Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fucking fuck are these cunts thinking? I hate our fans. The game today was played out in virtual silence - this idiot and the brothers boring are doing their best to ruin us. Can you imagine a 17,000 single tier stand populated by these wombats? It's going to be funny, but not ha ha.

We're too old Joe Clash Joe Clash these younger generation of fans are all social media, fame hungry savvy slags who feel the need to create their own fame out of supporting Spurs. I fear it's here to stay. :deledoubt::dembele::carrollwtf::kanehand:

Taking a peek on Chelsea forums, their focus seems to be on us rather than themselves, which surprised me. The talk is, rather hopefully, that we will falter, that we'll drop points to the likes of shitty little Woolwich at WHL or in our next game to Crystal Palace as we can't possible be better than Chelsea and they fucked up against them.

I thought the mood would be all about how it doesn't matter how good we are because they will win their games. That's what it was like last year with Leicester...Fucking Leicester showing Chelsea what title winning mentality really is, what the actual fuck, these pussy Chelsea fans are either already saying they've thrown the title away with their loss at Palace or hoping to fuck that we slip up in similar fashion so they can scrape it. Pathetic. In their minds they've already lost tomorrow's game.

The atmosphere has been noticeably worse this season. There has been a dramatic difference. Maybe it is the ballot system. Today was god awful as was Watford. Fortunately the Bournemouth fans were pretty poor as well so we were not shown up (I am aware 4-0 makes it difficult for them). People blame the family stand and the west stand all the time but the Park Lane does fuck all most of the time. I actually think having more seats available will improve things.
Right now I think we have one of the worst home atmospheres in the league. I love going to WHL but I have been embarrassed recently. I look at the away fans and wonder what on earth they must think. We are flying in the league, playing the best football in my lifetime yet the stadium is dead silent and when we do chant it is unoriginal dross.

The ticket office needs investigating - it's been corrupt for many years. Also every new fan we've attracted is a whiny self-publicist. I've given up at home - I'd rather watch in the pub with like minded fans. WHL is poisonous.

The atmosphere has been noticeably worse this season. There has been a dramatic difference. Maybe it is the ballot system. Today was god awful as was Watford. Fortunately the Bournemouth fans were pretty poor as well so we were not shown up (I am aware 4-0 makes it difficult for them). People blame the family stand and the west stand all the time but the Park Lane does fuck all most of the time. I actually think having more seats available will improve things.
Right now I think we have one of the worst home atmospheres in the league. I love going to WHL but I have been embarrassed recently. I look at the away fans and wonder what on earth they must think. We are flying in the league, playing the best football in my lifetime yet the stadium is dead silent and when we do chant it is unoriginal dross.

The early kick offs against rubbish teams aren't conducive to making a great atmosphere. I expect WHL to be rocking for the final two home games though.

But looking forward to Wembley and the new stadium, maybe it would be a good idea to go down the route Palace have and create some kind of Ultra movement, while retaining the spontaneity of typical English crowds, which Palace have done well. I don't think you can just leave it to chance and hope hope the single tier stand will do the business alone, there needs to be some kind of organisation behind it.

What the fucking fuck are these cunts thinking? I hate our fans. The game today was played out in virtual silence - this idiot and the brothers boring are doing their best to ruin us. Can you imagine a 17,000 single tier stand populated by these wombats? It's going to be funny, but not ha ha.
What strikes me is that it's just a load of regurgitated shite that was already mentioned before, during & after the match. Dredging up what the pundits & commentators said- like she knew that it was Dembele's first ever premier league goal with his right foot? Yeah right.

It's absolute tripe, & that's being generous.
:angryscouser:

need younger and more working class people to go to games, which is common among other smaller clubs.WHL's current demographic compromises mostly of prawn sandwich eaters and older fans with first dibs on season tickets.
Got to make it affordable for younger & working class fans.
Given the limitations of the current WHL, tickets are at a premium & are selling at top whack even before they go out to stubhub etc.

Hopefully the new stadium will provide more opportunities for younger fans & the less well off.

What strikes me is that it's just a load of regurgitated shite that was already mentioned before, during & after the match. Dredging up what the pundits & commentators said- like she knew that it was Dembele's first ever premier league goal with his right foot? Yeah right.

It's absolute tripe, & that's being generous.
:angryscouser:

Have we really fallen to the level of criticizing some girls vidblog? jesus..

C9dvcPiWAAMzXwi.jpg

They are so genuinely happy to play with each other and I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!

Have we really fallen to the level of criticizing some girls vidblog? jesus..
To be fair, it was shite and cringeworthy.
Let's face it, if she stood in a pub and said that crap in that manner - how many people would stick around to listen? I'm guessing that the only people who would, would be the guys who want to try and shag her. Stupid narcissistic claptrap.

Blimey -never seen that video of JW on bus before. If I had would have cheered even louder when he went and just dumped himself down by dugout whilst still remaining on pitch. Total d**khead and deserved all he got (and more) y'day. Was my last time at WHL unless a man utd ticket miraculously appears so great finale for me. Used to have a season ticket but had to give it up as could no longer afford it. By amazing coincidence y'day I was allocated that exact same seat I had sat in for 20 odd years and saw lots of old acquaintences. Brilliant, brilliant day. Thank you THFC.

Given the limitations of the current WHL, tickets are at a premium & are selling at top whack even before they go out to stubhub etc.

Hopefully the new stadium will provide more opportunities for younger fans & the less well off.

Yeah I really hope we do something to make tickets more affordable to the younger fans and people who are less well off, isn't right that fans should be priced out of going to see us live because of personal circumstances.....
Really hope this is something the new stadium helps to address.

Hopefully basic rules of supply and demand will see prices drop, one good thing is that season tickets will not be the cash cow they are for so many people at present. Though in striving for a full house every game if the club issue 45000 season tickets that would leave about 5000 tickets for general sale which see the usual scramble for cat A games.

Onto the game after close on 40 years I enjoyed my last visit to the old place immensely, all I hoped for was 3 points but got so much more Wilshire was just the icing on the cake. I did linger a few minutes at the final whistle but the only hint of disappointment or sadness I felt was the realisation that I will probably not get to see the team live until August. By some distance this is the best team we've had in my time supporting spurs.

Yesterday was my first (and most likely last) game at the Lane this season, only just got back from 3 years living abroad so I did a few European aways and the Leverkusen Wembley one. Have to say, I didn't think the atmosphere was horrendous yesterday, I mean obviously it's not what it was 7/8 years ago but I was in the Shelf and the Shelf/Park Lane corner had spurts of singing.

The ticketing system this year is mad, and not helped by all these Social Media posts from Tottenham with "Steve from Kansas" who is in the away end against Chelsea etc. etc. for his "first ever Tottenham game". Yesterday morning I got up to WHL early to try to find a ticket, and all I saw was Americans and Koreans strolling about, and considering not a single game has gone to General Sale this season there's clearly something not working. There were idiots selling tickets for yesterday for £150!?!?! God bless the gent on Twitter who sold me his ticket at face value £40!

Back
Top Bottom