Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Considering I watch 49 games an hour. Even I haven't heard of this one.

I dont know if he'll start......pre season is overratted he played last season and has trained through the summer. It was only May the season finished, its not like he loses his health in 10 weeks.

The point was, he is back in the fold.....I dont believe in signing players to cover a broken arm
No who would sign someone because of that. We do need another for the AM role regardless.
Pre season isn't over rated.
Players need to be match fit. Cannot replicate that in training. Of course he hasn't lost his fitness.
But you need competitive matches to sharpen up, get back into the physical battles and play against people you don't know inside out.
Otherwise what the point of them.
They were not always money spinning tournaments.
Fact is Wanyama is not match fit after injury, neither is Son. They would say so themselves.
Whether they can last the whole 90 + if they start and perform at their best remains to be seen.

If the club have any sense of humour left after events of the last few days, we definately need to follow the ridiculous trend of video introductions of player signings when we finally sign someone major......the player should be revealed by Danny Rose googling them on his laptop at the training centre.

In all seriousness though, I agree. From our academy rn the only players I see being good enough for our current level are Winks, Harry and KWP in the future. I don't see Edwards making it, I don't see Onomah making it and I don't see CCV making it. I think Edwards and CCV might still make it to be premiership level players and for that, our academy has to be praised I feel. If we can churn out 2 PL quality players a year, it pays for itself really.

Bit early to judge Onomah, Edwards and CCV imo

If the club have any sense of humour left after events of the last few days, we definately need to follow the ridiculous trend of video introductions of player signings when we finally sign someone major......the player should be revealed by Danny Rose googling them on his laptop at the training centre.
Better still, a video of our new signings Googling Danny Rose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom