Mighty Spurs vs AS Roma. Il derby di Totti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino is pleased with the tour of America so far with Manchester City still to play in Nashville.

'We are working a lot to develop our game and improve and learn,' he added.

'Our objective is to try next season to try to fight for everything we are going to play. During that period we try to improve the team.

'We'll see in the end what happens but I am so calm, I am happy. I think the team is doing well.

'The most important thing is to get the feeling, to improve every day.'

The ref attempted to send Pochettino off in the second half after confronting the fourth official but the Spurs boss appeared to refuse.

42AFDFF100000578-0-image-a-1_1501045720245.jpg

And it transpired the referee went back on his orders, even enlisting the futile help of a match commander.

'He wanted me to be sent, but I said ''come on that makes no sense because we were talking in Spanish and nobody could understand us',' Pochettino said.

'It was all good I think. It was not a problem. I apologised to him about my behaviour.

'I believe it was a chat that ok, we were talking and started to speak louder.'

Some sloppy play, some bad bounces, some wrong decision at key moments. That shit can happen, and tonight it did. But some of our play was excellent.

Roma are the type of team we always seem to play in the knockout stages of the Europa........and the above sounds exactly how every single one of those bastard games seems to turnout for us

Roma were better than I expected. It was a very good game for a pre-season friendly, high tempo and pretty physical. Shame we couldn't come out with a draw. They owned the first half and we owned the second half so a draw would have been fair.
It showed how important Dembele and Eriksen are to the team, when they were on the pitch together we were completely in control, but when only one of them is there we lose a lot.
I would be in the group of people that Georgiou surprised. Never heard of him, but he did more in 45 minutes than I have seen either N'Koudou or Onomah do in all the time they have been with the first team, and he was up against the first choice Roma right back all the time.
I don't know if the problem in the first half was a back 3, or a back 3 with CCV in it. Anyway it didn't work, and we looked much better with a back 4.
I think the subs cost us the second goal. The pass Alderweirald wanted to make was not on because Dembele was gone, and the new pair were sorting out who was going to play where.
If Rose, Lamela and Son are fit we are in very decent shape, but I think all these games confirm what we already know ... the squad is still a bit light.
We can definitely upgrade on Wimmer and N'Koudou ... they were actually a downgrade from Fazio and Chadli.

1. 4231 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3421

2. Eriksen, Lamela and to an extent Winks are the only players in entire squad capable of making things happen

3. CCV not good enough destined for league 1 football, KWP and Onomah need full season in their preferred positions somewhere else(preferbly a PL side)

4. Nkoudou is marginally far far worse than Chadli, Son and Townsend, will be shocked if he's still with us by next summer

5. We still need AM or 2 that offer both pace and creativity, see Barkley

6. Wimmer is a good CB, lack of enough game time made him look half the player he was 2yrs ago.

7. Was very impressed by Georgeu cameo.

1) Appalling ref.
2) Thought key players like Kane and Alli looked a yard short, which is understandable
3) Wimmer was poor
4) CCV was poor, doesn't look 1st team standard (not just from these 2 games either)
5) Onamah was his usual tidy-tidy-mistake that we saw in his 1st team games last season, he may need a loan
6) KWP isn't a left back. Not sure he's good enough Trippier back up at the minute either. Again, may need a loan
7) Georgiou was a pleasant surprise, maybe some early League Cup games for him.
8) Anyone who thinks we don't need to strengthen the squad with real quality is high

I thought the youngsters put up a decent show, impressed by Winks as well.Quite an enjoyable game to be honest, let down quite a bit by the level of officiating...

I thought the youngsters put up a decent show, impressed by Winks as well.Quite an enjoyable game to be honest, let down quite a bit by the level of officiating...
Winks is head and shoulders above the other young players, that was clear watching the yoot team before he broke through to the senior squad

1) Appalling ref.
2) Thought key players like Kane and Alli looked a yard short, which is understandable
3) Wimmer was poor
4) CCV was poor, doesn't look 1st team standard (not just from these 2 games either)
5) Onamah was his usual tidy-tidy-mistake that we saw in his 1st team games last season, he may need a loan
6) KWP isn't a left back. Not sure he's good enough Trippier back up at the minute either. Again, may need a loan
7) Georgiou was a pleasant surprise, maybe some early League Cup games for him.
8) Anyone who thinks we don't need to strengthen the squad with real quality is high

We don't need a lot of players just some flexible players to cover.

Pereira can play LB, RB, LW, RW, Barkley can play CM, AM. Those two alone would massively change our depth. Then when we get Son, Lamela, Rose etc back we will be quite strong.

2-3 good flexible players should be enough with our first team and a few good youth players to cover as well.

Still buzzing. Full range of emotions in one night. Props to Section 121 for singing most of the night. Thrilled for Vinny to get a true #9s goal.

Very strange team selection in the first half. Lacked a creativity and speed/width. Some very lazy lackadaisical plays from Jan and Toby. Very uncharacteristic.

As soon as Eriksen came on that all changed. Very apparent we need another player with his skill set.

Disappointed with KWP. He's just not a threat going forward on the left side.

Back
Top Bottom