Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant today - can't add anything to what's already been said, but l noticed the crowd was very supportive of Sissoko when he came on. Warm applause for doing the basics. Good to see whatever we say on here.

Last edited:
Yet another fantastic display from a truly magnificent team.. 4 of the best goals in one game you'll ever see.
Trippier was superb today, as he was against them at WHL, his crossing is 2nd to none.
It really is a pleasure watching this group of players..An absolute pleasure.

I wouldn't say this without meaning it but I can honestly say this is the best Spurs side i've seen in my lifetime.

another good team performance, well done to the lads
just not sure about Poches sub's again,
4-0 up why bring Kane on, give him another weeks training
I would have give Onomah on for 30 mins, resting dele, letting Janseen & son try to get some goals
would have liked to have given Wimmer 20 mins, but that boat has sailed think he will be off in the summer as he doesn't get any game time

It looked like it was always the plan to give Kane 30 minutes. He needs match time to get up to speed.

For me it's not just how they play but the togetherness, if that's a word. The silly goal celebrations, the fact that they stick up for each other - it all points to a group of players who enjoy wearing the shirt.

I thought Janssen was okay today. His work allowed Son to flourish. However, my immediate thought after the game was how good Kane is. Man of the match has to be Trippier though. Crossing, tackling, heading and passing all 10/10.

Hard to gauge Trippier's defensive performance due to there was nearly no need for it.
His crosses are magical, but I still think Walker is the better overall RB. I'd like to see him get a run at midfield, with Walker behind him. That would be formidable.

He said something about there being lots to do to improve still. I think that's the great thing about the future of our club because we are a very very good side now but there are still areas where we can become even better. I think a lot of fans from other clubs think we are overachieving (which you can argue we are given our resources) and that we will fall away in future seasons. I don't think we will at all, we still have a lot of growth yet. I think we won't peak for a season or two yet. We're just going to keep getting better for the time being and Poch knows what he wants to do. I love the guy.

He said something about there being lots to do to improve still. I think that's the great thing about the future of our club because we are a very very good side now but there are still areas where we can become even better. I think a lot of fans from other clubs think we are overachieving (which you can argue we are given our resources) and that we will fall away in future seasons. I don't think we will at all, we still have a lot of growth yet. I think we won't peak for a season or two yet. We're just going to keep getting better for the time being and Poch knows what he wants to do. I love the guy.
We're seven points better off than we were this time last season, though in the same place in the table.

Improve another seven points next season, and I don't think we'd have to worry about that...
:pochohshit:

We need to win all our remaining matches and hope Chelsea:

Loses to United (A)
Draws with West Brom (A), Southampton (H), Everton (A)

We would win the League by 2 points, so technically they can beat Saints and we'd finish above them on GD.

Any draw or loss from us and it's over because all Chelsea's other matches are walkovers.

If they beat United, it's also pretty much done and dusted since I am not sure they could lose to any other team.

Back
Top Bottom