The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. This small club from Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK... that doesn't seem so bad now actually.
2843712.main_image.jpg
(This is from the end of last season, obviously... hence the background flag!)
Seems that, as it stands, we'd have 'only' won about 8 of the previous League titles... Including 2002/03 on GD, thanks to Man Utd's measly +40 GD!

...but even if we win on Sunday, then the total of 86 points would've put us level with Man City (2013/14) and Chelsea (2009/10) but even the +54 GD wouldn't have quite been enough! (they had summit like +65 & +71)

Last edited:
I heard that chant during the game about champions of England, should of said back ''you don't know what you saying, you don't know what your saying''.

Very odd, can't have looked at our records whatsoever.

Not the brightest are they? I've always associated West Ham as being thick but this lot give them a hell of a run for their money..

OK... that doesn't seem so bad now actually.
2843712.main_image.jpg
(This is from the end of last season, obviously... hence the background flag!)
Don't forget - that was their points total when they clinched the title, not their final tally (which was 81 I think?)

Also worth noting that Chelsea's eventual points total this year will push them further down that table.

Poch has said that we were in for Mane. We would have won the league without a shadow of a doubt if we got him imo.
I know we were in for Mane, but comparing Mane and Sissoko was a mistake by Carragher. Poch went for Wynaldum who is a similar type player to Sissoko and didn't get him so went for Sissoko instead. Mane may have made a difference to us, but I think a Lampard or Scholes or Gerrard type who can score regularly from distance against a blanket defence was what we really needed

Out of interest... just how may PL seasons would 83 pts and a +54 GD have won the league...?
I know it would have last season...
I'm sure it'll be on here somewhere...
Premier League records and statistics - Wikipedia

...I see that 89 was the most points achieved without winning the league (Man Utd in 2011/12)
...so at least we won't have that particular unwanted record!

... gonna trawl me through some more stats.
:kanehand:

Eight I read elsewhere

they have a post match thread worth a read.
Spurs Home Post Match 1-6 (SIX !!!)

My favorite comment:
Wow. That was awful and as much as it pains me, Spurs were brutally good.
Bet they'd still trade though
default_smile.png

Nope, wouldn't trade being a club with soul like Spurs in exchange for a one-off title at a club no one in their right mind could ever love, like Leicester, who just got lucky one season and have many mediocre and shit seasons to look forward to. It is only a matter of time till Spurs win the title, I am happy to wait and do it in style the right way.

Last edited:
Posted 9 minutes ago

Can just imagine the Spuds shitty little limp cocks forum all jizzing over each other that they beat the champions of England 1-6 the bottling little Cnuts !!
I was reading FT for kicks a bit ago. That fuck is clearly the dumbest fuck among them. Every one of his posts are barely legible. Either he's borderline illiterate or an absolute drunk.

That is why
Poch was right to play a strong side.
Proved we will not finish the season poorly again.
Improved our goal difference, points total, chances of Kane Golden Boot.
Main bonus is an outstanding performance.
Onwards and upwards send the fans into the summer happy by finishing with a win.
Really happy after that result and performance

Poch has said that we were in for Mane. We would have won the league without a shadow of a doubt if we got him imo.

Bollocks. Kane, Dele and Son have all scored more league goals. They have all assisted more - except Son who's equal with him. Eriksen have assisted way more and is much more important to the team than Mané would've been. He would have been an option from the bench - and if a starter, the numbers do not support your claim.
Add to that, these players know eachother so well now - we don't know if Mané would fit in.
So, bollocks.

I think we might have upset someone
Posted 9 minutes ago

Can just imagine the Spuds shitty little limp cocks forum all jizzing over each other that they beat the champions of England 1-6 the bottling little Cnuts !!
I didn't wanna dwell too long over there, but they have - occasionally been complimentary;
Harry f**king Kane is decent...
and
Dembele and Wanyama are disgustingly good..Dembele has to be the strongest player on the ball...he is a bull in the middle of the park.
We all agree Harry Kane is world class now right? What a player
^^ However the response to that post made me howl ^^
He's still a twat. Score as many as he likes, that won't make up for his crap attitude.
Unbelievable statement! It is simply wrong on so many levels! he has probably one of the best attitudes of any player English or foreign in the Premier League right now... if not Europe!

...in between all the in-fighting that a 1-6 home defeat inevitably brings with it, other than that, it sounds like they've lost whatever slim faith they had in Shakespeare... and it would seem Mahrez is the one who divides most opinion for the 'Fairytale Clappers' fans... he's fast becoming their Sonny/Eriksen of a few years back on here!

...ha... Sonny/Eriksen... just realised what I did!:sonpoint:
:sonlol:
:eriksenlol:
There's a t-shirt in there somewhere... assuming they aren't part of the WHOLESALE OFFLOADING MEGA-MONEY CLEAROUT that SKY have planned for us this Summer!

Last edited:
It's ok now. Foxes (most of them at least) have officially left the Anger stage and are now dealing with Acceptance. Whole last page is how amazing Kane is.

That is why
Poch was right to play a strong side.
Proved we will not finish the season poorly again.
Improved our goal difference, points total, chances of Kane Golden Boot.
Main bonus is an outstanding performance.
Onwards and upwards send the fans into the summer happy by finishing with a win.
Really happy after that result and performance
Agreed. One more win and then some purchases in the summer and sorted.
Hull beware.

Back
Top Bottom