To Hull and back. Hull versus the Spurs sunday 21.05.2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs FINISH HIM!!!

z17687657O,Johnny-Cage.jpg

We jumped on a bus four of us the driver says 80 pence. So I pull out a fiver to pay for all four of us

"no mate 80 p in total 20 pence each."

Last time I spent 20 pence on a bus fare Perryman was still captain.

Last edited:
Two of my mates were in the Hull end, they got outed by some of theirs, the stewards let them come and join us in our end! Was pleasantly surprised by this. There were a few empty seats so it made perfect sense, but who would expect common sense from a football club?

Nothing against our northern yids, but I can imagine if we were relegated and lost 1-7 at home to Man Utd and the United fans started waving a flag which said "Cockney Reds" or "North London reds" in my face, I wouldn't be too happy either.

Been curious... What were these flags?

Tottenham Tigers, Hull Yids or something similar?

Been curious... What were these flags?

Tottenham Tigers, Hull Yids or something similar?
Hull Spurs...not something supporting both clubs but just Spurs fans from Hull. Towards the end of the game they held it up facing the Hull fans and seemed to be singing something...I couldn't hear it as I was the other side of our end but Hull fans looked very pissed off.

Hull Spurs...not something supporting both clubs but just Spurs fans from Hull. Towards the end of the game they held it up facing the Hull fans and seemed to be singing something...I couldn't hear it as I was the other side of our end but Hull fans looked very pissed off.

I get ya.... Thought it was somehow related to Dawson and Co.... Which itself woulda been a bit dubious in terms of etiquette too.

Happened right in front of me. I thought the Hull fans were superb, gave Harry a standing ovation.
Very disrespectful to do that. Morons. Few of ours told 'em too.

Happened right in front of me. I thought the Hull fans were superb, gave Harry a standing ovation.
Very disrespectful to do that. Morons. Few of ours told 'em too.
I agree I thought the Hull fans were class made plenty of noise (not as much as us) for a team that were already relegated and getting hammered. The standing ovation showed a touch of class from them and most of theirs stayed until the end despite the scoreline. Plus the ones we met in the pubs and curry house were friendly and very complimentary about Spurs

I agree I thought the Hull fans were class made plenty of noise (not as much as us) for a team that were already relegated and getting hammered. The standing ovation showed a touch of class from them and most of theirs stayed until the end despite the scoreline. Plus the ones we met in the pubs and curry house were friendly and very complimentary about Spurs
And the hen party girls were friendly as well .
A decent place, hull.
A thoroughly enjoyable trip.

Two of my mates were in the Hull end, they got outed by some of theirs, the stewards let them come and join us in our end! Was pleasantly surprised by this. There were a few empty seats so it made perfect sense, but who would expect common sense from a football club?
I was in the Hull end right next to the Spurs fans. Probably 20-30% Spurs in there, quite a few celebrated the goals 'properly' and got taken away by stewards - no idea if they were let into the Spurs end or chucked out. But on the final whistle, we and a lot of Spurs went down to the barrier at the front between the home and away ends and got the Spurs travelling steward to open it up for us and let us through to enjoy ourselves with the Spurs for a bit, which was very welcome after having to keep our mouths shut for 90 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom