Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New Toby smilie?

d2_cook730x800.jpg

On Alderweireld and Vertonghen, I would give them 4 year contracts at 100k per week each (mad money though it is) not including bonuses and that would possibly be job done. The same to Rose probably and if Walker committed, the same again. That unit of 4 is that good. The only issue is whether it would stifle the development of younger players in their positions with bright prospects?

In my humble opinion however getting those 4 signed up would be financially better than any sale or chase.

I hear none actively talking of leaving and they all know the only money that will prise them away are going to be world record bids for players in their position.

We are maybe 2 seasons away maximum from telling all clubs bar the big 2 in world football to royally fcuk off.

Last edited:
A real top quality defender who makes those around him better. And he genuinely seems to care.
There are not many around and would be well worth the money to get him tied down to a new contract. I look forward to seeing Poch's arm around his shoulder when he signs on for longer.

A real top quality defender who makes those around him better. And he genuinely seems to care.
There are not many around and would be well worth the money to get him tied down to a new contract. I look forward to seeing Poch's arm around his shoulder when he signs on for longer.

He's one player (after Kane perhaps) that I would label indispensable. If neither of them got injured last season, I think we would have been celebrating something big now.

Back
Top Bottom