup Semi against Woolwich in Manchester (the Judas one) - that was done by postal application - a mate who went to barely any games got a ticket so I called up the ticket office to let rip. Got offered some returns for my trouble. And the initial loyalty point scheme was introduced the following year I think.[/QUOTE]

early 30's? old???? wait til you reach the early 50's!!!!
I think the current system is fair, even though I am unlikely to get tickets for the last 2 games at WHL or a semi or final at Wembley I am cool with that though I would be a bit miffed if someone with less points got a ticket just because he had a mate with enough points.
Back in the 80's when we reached a final the club issued vouchers as you entered the ground at the next home game and carried out a ballot, I was never lucky in one of them. Particularly galling in 81 when I never missed a game home or away. Had great fun queueing up all night for replay tickets, though I think people were strolling up at 11am and still getting them!

early 30's? old???? wait til you reach the early 50's!!!!
I think the current system is fair, even though I am unlikely to get tickets for the last 2 games at WHL or a semi or final at Wembley I am cool with that though I would be a bit miffed if someone with less points got a ticket just because he had a mate with enough points.
Back in the 80's when we reached a final the club issued vouchers as you entered the ground at the next home game and carried out a ballot, I was never lucky in one of them. Particularly galling in 81 when I never missed a game home or away. Had great fun queueing up all night for replay tickets, though I think people were strolling up at 11am and still getting them!

Yep I do remember those little vouchers, I collected them for decades but they were for cup finals only and we haven't reached one since 1990/1 so they never came into use. I feel I might have jinxed it by attending every semi final since 1993!! Imagine if they had that system now. Untraceable little paper vouchers that gave you access to cup final tickets. The fraudsters and touts would be all over it!!

I do miss those queues though. I did an evening one for the Everton game in Leeds. You needed slip DD from your book. Some geezer wanted 2 so he literally biced another D onto Slip D - and got away with it. Far more innocent times.

For any kidz too young. This is what you had as a member. Each book had a load of slips in it. You needed one for each home game (along with your match ticket or cash), and one when applying for an away.
s-l225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom