Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahhahahahahahaha

You really are Piers Morgan, aren't you

I'm not sure what is laughable about saying a man who has won more trophies than almost anyone, been in the UEFA team of the year four times, the FIFA world XI six times and is considered to run games from right back is better than Kyle Walker, at least for the next season or two.

Walker is terrific but Alves is up there with the all time best right backs.

I'm not sure what is laughable about saying a man who has won more trophies than almost anyone, been in the UEFA team of the year four times, the FIFA world XI six times and is considered to run games from right back is better than Kyle Walker, at least for the next season or two.

I rember when we played seville in the UEFA cup at the lane. Alvares was their stand out player as well as being a massive cheat. I think seville won 1 3.

If he's going to go (and I really hope he doesn't), better Munich than City.

EXCLUSIVE: Bayern Munich ready to beat Man City to Kyle Walker deal
funny that, aint it. since april its been "walker going, he's off, done deal, after the post season tours, after the post season internationals, he's already a city player"
then when it seems city might actually be interested in someone else, they insert a different club name. I dont think the press enjoys the fact we dont tow the line with inflated wages and massively overpriced signings (Sissoko apart) Its fucking transparent

Alves WAS better - but certainly not at the moment. How is this even an argument?

Stop trolling m8!

Question is will Alves be able to do it on a wet Tuesday in Stoke? The pace of the game in Serie A is different to Premier League will his body be able to cope? Remember he's not played week in, week out in a league as competitive as ours.

Stop trolling m8!
Honestly can't tell if you're being ironic...

If Walker left I'd be delighted to have Alves. If Walker doesn't leave I'm delighted to have Walker.

If you don't recognise how good Alves still is then take a look at the Champions League semi-final vs Monaco.

It's certainly up for discussion how much longer he has left and even a valid discussion who is better right now between him and Kyle but Alves is still fantastic.

Just cos someone is our player doesn't mean we have to say they're better than every other player in their position.

Honestly can't tell if you're being ironic...

If Walker left I'd be delighted to have Alves. If Walker doesn't leave I'm delighted to have Walker.

If you don't recognise how good Alves still is then take a look at the Champions League semi-final vs Monaco.

It's certainly up for discussion how much longer he has left and even a valid discussion who is better right now between him and Kyle but Alves is still fantastic.

Just cos someone is our player doesn't mean we have to say they're better than every other player in their position.

Is there a guarantee Alves will be at his best or that he has to adapt to a new playing environment? Walker staying is our best option as he's played in our system and understands his team mates. Plus at 27 is 5 years younger than Alves. I would also expect Alves to command large wages.

Question is will Alves be able to do it on a wet Tuesday in Stoke? The pace of the game in Serie A is different to Premier League will his body be able to cope? Remember he's not played week in, week out in a league as competitive as ours.

The dreaded Tuesday night at Stoke thing?? I thought that had been consigned to tragic cliche.

Some non-English players who 'did it' at Stoke this season (ie scored):
Son (x2) Willian, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud, Coutinho, Firmino, Ulloa, Amartey, Ake, Rondon, Aguero (x2), Nolito (x2)

Granted those may not have been on a Tuesday, but I reckon the Tuesday factor wouldn't be an issue for a guy whose been assisting and scoring on Tuesdays against Europe's best.

Is there a guarantee Alves will be at his best or that he has to adapt to a new playing environment? Walker staying is our best option as he's played in our system and understands his team mates. Plus at 27 is 5 years younger than Alves. I would also expect Alves to command large wages.

Alves is actually just over 7 years older than Kyle.

Alves DOB - 6th May 83
Walker DOB - 28 May 90

The dreaded Tuesday night at Stoke thing?? I thought that had been consigned to tragic cliche.

Some non-English players who 'did it' at Stoke this season (ie scored):
Son (x2) Willian, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud, Coutinho, Firmino, Ulloa, Amartey, Ake, Rondon, Aguero (x2), Nolito (x2)

Granted those may not have been on a Tuesday, but I reckon the Tuesday factor wouldn't be an issue for a guy whose been assisting and scoring on Tuesdays against Europe's best.

Alves has no experience of the Premier League and you think he'll the ground running? It's a risk. Plenty of other great players haven't, also his age will be a factor.

Redknapp signed Walker.

Signed during his tenure maybe... Seem to remember him playing Charlie & Hutton most of the time...

We signed Naughton approx the same time too... Not a scenario that has Arry's prints on it at all.

Last edited:
I think Pep is in danger of turning into Harry Redknapp if he keeps gravitating towards signing aging players who were good at Barca. They'll just end up in the same trap that Fergie left with that sort of carry on.

Alves is a good player to have for a season, whilst an understudy beds in/rotates, but I don't think City even have a young player in the position?

I think Pep is in danger of turning into Harry Redknapp if he keeps gravitating towards signing aging players who were good at Barca. They'll just end up in the same trap that Fergie left with that sort of carry on.

Alves is a good player to have for a season, whilst an understudy beds in/rotates, but I don't think City even have a young player in the position?

Ssssh let them sign these aging stars.

The point being? Walker under Redknapp was good, however the AVB/Dim years he was brain fart prone. It wasn't until Poch that he really improved as one of, if not the best attacking right full/wing back in the league.
Historically poch doesn't sign old players. Why? Because he likes to nuture them and stamp out any attitude issues. His training and tactics require peak cardio health which is another reason why younger players are better. Do you think Dani Alves is going to walk on hot coals?

Back
Top Bottom