Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was Poch I'd give him one chance Today to explain his comments, see if there was any misrepresentation or if things were taken out of context or fabricated. It is The S*n after all.

If these answers are not satisfactory I'd bench him all season, let's see how happy he is when Ryan Bertrand is playing at the World Cup next year. This really stings, we're just starting to build something meaningful and both fullbacks throw in the towel. Important players positionally given how we play.

Fuck em both.

It's absolute fantasy.
Poch isn't the type of guy to throw someone under the bus to take the heat like that. He'd say it himself.
Quite probably, I just thought it odd that the same rumour came almost simultaneously from two different people.

To be honest, I doubt things work like this in football, the smokescreens and plays to force someone's hand that fans imagine, all the convoluted complots and alliances like some modern-day Game of Thrones.

Amazing that after a stab in the back like this from Rose, some people think it's Levy that should go.

So so fucking naive.

It's just Modric again....force him to stay, he's gone next year anyway when he starts refusing to play and tour etc.

We could sign Messi and it wouldn't matter, because Rose will never be on the same wages. He has made it clear it's about money......will be funny to see what happens when you call out the squad, Poch and Levy like that.

Quite probably, I just thought it odd that the same rumour came almost simultaneously from two different people.

To be honest, I doubt things work like this in football, the smokescreens and plays to force someone's hand that fans imagine, all the convoluted complots and alliances like some modern-day Game of Thrones.

Levy is definitely little finger.

After tax, that would be approx an extra £30k per week spread across the first 11, doesn't even bring most players up to £100k per week. When City, Utd, Chelsea pay £200k pw, doesn't solve anything, the divide is still their, the revenue gap is still getting bigger. Also you've no money to by new players. See the problem now? The stadium is being built to double our revenue stream not piss about with £30k pw.

It was just said in jest to use the walker money. We are a very profitable team especially with our net spend. We definitely have the money for his wages. I know levy wont respond to rose going about it this way. Did he even sit down with poch/levy etc BEFORE this interview?

No-one would hold that against him. Pretty much anyone would love to get offered three times their wage.

The issue is that he's not earning crap money in real world terms and that's putting it nicely.

And to use that as an excuse is letting him off the hook for his behaviour. Football is a bubble and players should remember that the majority of us live in the real world where we would get sacked for behaving like he has.

Yes Football is a bubble. So why do people act like it's not and expect players to??

He's spoken the truth IMO. Who here is pleased with our transfer window to date? Are we closer to winning things???!

Fans are cunts, demand loyalty but slate players weekly. Go through threads to see that. You're shit - get out. You're great. Play for less than elsewhere because we are Spurs.
Might get a Kane who that works for but footballers by definition are mercenaries. Tied down on contracts that just mean the club can demand more money for their services.

And being one injury away from never playing again, means money and maximising your worth now is vital.

Finally --- we have to pay our players more to play with the big boys. That's just the reality.

You are right, it certainly is but i work in a job where i don't think im paid what i'm worth. Whats the real difference between that and a football player. I would change my employer for double the money. It certainly would make me happier!

I don't know what you do for a living, but it's safe to say you're missing the statement of you *think* it would make you happy.

Rose has little else to complain about in terms of the club, so he'll soon realise how futile it is to burn your bridges chasing money

Yes Football is a bubble. So why do people act like it's not and expect players to??

He's spoken the truth IMO. Who here is pleased with our transfer window to date? Are we closer to winning things???!

Fans are cunts, demand loyalty but slate players weekly. Go through threads to see that. You're shit - get out. You're great. Play for less than elsewhere because we are Spurs.
Might get a Kane who that works for but footballers by definition are mercenaries. Tied down on contracts that just mean the club can demand more money for their services.

And being one injury away from never playing again, means money and maximising your worth now is vital.

Finally --- we have to pay our players more to play with the big boys. That's just the reality.

It's not what he's said so much for me - although I don't agree with it all - it's how he has done it.

And I would love more than anything to pay the wages that would stop this kind of thing happening but we can't. It's that simple. The players must know this too. I'm sure their contacts will be incentivised to compensate but they will know we can't pay those kinds of wages. They will always have known. So why go to the press and whinge...three days before the season starts?!

No-one would hold that against him. Pretty much anyone would love to get offered three times their wage.

The issue is that he's not earning crap money in real world terms and that's putting it nicely.

And to use that as an excuse is letting him off the hook for his behaviour. Football is a bubble and players should remember that the majority of us live in the real world where we would get sacked for behaving like he has.

The real world isn't that different. If you were the best in your job in the country and acted like this and left your employer. You would surely get headhunted by someone else or be able to find another job quite easily. With the money in football these days. TV money, merchandise etc etc. Then players should get a slice of that. I agree his behavior in going public is unacceptable. Complete lack of respect to the whole team and coaching staff and anyone who is helping him get fit.

The real world isn't that different. If you were the best in your job in the country and acted like this and left your employer. You would surely get headhunted by someone else or be able to find another job quite easily. With the money in football these days. TV money, merchandise etc etc. Then players should get a slice of that. I agree his behavior in going public is unacceptable. Complete lack of respect to the whole team and coaching staff and anyone who is helping him get fit.

You really don't understand football.

End of.

If I was the best in my job in the country and I was getting the wage he gets, I surely wouldn't talk my mouth loud that I want more money.

I don't know what you do for a living, but it's safe to say you're missing the statement of you *think* it would make you happy.

Rose has little else to complain about in terms of the club, so he'll soon realise how futile it is to burn your bridges chasing money

Think you arent quite understanding what i meant. Whether its double the salary, winning the lottery. You cannot say it doesnt make you happy. I did not say thats ALL l that makes me or other people happy. You would be lying if you said it made no difference at all to you. Maybe in Rose's shoes, having an extra 1.5m a year in his pocket doesnt really change his life. Maybe thats what you meant?

Think you arent quite understanding what i meant. Whether its double the salary, winning the lottery. You cannot say it doesnt make you happy. I did not say thats ALL l that makes me or other people happy. You would be lying if you said it made no difference at all to you. Maybe in Rose's shoes, having an extra 1.5m a year in his pocket doesnt really change his life. Maybe thats what you meant?

What I mean, put simply, it's there are more attributes that contribute towards happiness. Ignoring all others when looking to enhance earnings is a fools errand.

For example, he could chase money by joining City, when they haven't exactly been very effective at winning trophies or providing stability

It was just said in jest to use the walker money. We are a very profitable team especially with our net spend. We definitely have the money for his wages. I know levy wont respond to rose going about it this way. Did he even sit down with poch/levy etc BEFORE this interview?
We don't have the money for wages mate, that's the point. Manure percentage of wages to turnover is less than ours, let that sink in!!!! (and that is not including any of the new contracts signed in last 1.5 yrs). This is the reality. We need to generate more revenue, that is coming from the stadium, that is why we are building it. Until then we are closer to Palace in revenue than we are to the 5th highest revenue producer, Liverpool.

T_10082017115023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom