Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday's Guardian...

BABY, I COMPARE YOU TO A DISS FROM A ROSE …

The Fiver loves Spurs. They give hope to habitual losers around the world that, one day, they too might finish second. In our case, they allow us to dream that one day the phrase “Lads, it’s The Fiver” will be met with something other than a weary sigh or the confused question: “Is that thing still going? I thought they put it out of its misery years ago.” In addition to that, Spurs are an antidote to the tedious excess of modern football and modern society. Their low-key, financially responsible excellence makes them the most admirable club in the country. That’s one interpretation, anyway. The other is that SPURS GOTTA BUY SOMEONE QUICKSMART BECAUSE DANNY WANTS A NEW TOY TO PLAY WITH.

Yes, Danny Rose, Spurs’ knacked left-back, has only gone and opened his mouth without checking what was going to fall out. In an interview with the Sun, Rose announced that he wants more money, he wants Spurs to spend more money, he wants Spurs to go back in time and not sell Kyle Walker, and he wants to play up north before he retires. “I am not saying buy 10 players, I’d love to see two or three – and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players,” parped the world-renowned left-back.

The whole point of Spurs is that they built a brilliant team by developing relative unknowns like Dele Alli, Eric Dier and, yep, Danny Rose. “Time is running out and I do want to win trophies. One thing is for sure – I know my worth and I will make sure I get what I am worth,” he continued, making possibly the least chilling threat since Ken Barlow offered to sort out Mike Baldwin. “I am not playing as well as I have done not to get paid what I think I am worth. As with everyone else in my team, in my opinion, I am worth more than I am getting.”

Rose is a bloody good left-back. He is not, however, the second coming of Roberto Carlos and there are many who will feel he has just broken the talk:walkometer. Maybe he is feral with the lack of football. But if he pulled this stunt in a 1970s dressing-room, he’d have received a lit fag in the eye faster than he could say “taken out of context”. Mind, The Fiver feels a bit of sympathy for him. We moan when players say nothing and then moan even more when they are honest. A lot of what Rose said was fair enough – about Spurs’ squad depth, for example, and wanting to play up north before he retires to see more of his mum. But the arrogant, indiscreet manner in which he did so was not exactly conducive to dressing-room bonhomie, and some of his other comments veered between better-left-unsaid and WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW PLEASE SHUT UP. In the parlance of our time, he’s had a right Trump.

To be fair I don't think you can use the win % as a fair comparison as we were a shambles in the earlier part of the season when Kane was out.

Davies has been doing well but there's nothing explosive about him. Put it this way, I know which of the two I'd rather face.

He was suggesting that we could have won the league with Rose in the team. We only failed to win TWO games with Davies. We finished 7 points behind Chelsea, so no, we wouldn't have.

He's not happy anymore? Sucks for him. I certainly won't be a shoulder to cry on that he wants a move and more money after 6 months of a new contract. You can be that shoulder to cry on since it seems like you are on his side during all of this.

On his side? Not really think he's been a bit of a cunt how he's done it.

But I do agree with what he's said.
I don't think we've kicked on this summer. I want us to sign international quality players.

And he signed a contract about a year ago didn't he. Things change, he's re-evaluated his life.

Maybe he's realised in a few years time he will be earning fuck all and a 3 bed semi in a shit area of London costs £1million these days. What's that going to cost in 30 years time?
Yeah he earns a lot now but what's he going to be earning when he's 50 or 60 years old when others are still getting paid?

Shoulder to cry on? No. Just a person who knows there's always two sides to every story and the truth usually somewhere in the middle.
Maybe he's depressed, maybe his mums dying. I have no idea. Maybe he just wants to buy a big fuck off house and 6 super cars?

Maybe he's realised in a few years time he will be earning fuck all and a 3 bed semi in a shit area of London costs £1million these days. What's that going to cost in 30 years time?
Yeah he earns a lot now but what's he going to be earning when he's 50 or 60 years old when others are still getting paid?
Oh please. Any premier league quality footballer who has any sense can take financial advice and invest enough money from their playing career to be set for life as a multi-millionaire.

Personally, I'd like to see all offers from English clubs rejected out of hand. We should never allow a Spurs player to move to a rival imo.

I suspect that he'll regret this ill considered outburst for the rest of his life, never mind his career, the stupid boy.

The media saying he got a hero like welcome. Fuck off
Bringing up Shaw - if this did end up a swap with United given Shaw was immensely successful previously with Poch and Mourinho seems really to hate him....how much cash do you think United would have to throw in? Shaw + £20M....£25M...£30M?

Danny still has 4 years on his deal, he's not going to get away cheaply at all. Which is why I expect he'll be here until next summer unless United really pony up.

After the damage Rose has done and the repercussions this could have on what is the best Spurs team most fans have seen in their lifetime. The piss taking that's going to take place and the possible damage it will do trying to attract prospective new players, not to mention compensation as losing a player such as Rose significantly reduces our chances for the Champions league hence £80m and not a penny more.

How's that for a sign of ambition Danny?

Last edited:
How would you measure that then?

13 wins in 15 with Davies in the side...I guess we'd have won the league with Rose then what with him being a whole THREE times better

:pochfacepalm:
Some of your arguments are ridiculous and hilarious at the same time.

We won those games because of a structured formation where the players knew their role. It wasnt so much the personel but the system that made us the team we were/are (exception being Harry kane).

Some of your arguments are ridiculous and hilarious at the same time.

We won those games because of a structured formation where the players knew their role. It wasnt so much the personel but the system that made us the team we were/are (exception being Harry kane).

Ahhhh, so it doesn't matter if we sell Rose then

Can you explain now how he's three times better....clearly someone saying twice as good, wasn't enough.

Now you claim we didn't even need a top LB anyway

Levy is simply a brainiac to see this shitstorm coming way ahead and tying em down all, else would have seen way more Judas situations with no win win. Atleast now club is in pole position to kick pampered little pricks.

Oh please. Any premier league quality footballer who has any sense can take financial advice and invest enough money from their playing career to be set for life as a multi-millionaire.

Set for life how? Like we live or how they want to live. Footballers often struggle after playing days ends due to having to change their lifestyles dramatically

Any sense? These are footballers, plenty overspend with no thought to the future.
Maybe he just got that advice and they said "you need to earn more - now". We don't know.

You can easily spend what you earn however much that is.

He just bought a 5m house according to someone else here. By my workings that's pretty much his earnings for the next 3 years if he wants to pay it off before he quits the game. Maybe that has made him skint!!

People here all the same judging others on what they themselves have / want.
I've been working near Levy's house recently. Don't think many if any of our footballers can afford to buy the house we've been working on at the price it will go on the market for.

And maybe you see that as being their own problem and not really an issue.

But if they are ambitious and aspirational whose problem is that really?? This is the real world - nice houses cost ridiculous amounts of money. Ordinary houses cost a million.

Other thing is Rose earns less in 2017 than Judas did in 2001. And who was more loyal?

No one is bigger than the club, so lets move on . The reaction on here is over the top. We the supporters do not decide anything, the club will. If they decide - he is dirt, then he moves on . If they decide he has been a fool, he stays and proves to everyone how committed he is. Tottenham FC is all that matters and life will go on with or with or without Rose. Stupid boy?

Ahhhh, so it doesn't matter if we sell Rose then

Can you explain now how he's three times better....clearly someone saying twice as good, wasn't enough.

Now you claim we didn't even need a top LB anyway
We dont need a top left back tbh. We just need a good one with the righ attributes to play the system.
I dont think we should flog Rose out of principal and also hes a very good player.
Rose in every aspect is superior to Davies if we are being completley honest(which i doubt you can be).

"Before the Manchester City game I was having dinner with Erik Lamela and I was still asking him if he reckoned we can finish top four. I’ve never seen someone look at me with such disgust. He said ‘My friend, we can win the league’.

“I refuse to believe. I’d like to believe we can, but I don’t want to think that. I realise the position we are in, but I don’t want to get too carried away.”

Danny Rose in 2016

Yet apparently its the others are not good enough and the club lacks ambition

Back
Top Bottom