Tottenham Hotspur are unique to you because.....?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In '03, had an Irish fella who supports United living across the street. Watched a few games with him and Euro '04 came about, fell in love with the game (being an American we played baseball and "football"). Talked with said Irishman, and he told me this "Don't pick a team, watch the EPL for 1 year and then pick the team you most like in how they play." After 1 year, Spurs. I never looked back after that because I love the way we play, in fact in a rare instance a non-supporter of Spurs said to me, "proper club". That is what makes Spurs unique to me, being a supporter for a short time because I love the football we play.
You picked Spurs after a season that ended with Bolton and Middlesbrough beating us to the European places eh... you really must have been seeing something remarkable in the way we were playing!
QrHFWoc.png

Hoddle, Ardiles, villa, Archibald, crooks, Roberts, perryman.

They were my original heroes. From the first time I went to the Lane and sat on wooden seats in the Paxton I was somewhere I will always remember as home.

Even if they do fuck with my emotions on a regular basis I couldn't imagine being anything but Tottenham.

Hoddle, Ardiles, villa, Archibald, crooks, Roberts, perryman.

They were my original heroes. From the first time I went to the Lane and sat on wooden seats in the Paxton I was somewhere I will always remember as home.

Even if they do fuck with my emotions on a regular basis I couldn't imagine being anything but Tottenham.

I live in North London. There's only one choice.

I had to be taught never to take sweets from a stranger.
Yet There was also something instinctive built into the DNA that told me Woolwich were bad, avoid at all costs, long before I even understood.

My family lived in the UK for a moment before coming to the US. They're Georgian Jews and bonded with the community, I guess. So Tottenham fandom has been passed down the line. Although my brother supports ManU and for that reason alone he is an embarrassment to my family.

As much of a legend the man is, I don't like that quote.
I'd be much happier to win the FA Cup, than to not win the CL
Fair comment , but considering we haven't even won one of those under the current ownership, or even reached a final, maybe by aiming a little higher we could reap the lesser rewards you crave.
I'd say Nicholson/Blanchflower knew their stuff.

Bill Nicholson used 79 players in 16 years

A message in there somewhere for anyone trying to aligne their stance on transfers with his quotes......

:soldadowatch:

Last edited:
Fair comment , but considering we haven't even won one of those under the current ownership, or even reached a final, maybe by aiming a little higher we could reap the lesser rewards you crave.
I'd say Nicholson/Blanchflower knew their stuff.

Yes they did, but winning the FA Cup is glory, and coming 2nd is not.
So the quote is flawed.....if you use that quote, you should be be content with last season. We sacrificed the cups to try and win the PL.
We failed aiming high, so why is it not good enough....why don't you see the echoes of glory in it? You just see failure and no trophies.

Well you've been supporting Tottenham since before I was born, so I'm really not worthy mate. May I ask you where you were when we were shit? Because I can't remember the ground being packed full of Americans in the mid 80's. I remember bowling up and paying on the gate. Where did you figure in this football utopia?
I am an x pat had a season ticket in 1985, when I moved here to the States.

I got into watching the EPL in college and the university I went had the same mascot so I felt it was meant to be. Also Bale was fun to watch.

I use to bartend at bar that hosted an Arensal support group in NC. They were all asshole and never tipped the bar staff. I asked a guy who was their biggest rival and the next week I showed up in full Spurs kit. Been hooked ever since .

Born in Plaistow, lived a stones throw from spammers ground. Mum's side of family Spurs supporters, dad's side were spammers. They divorced when I was about 4 years old, so I was brought up with Spurs side of family (thank god). That was back in the sixties, just about remember the double side. Went to my first home game in 1967, week before the cup final with the chavs. Been going ever since.

No real choice in it.Born in north London into a Tottenham family.They chose me,not me them.
What is unique,despite many people(well West ham anyway)accusing us of being glory hunters,we really can't be.Yeah,we have had a lot more success than many clubs, but compared with others?!
Its in ya blood.I would watch them play home games on a on a cow field should it come to it.
Though even i draw the line at an Athletics track in stratford....

Back
Top Bottom