Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Impressive albeit brief set of results. He's clearly a good motivator and can set up teams to get decent results. Be nice to see him on Sunday. His time with us was a lot of fun.

It's funny, he was still in the early stages of talking about Birmingham as 'THEM' phase... he hadn't even been there long enough to start talking about the club he was managing as "us!" I assume that'll changed now he's kept them up?
He always does it... he did it when he came to Spurs; "They've only got 2 points from 8 games" etc...
But it was certainly "us, we and I" when we were in the CL
Nothing really against the fella, but is it a deliberate psycological trick of his... to assume a certain distance until such time he does summit worth taking the praise for...?

Went to the live spurs show last night with 'arry.

Enjoyed hearing him talk about us now and in the distant past, but his recollections of his time as manager were basically all lies.

Went to the live spurs show last night with 'arry.

Enjoyed hearing him talk about us now and in the distant past, but his recollections of his time as manager were basically all lies.

I haven't listened to that podcast in ages as it just reminds me of old Paxtonites who are henpecked at home and just moan all the way through a game, could not bear it

Are they still looking for misery these days or do they love Poch as much as we do in fighting cock world?

I haven't listened to that podcast in ages as it just reminds me of old Paxtonites who are henpecked at home and just moan all the way through a game, could not bear it

Are they still looking for misery these days or do they love Poch as much as we do in fighting cock world?

They love Poch.

It's changed a fair bit from the old days, Phil Cornwell isn't involved at all - the host is normally Theo Delaney now, he's much more enthusiastic and positive.

Care to elaborate?

Said he had no inkling he was being lined up to replace Ramos - despite admitting he'd been offered the job to replace Jol.
Said he didn't ever want the England job.
Said Adebayor was on £225k pw.
Said he wasn't ever looking to sell / loan Bale out.
Got various times / seasons mixed up.
Was very bitter about Villas Boas.

It was pretty annoying that they even asked him all this stuff, as his enthusiasm when talking about the team's of the 60's and 80's and the current team was really engaging.

:harrysmile:Nah, didn't want the England job, I told Daniel that. 100%. Absolutely.

:harryhmm: I said otherwise in my column and my books? Dunno nuffin about that

harry is piss poor
jacob, jacob my brother is that you?
I have searched high and low for you and here you are!
Masquerading as a troll on TFC
Who would have thought
That you after your expensive education at our parents expense
Would end up here :myword:

I can't bring myself to listen to it anymore. Found Mike Leigh pretty negative and that they are basically the media equivalent of proper football men who wished to see their beloved 'Arry back managing the club.

Redknapp took us out of the funk Ramos had caused and took us to the next level of pushing the top 4. However Poch is the one that has truly transformed us and made us all proud to be fans of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur!

What are the chances that one or both are playing in blue next season?

18423768_10154654317723505_6824711378502367171_n.jpg

I feel a bit ungrateful criticising Redknapp because he was manager during the other good Spurs period that I can remember (oh, and Martin Jol - that was the first time I actually believed we could become a top 4 team), but I always have this overwhelming feeling it was less about him being a great manager and more about him lucking out and getting the biggest appointment of his career at a team that had consistently underachieved for decades, but were making slow and steady progress at improving. Although it seems like a job where it's hard to fuck up, lots of managers had tried and failed and him managing to steady the ship for a bit showed how good we had the potential to be.

My opinion of him has softened in the years since he left, but I was glad to see the back of him at the time.

Back
Top Bottom