Spurs .Vs Southampton . KO 19/03/17 , 2:15pm .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was hard work

For them or for us? Ive got no nails left..

giphy.gif

No reason for Dembele not to start.

The only reason I think that is because Demebele looked at times a little behind the pace and I think Winks can provide that youthful spark of creativity to break down Burnley.

We need Janssen to bully the Burnley defenders and hold up the ball to allow people like Eriksen and Dele to make darting runs into the box.

The only reason I think that is because Demebele looked at times a little behind the pace and I think Winks can provide that youthful spark of creativity to break down Burnley.

We need Janssen to bully the Burnley defenders and hold up the ball to allow people like Eriksen and Dele to make darting runs into the box.

Winks and Janssen hands down for me, Im with you on that......they could be another Kane and Dele in my opinion.
Son benefits from playing with a striker, not being the striker, so he and Dembele great options off the bench for Burnley.

I think Poch will mix it up for Beurrrnleh.
Not least 'cos it's after the International break, and who knows what state some of them will come back in!

Plus today it was painfully obvious that Son works best with another striker either beside or behind him.
Whether Janssen is more comfortable as the 'lone striker' remains to be seen...

But I think he'll get more than the 5 minutes he got today.... If only 'cos Sonny is gonna be travelling halfway round the World and back in the next fortnight!

Good enough game- not at all a comfortable ending though.
Eriksen and Dele I feel did very well.
Winks and Janssen were great in their limited minutes.
Tripper was good but could have been better with his passing.

Southampton I thought did very well.
We were a bit fortunate that Shane Long did so poorly with his runs- had they been better timed we might have had to face a few more difficult defensive situations.
Romeu I thought was excellent- big, strong, skilled and surprisingly mobile. Given that he is only 25, I'd hope that we consider him if we need to make a CM purchase. I'm sure there would be other good candidates available but he probably could be gotten for a very reasonable fee. Bertrand I thought looked very good too.
Puel is having a very good season with Southampton too and I think they ought to be pleased with how they are playing. He seems like he a good player development guy as well as a disciplined tactician.

Anyways, 10 off chelsea with 10 games to go now. Is it possible that they could slip up a little and allow us to close the gap? We definitely need to show we can score more goals with Kane out, but today was a good start. Who knows what can happen if we keep winning?
Romeu looked really good when we played them at ours. Did well. Run his heart out when they went down to 10 and was completely fucked.
Another young player they fucked off after giving him a few games over 2 seasons before loaning him out.
Bought him from Barca as a kid with a buy back option. Barca could buy back for £10m after a year or £15 after 2 if Chelsea decided they didn't want him.
Chelsea made about a £1m on him.

I think Poch will mix it up for Beurrrnleh.
Not least 'cos it's after the International break, and who knows what state some of them will come back in!

Plus today it was painfully obvious that Son works best with another striker either beside or behind him.
Whether Janssen is more comfortable as the 'lone striker' remains to be seen...

But I think he'll get more than the 5 minutes he got today.... If only 'cos Sonny is gonna be travelling halfway round the World and back in the next fortnight!

My heart sank when we went with Dele and Eriksen up top in some weird 442 for 15 minutes rather than just bring on Vinny......leaves me wondering about Burnley.

My heart sank when we went with Dele and Eriksen up top in some weird 442 for 15 minutes rather than just bring on Vinny......leaves me wondering about Burnley.
Based on what Son did today and Vinny's cameo - I think it's fair to say the latter deserves the nod for this one. Fair is fair

Son is not a striker.
Most people said he would fit in nicely for Kane becuase he scores goals.
Yet forgot that he played alongside Kane when he scored most of his 7 league goals.
We all saw before that he cannot play up top on his own. Him or Njie.
Luckily Eriksen got his finger out of his arsehole today and did what he can do.
We are more than a one man team but Kane is hard to replace even when he's not scoring goals.
He allows players like Son and Dele to get more space.
He also is much more than a goal scorer.

Edit: just seen Sammy has plagiarised me. :)

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
:levystare:

Based on what Son did today and Vinny's cameo - I think it's fair to say the latter deserves the nod for this one. Fair is fair
If we play 343 then Son has to go.
We could play 4231 and play Son Eriksen Dele and Janssen.
Have more of a goal threat.
Burnley play 442 don't they. As far as I have seen they play it rigid and not a diamond so they wouldn't have the extra Man in midfield

But it will be 343

Goodbye White Hart Lane

Had a good look round, very excited for the new stadium plans we do need a freshen up I think as the fans were winding me up as usual

Hugo even turned round and shouted at the Park Lane towards the end, probably couldn't put up with the moaning, unbeaten at home this season surrounded with cunts I shouted at a few too, no positivity

I didn't shit myself at all as they never had a shot when we were behind the ball, they hit us after making a silly mistake or two, never in dobut

Son wasn't enough of a target man I agree let's give Janssen a shot in that position see if he does have it in him

3. wins now out of 3 for the winnable 8 games I called out

COYS will miss the shelf

Excellent first half, with periods of some beautiful football, could/should have scored more.

Had to really dig in for the 2nd half today. Fair play to Southampton for making something of it. Defensively we are fucking great, even though Southampton played well in 2nd half, goal aside I can't remember a shot on target!! Mariner was very poor today, Romeo should have been sent off for at least 6 bookable fouls, Ward-Prose too. Found it odd Southampton got a foul when barely touched, yet because our boys don't go to ground we don't get a foul.

Atmosphere was probably the worst of the season, very flat but thought last 5 mins and injury time we finally got behind the team and carried them over the line.

Hard fought and deserved victory.

FFS will someone just shoot when they see the goal! so frustrating 2nd half

BIG Vin's great to draw the foul in the closing minutes

Back
Top Bottom