Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

guess the club felt a statement wasn't needed as Poch has his Press conference coming up. Enough was said by others in social media. No doubt Poch and Levy spoke about the situation, it seems to have been handled with maturity. Poch said he has apologised, lets move on.

Imagine Jose in that situation. He would have ripped the player apart which would have helped nobody.

By all accounts, he agents were as informed and enraged as the club
Can't believe that though, can you? It is too contrived for Danny to have come out with it himself. I can believe the bosses at Base Soccer didn't know and are pissed off, but can't believe his agent (uncle) hasn't been having a word. Otherwise Danny has decided I want more money / a move and not spoken to the guys who's job it is to make him more money

Can't believe that though, can you? It is too contrived for Danny to have come out with it himself. I can believe the bosses at Base Soccer didn't know and are pissed off, but can't believe his agent (uncle) hasn't been having a word. Otherwise Danny has decided I want more money / a move and not spoken to the guys who's job it is to make him more money

Contrived? He does stuff like this off his own back quite often, he just let his chin flap too much this time, and at the wrong time

The wee nyaff shouldn't have signed a new contract,when 6 months ago! He was being linked with a move then plus he knew what his wages was going to be! Same as van dyke at Southampton sign a 6 year contract then 6 months later want out! there should be clause in contracts that in that situation you are tied for a minimum 2 years before you can even think about re hashing your deal.

He weren't just spouting off though was he, there was an agenda behind it. He is a cunt regardless

I think it's contrived to suggest there was an agenda. Like I said, he does it all the time - he literally just elaborated more on the same shit he said on 5 live several weeks ago

The club can not afford to pay high wages or pay current prices to buy players. It is simple accounting. We don't have the turnover of manu, city, chelsea, ars or liverpool. With the new stadium the turnover will increase by at least £40m from gate receipts, naming rights, NFL ...etc. Only then we will overtake liverpool and be around Woolwich's turnover.
BUT that is not the end. There is £400m bank financing facility to build the £800m stadium to be paid over 5 years.
Club made £33m net profit in last accounting statement, to be used for new stadium cost and buying players. If the club pays £50K extra a week to each of senior 11 players, will cost the club around £29m a year, where is that going to come from? There isn't enough profit to pay these wages.

I think it's contrived to suggest there was an agenda. Like I said, he does it all the time - he literally just elaborated more on the same shit he said on 5 live several weeks ago
Just re-read that interview and I agree he elaborated on the same shit. When I first read the stories from that interview (I didn't hear it), I thought he was making general comments (we need marquee signings to win things, we need to pay players as much as other teams, etc...).

The Sun interview read to me like I need a big pay rise or I am off and I know where to. Looking back, we could have predicted that after the 5 live interview. He says fullbacks will be start getting paid a lot more

Still think his agent has (and had) an agenda. Both greedy cunts, who have no place at the club (longer term)

No way.....Bridges have been burnt, there should be no way back for the fucking snake. The club is bigger than any individual player. If he ever wears a Spurs shirt again he should be booed relentlessly
Fuck off boo Danny Rose! The boy's just being honest. Really dumb of Levy to fine him two weeks wages.
What will that do for morale? You dumb fucker Levy! When was the last time a Spurs player got fined?
I'm really fucked off about this. And I am fucked off with players getting 200k plus a week.
Having said that, some of our players are grossly underpaid compared to their peers at other clubs.

I think people are over rating Rose and under rating Davies, the exact same thing happened with Walker/Tripper.

Rose leaving wouldn't be the end of the world. How many successful full backs has Poch now manufactured? We could lose all 3 of our current full backs and I'd have faith that within 2 years we'd have 4 quality full backs to replace them.

I also think the tactics during the friendly games were very interesting. Davies was playing as an extremely advanced inside fullback. Cutting in to take shots or making runs into the box. I think we're going to see Davies attack and play differently this season.

Just re-read that interview and I agree he elaborated on the same shit. When I first read the stories from that interview (I didn't hear it), I thought he was making general comments (we need marquee signings to win things, we need to pay players as much as other teams, etc...).

The Sun interview read to me like I need a big pay rise or I am off and I know where to. Looking back, we could have predicted that after the 5 live interview. He says fullbacks will be start getting paid a lot more

Still think his agent has (and had) an agenda. Both greedy cunts, who have no place at the club (longer term)

I think he's not far off (if not at) his peak, but be suits a specific style of play. I think he's a bit of a prick tbh, as he's been here long enough to know how to shut up.

Being a prick isn't out of character apparently, based on people that have interacted with him in public. Not on the Michael Owen scale, but he's definitely close to being more part of AVBs spurs than Pochs in terms of additude

What is the "going rate"?

It would appear it's the rate set by Utd., City and Chelsea etc. With that said how do we pay the "going rate" given the wage bills at these clubs is more than the revenue we generate?

FRAME THIS POST.:adesalute:

Fuck off boo Danny Rose! The boy's just being honest. Really dumb of Levy to fine him two weeks wages.
What will that do for morale? You dumb fucker Levy! When was the last time a Spurs player got fined?
I'm really fucked off about this. And I am fucked off with players getting 200k plus a week.
Having said that, some of our players are grossly underpaid compared to their peers at other clubs.
Being honest my arse. If you want to do interviews you go through the clubs press office, the players know this. He went rogue, he deserves to be fined.

"The England left back is prepared to push for a move to Chelsea this month if the Premier League champions follow up on their initial interest with a firm bid before the transfer window closes on August 31, and would also consider joining Manchester United"

Back
Top Bottom