Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe he should have thought about that then instead of putting pen to paper basically saying, "yes I'm content with the money I will be getting paid for this many years of service."

The fucker signed a contract, Poch didn't force him to, Levy didn't force him to, he as a willing adult did it himself.

So you're hoping Toby doesn't sign a contract then, not Kane or Alli if they don't like the terms.

Better to do a Woolwich and let them go for nothing.

Clever.

I remember back in 2007, Tottenham signed a young lad from Leeds. No I'd never heard of him either, in fact I had to 'Google' him.
When he was going nowhere, and on loan at Sunderland he went on their end of season do and missed his flight home in the morning.I'm sure the two weren't connected, but he was then turned into England's left back by Pochettino, and given the best of facilities during injuries.
I would suggest then, that you do not denigrate a club like that, especially when you haven't kicked a ball since January.
Still maybe we should have signed a 'World Class' left Back in 2007. That good enough for you, Danny?

Out of all of our player Poch improved Rose the most. Under AVB he was always in no-mans land, never tracking back and leaving Verts to cover the entire left side. He was often our worst player in a mainly mediocre team (Bale excepted).

It was a very typical discussion as to who would replace Rose and I remember the relief when we signed Davies ('a proper left back' I think was one quote at the time) and whether or not Rose was up to our level and would be moved on.

Many including myself wanted Luke Shaw who was outstanding under Poch, the best left back in the PL and wanted by a host of clubs including us.

Instead Poch pulled off a miracle with Rose, he was always pretty decent in attack but now seemed to understand what a left back should do and his work rate skyrocketed. Credit has to be given to Rose who knuckled down but of all our players he was Poch's most remarkable transformation.

This interview is a disappointment but I feel sorry mostly not for us the fans but for Poch, it's a big slap in the face.
Bringing up Shaw - if this did end up a swap with United given Shaw was immensely successful previously with Poch and Mourinho seems really to hate him....how much cash do you think United would have to throw in? Shaw + £20M....£25M...£30M?

Danny still has 4 years on his deal, he's not going to get away cheaply at all. Which is why I expect he'll be here until next summer unless United really pony up.

No way back for him. Thinks he did no wrong, no apologies in sight. Poch not happy and it goes against all the principles he's built up. To give him a free pass would be undoing 2 years of work.

No testimonial or hall of fame for Danny. Bye

:pochbye:

Bringing up Shaw - if this did end up a swap with United given Shaw was immensely successful previously with Poch and Mourinho seems really to hate him....how much cash do you think United would have to throw in? Shaw + £20M....£25M...£30M?

Danny still has 4 years on his deal, he's not going to get away cheaply at all. Which is why I expect he'll be here until next summer unless United really pony up.

£30 mil plus shaw I would take.

er ok, I think i do thanks. Fact remains, how players behave nowadays like van dijk, they will get bought buy another team wont they. Whats the difference in the real world. Please explain?
It's not what he's said so much for me - although I don't agree with it all - it's how he has done it.

And I would love more than anything to pay the wages that would stop this kind of thing happening but we can't. It's that simple. The players must know this too. I'm sure their contacts will be incentivised to compensate but they will know we can't pay those kinds of wages. They will always have known. So why go to the press and whinge...three days before the season starts?!

I don't know why he chose now.

Head turned, upset by lack of transfers, watching us get turned over by City and Kyle phoning him up to say - its better here.

Knowing that he actually can earn more money and Levy on Monday said fuck off you're injured why should I pay you more.

Fuck knows.

But I feel his frustration. Big time. We were on the cusp but I don't feel we have moved forwards.

I just see us turning into Woolwich. We can spend - but we won't.
Or so goes the official line while billionaire owners live on yachts.

No.

We are a selling club for sure if we let Rose go as well as Walker to direct rivals. One minute we have the best wing backs in the league and the next we just let them go to direct rivals?
Levy should reject every fucking bid thats put in for him. Imagine he is sold....it will just prove that all a player has to do is cone out public with his desire to leave and Levy will sell? Nah don't see it.

Out of context? Are you having a laugh?

He's actively seeked out that piece of shit paper to give an interview with the sole intention of rubbishing the club, his team mates and the fans, to try & force a move or get a massive wage hike.

These comments couldn't be any more IN context.

He is a top cunt and I never want to see him in a Tottenham shirt again.
The club should be allowed to deal with this, they have the facts. we need to look forward to the start of the season and support the team. The last thing the club needs are supporters imploding and creating a soured atmosphere . If the club feel he is out of order, he goes, if he has been misled then forgiveness should be offered if he wishes to remorse.

No.

We are a selling club for sure if we let Rose go as well as Walker to direct rivals. One minute we have the best wing backs in the league and the next we just let them go to direct rivals?
Levy should reject every fucking bid thats put in for him. Imagine he is sold....it will just prove that all a player has to do is cone out public with his desire to leave and Levy will sell? Nah don't see it.

My issue is not that we sold Walker for a stupid fee it's that we didn't have a replacement lined up to come in early in pre-season.

If United had offered £60 million plus Shaw and Mensah for Walker and Rose who both want out I would have accepted and then spent £60 million getting 2-3 other players and improving the overall squad.

I say we buy shaw and loan rose out to Leeds, let him be close to his mummy, no way should he be rewarded with a move after his outburst, shows how classy Walker was compared to this, and he still got a lot of stick from fans in the friendly!
If we cave in and let Rose get a transfer then what does that say to the rest of the squad who might get there head turned by some cunt like Mourhino?!
We don't need the money, we also done alright since he has been injured since Jan, so it's about time we make a statement that if you dissrepect the club, the fans, the squad etc you get to kiss goodbye to playing for your country again and you will get made to see out the rest of you contract playing in the reserves, or loaned out to a championship club!
I am genuinely gutted he has come out with what he did, as much as I rate Davies, Rose is without doubt the be Lb in the PL! Fuck modern day football, seriously money is going to Ruin things in the end!

I'm a big fan of Danny Rose, his timing is pretty off. However he's not played since getting crocked in Jan. We did pretty well in his absence and Davies whilst not as direct has proven to be pretty decent even though he's not as pacy. I'd be annoyed if we lost Rose having lost Walker. However he's also shown that he cannot play back to back games at times either.

I'm a big fan of Danny Rose, his timing is pretty off. However he's not played since getting crocked in Jan. We did pretty well in his absence and Davies whilst not as direct has proven to be pretty decent even though he's not as pacy. I'd be annoyed if we lost Rose having lost Walker. However he's also shown that he cannot play back to back games at times either.

I trust Poch to deal with this, players will come and go, it's all about money these days, it's bollox when players say they wanna win things, really all they care about is buying another house, or another Ferrari, as much as I like rose no plaYer is bigger than the club, and if they don't buy into our project get rid, it's all about keeping Poch! He is the real gem here!

So you're hoping Toby doesn't sign a contract then, not Kane or Alli if they don't like the terms.

Better to do a Woolwich and let them go for nothing.

Clever.
Tell me where I said I'm hoping that our players don't sign contracts. Good job putting words in my mouth.

Naturally, IF a player is unhappy with a contract put in front of them then don't sign it. No one is forcing them. Rose was very happy at the end of last year to get paid 65 thousand a week for 5 years*. Now he's not? Fuck him.

Toby is the only example I will use because he hasn't signed an extension and his contract is on the tail end. If the club is offering him 100k a week and he feels he deserves more then good for him, that's how contracts work. He will either force us to go higher or not work out a deal and he leaves. That's life. But if he's content with signing a 100k a week extension and then next season bitches to the media that he deserves 150k a week then sorry pal but you should have thought about that 150k when you were negotiating your contract like an adult.

This doesn't look like a player that's completely miserable with his contract extension
nintchdbpict000268937005-e1474539195644.jpg

Last edited:
Rose was very happy at the end of last year to get paid 65 million a week for 5 years*. Now he's not? Fuck him.

Toby is the only example I will use because he hasn't signed an extension and his contract is on the tail end. If the club is offering him 100k a week and he feels he deserves more then good for him, that's how contracts work. He will either force us to go higher or not work out a deal and he leaves. That's life. But if he's content with signing a 100k a week extension and then next season bitches to the media that he deserves 150k a week then sorry pal but you should have thought about that 150k when you were negotiating your contract like an adult.

This doesn't look like a player that's completely miserable with his contract extension
nintchdbpict000268937005-e1474539195644.jpg

:levystare:

I trust Poch to deal with this, players will come and go, it's all about money these days, it's bollox when players say they wanna win things, really all they care about is buying another house, or another Ferrari, as much as I like rose no plaYer is bigger than the club, and if they don't buy into our project get rid, it's all about keeping Poch! He is the real gem here!
I'm of the opinion like a few brought up earlier in that if we sell Rose after this whole debacle (which is exactly what he wants), then it basically tells the players that contracts don't mean shit and players can walk all over us if they want to. Hopefully we tell him absolutely not you're not going anywhere. If he accepts it and plays like a stud then great, if not then show him what happens when you renege on your contract, play him with the U21s and see how he likes it when he's not picked for the WC squad.

I'm of the opinion like a few brought up earlier in that if we sell Rose after this whole debacle (which is exactly what he wants), then it basically tells the players that contracts don't mean shit and players can walk all over us if they want to. Hopefully we tell him absolutely not you're not going anywhere. If he accepts it and plays like a stud then great, if not then show him what happens when you renege on your contract, play him with the U21s and see how he likes it when he's not picked for the WC squad.

To moan about only being on £65k a week when there are people feeding there families from food banks takes a special kind of cunt! :dembelefingers:

To moan about only being on £65k a week when there are people feeding there families from food banks takes a special kind of cunt! :dembelefingers:
But dude, he misses his mommy and lives like 3 really REALLY far hours away from her. Show some compassion! I mean yes, he has other team mates whose families live thousands and thousands of miles away across continents and oceans, but that's nothing compared to the traffic on the A1.

Back
Top Bottom