The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GKN has shown more than him every time he's had a shot. Not saying he's been great but looks way more deserving than Sissoko.

Yeah, I feel a bit sorry for GKN, doesn't seem to have had much a chance to impress. I sometimes wonder that with Poch it's just as much about attitude as anything else, hence Alli's abrasive edge and determination saw him walk straight into the team. Some players aren't like that.

You don't have to get excited if you don't want. I'm only saying league points aren't meaningless just because you don't finish 1st.
I agree-how can I not.... However,
trust me-Im excited but taking each game as it comes!
For me, we are in a league and although we are doing brilliant and accumulating points better than last season. To win it, we have to get more points than Chelsea. Our form suggest we can do it, points suggest they have to fail.
I will not look back or ahead, Its all about now, next Wednesday.
To have a brilliant season, as this and come away with nothing, would be a shame. I will always see the positives but I would be disappointed so looking at how brilliant we have been is a bit premature for me.

Yeah, watching him yesterday he looks like a player going through the motions, no spark at all. How he's making the bench even is a minor miracle. You'd think he'd be up for playing for a team in 2nd place chasing the title, even if he knew he was off in the summer. Crazy.

i thought he had turned a bit of a corner a few weeks back, and was regaining some form, but, nope, he looked terrible today. it makes me queasy to think of the xfer fee spent on him and sad to think that hope of recouping it might place him ahead of GKN in the rotation. as long as he keeps playing for spurs, i'll keep hoping, but, damn.

That's exactly what I said. I didn't say worst player to pull on a Spurs shirt I said worst signing we've ever made.

Yes, and I'm saying that, to me, the word "signing" doesn't necessarily bring value into it.

If you had said "transfer"....

And has been calamitously bad. His touch is terrible and almost everything he does is wrong. The champions league performance was one of if not the worst performance I've EVER seen in a Spurs shirt.

Newcastle pissed themselves laughing when we signed him and it's painfully clear why.

You felt sorry for him today? He had to filling for a measly 2 minutes at the end of the first half in CM and then slotted into the position he's played every other time he's played for the whole second half. He doesn't even do the very basics right. It's appalling.

I like to back players and be optimistic but he makes me so bloody angry.

I'm aware that he played most of the game in a position he has been playing In all season. My point was that the general consensus is that he is being played out of position and may be happier being played In the middle. It looked like we where gonna have a chance to see him there only for Poch to (rightly so) change the formation at half time.

I don't know how his performance could make you "so bloody angry". He wouldn't have been anywhere near the pitch until we had both our centre two midfielders taken off injured. And even then despite him being garbage we still won an extremely tough away game 2-0.

Plus Chelsea lost.

And the spammers.

And Jose had a melt down.

Cheer up. It could be worse ; )

Spurs win a tough one.
Chelsea lose an "easy" one

And I got to see a legend score on his debut (Schweinstegier is going to boss this league).
I'm somewhere in the pile below:
17522558_10155158779792905_5705307190560451531_n.jpg

The other day someone was trying to tell me we should cash in on Dier. Think today shows that is a huge mistake, he's got starter quality in defense and midfield, and now we need him more than ever.

On Sissoko I don't give a flying fcuk what people think of him broken or not.

He is paid handsomely for his services and can help us but to do that he needs the fans' support.

If he moves on in the summer so be it but for now and when he puts that fcuking shirt of ours on he is one of ours.

Lest people forget that. Now get on with supporting him as opposed to castigating the bloke.

On Sissoko I don't give a flying fcuk what people think of him broken or not.

He is paid handsomely for his services and can help us but to do that he needs the fans' support.

If he moves on in the summer so be it but for now and when he puts that fcuking shirt of ours on he is one of ours.

Lest people forget that. Now get on with supporting him as opposed to castigating the bloke.

The only place he's getting slated is on the forum, there haven't been any vocals against him at games.

Why the fuck are we talking about Sissoko? Why?

Fuck me, to actively seek out negativity whilst everything around you has NEVER been better in 20 fucking years is one of the oddest things to hear.

This is a thread of a match he featured in. People can comment if they like no? I'm not negative, but if I want to say his performance reminded me of Bambi on ice, I will.

Actually his performance reminded me of a young Cruyff, and that's support right there.

This is a thread of a match he featured in. People can comment if they like no? I'm not negative, but if I want to say his performance reminded me of Bambi on ice, I will.

Actually his performance reminded me of a young Cruyff, and that's support right there.

A young Jordi Cruyff!! #onefortheteenagers

God we were shit when he was knocking around!

Why the fuck are we talking about Sissoko? Why?

Fuck me, to actively seek out negativity whilst everything around you has NEVER been better in 20 fucking years is one of the oddest things to hear.
I understand what you're saying, and I even agree with the sentiment, but we're emotional beings and I can't help that there's a part of me that wants to throw my hands up and walk away to take a shit every time that Sissoko is on the ball.

Davies (although improved slightly 2nd half) and Tripier were totally and utter shit yesterday. Our first half difficulties was due mainly to their performance (lack of), yet not a word. No, lets round on a singular player to hate on, because thats what we do at Spurs. Must have a player to hate on irrespective of the result and other performances on the pitch. Odd that our performance was so much better in the 2nd half to the first half with Sissoko playing, and no I'm not suggesting for a second he had a good game.

I understand what you're saying, and I even agree with the sentiment, but we're emotional beings and I can't help that there's a part of me that wants to throw my hands up and walk away to take a shit every time that Sissoko is on the ball.
Yet he still played better than Tripier, no a mention of his shocker where he gave away the ball every time he touched it, where he was beaten in the air every time the ball was crossed, couldn't pass 2yrds, and over ran the ball 5 times.

Davies (although improved slightly 2nd half) and Tripier were totally and utter shit yesterday. Our first half difficulties was due mainly to their performance (lack of), yet not a word. No, lets round on a singular player to hate on, because thats what we do at Spurs. Must have a player to hate on irrespective of the result and other performances on the pitch. Odd that our performance was so much better in the 2nd half to the first half with Sissoko playing, and no I'm not suggesting for a second he had a good game.
I saw plenty of people criticizing Davies.

I don't need anyone to hate on, but he doesn't even look like a footballer to me. Davies and Trippier were poor l grant you, but the improvement in the 2nd half was mainly down to Dier moving into midfield with Dembele imo.

Like most of us I'm absolutely buzzing about Spurs at the moment, but the Sissoko situation (if I can call it that) is strange, and worthy of comment. Anyway, you've snookered yourself with the "totally and utterly shit" comment you negative bastard. :allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom