The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wanted to keep us up, he loves the club and tried his best to keep us from the drop. He couldn't do it, which is no great shock. He thought he could keep us up, he thought that him and Ian Dowie could instill the commitment they showed in their careers. That's his ego, which is understandable level of self confidence given his playing career.

He wouldn't have done it for nothing though.

Think he's found his feet as a pundit now. Talks passionately and with some insight and a little humour. He'll never be one to pull apart the merits of zonal marking in any great depth, but that's what they're using Jenas and that generation of pundits for.

Plus he's a local lad who scored an incredible number of goals for us in what was, for the majority of his time, a poor side. So he's geet mint, cushty and fookin' class marra.
It doesn't leave a sower taste that he pulled out all that cash out of the club after going down? It would me. If he kept you up then, hey ho, he should have filled his boots, he would have deserved it no doubt. But to take the biggest managerial wage in world football (at the time) on the back of "loving the club", only to get you relegated, I would have expected him to return the money for failing to keep you up and because it shows he really does love the club and not just your money. Got to be the biggest piss take in football, he's taken you lot for right mugs and to the cleaners.

It doesn't leave a sower taste that he pulled out all that cash out of the club after going down? It would me. If he kept you up then, hey ho, he should have filled his boots, he would have deserved it no doubt. But to take the biggest managerial wage in world football (at the time) on the back of "loving the club", only to get you relegated, I would have expected him to return the money for failing to keep you up and because it shows he really does love the club and not just your money. Got to be the biggest piss take in football, he's taken you lot for right mugs and to the cleaners.

Top Trolling My Dude
:ap:

No, he won't not while he massively over values our club. There were plenty of interested parties, but all turned off by his ludicrous price tag.

Who would want a club like us? Well, we're a Premier League club with a large stadium that is well attended, we've a decent brand awareness in the UK and it's all right globally (not great, but over a decade of mismanagement will do that. We've impressive if not recent history and we've big potential. And when foreign investors are attracted to teams like Leicester, Hull, Bournemouth and so on, it's not unlikely that we'd be unattractive ourselves. It's only antagonism that would have someone say otherwise.

His mistakes are legion and he's admitted to them. He cost us our Premier League status twice. He lied to the fans and managers. He rebranded a famous old stadium to hawk his chav-tat store (and still covers the stadium in adverts without paying for that privilege, denying the club further funding). Ask yourself, would you want him making decisions about your club? A club he actually wants to do well?

Newcastle fans deserve what fans of every club deserves, an ambitious owner who puts the good of the club ahead first.

Your posts in reply to me seem boil down to this kernel; you don't like Newcastle United or Newcastle United fans. If that's the case, why bother replying to me? I'm sure other people on here couldn't give a toss?

Why bother replying?

You come out with "impressive but not recent history "
:dembelelol:

But you're right I don't like Newcastle Utd or their ignorant racist fans and I haven't forgotten us winning 4-0 there a few years ago and many of your "fans" giving our fans Nazi salutes

You say that you are a PL club

Correct but enjoy it while you can as you will be back where you belong soon enough

Now fuck off back to your own Forum as I had a belly full of cunts like you when I used to go on
'Footymad'

? I don't think you've read my posts then.

You're a much, much better side than we are. You have the heir apparent to Shearer's throne, you've a wonderful attacking midfielder, a conveyor belt of young talent and a very capable, likeable manager. We have a couple of decent players and a raft of footballers who should be improved upon if we are to survive and build. You should (and likely would) have beaten us comfortably even if our first choice line-up had remained on the pitch.

I expected a 2-1 loss before the game kicked off and when Dummett, Lejeune went off and Shelvey's idiocy saw our game plans go out the window there was only ever going to be one winner. We were clearly setup to frustrate, to deny you opportunities and space in our half, then try to hit you on the break through a busy Gayle and a lightning quick Atsu. That is a pragmatic approach for a newly promoted side to take when a title challenger comes to town.

Prior to the red we were holding our shape and were in the game, but could have come unstuck had one moment of quality pierced our compact defensive setup.

You're confusing me thinking scissor tackles should be red card offences, with me thinking we should have won (or not lost). That's not the case and was clearly not what my posts suggest.

I've met Spurs fans like you before, any criticism is met with incredulity and petulance and a clearly long held enmity for a club and it's fans, muddies the way you interact with them. Thankfully now that Spurs fans are seeing the benefit of a longer term plan that preciousness is becoming way less commonplace. Less discussions with fans of Everton, Newcastle or Aston Villa on the utterly pointless "Big Club" debate, less focus on what your North London neighbours are up to and more focus on celebrating your own progress.

I thought Gayle was shite although Atsu might get on our bench with a bit of help from Poch

You have any actual proof that he was the best paid manager in the world? I mean, I don't doubt he was paid well for his 8 games, but it was 8 games. He didn't get an 8yr contract or anything.

Put it this way, Alan Shearer shoulders some of the blame for our relegation in 09, but certainly not the majority of it. A combination of poor signings (Xisco and Nacho anyone?), calamitous managerial appointments and poor treatment of some of those managers.

We'd be as wrong blaming him for our relegation as we would be if we blamed Benitez for the latest one.

There's one man whom we blame for our travails above all others. Kinnear may have been a car-crash in front of the cameras and on the pitch, Pardew may have been a bad manager and an awful person, McClaren may have been a bumbling idiot, Sissoko may have been a gutless mercenary with an hilariously inflated opinion of his ability, but Ashley hired the former and signed off on the transfer policy that signed the latter.

To be honest, Shearer gets far more criticism for his work with The Sun, than he does for taking a wage.

Why bother replying?

You come out with "impressive but not recent history "
:dembelelol:

But you're right I don't like Newcastle Utd or their ignorant racist fans and I haven't forgotten us winning 4-0 there a few years ago and many of your "fans" giving our fans Nazi salutes

You say that you are a PL club

Correct but enjoy it while you can as you will be back where you belong soon enough

Now fuck off back to your own Forum as I had a belly full of cunts like you when I used to go on
'Footymad'

I reply because I've been told ignoring someone is rude.

Do you think that Newcastle United don't have an impressive history when stacked up against other English clubs? I mean in terms of major honours only 8 clubs surpass us.

Did you report this fascist offence to the police? Or to a reporter or anything? I mean it's illegal to throw up the Nazi salute and it's clearly upset you, so I would have thought it behoves you to report it. It's weird because Newcastle has a decent sized Jewish community and the jewish friends I have, have never mentioned seeing or hearing anti semitic stuff at the ground. I mean, there definitely are going to be scumbags at St James', just like there will definitely be scumbags at Anfield, at the Hawthorns and yes, even at White Hart Lane, but I've not seen Nazi salutes, or heard fascist chants in Newcastle.

Why do you think we "belong" outside the top flight?

I thought Gayle was shite although Atsu might get on our bench with a bit of help from Poch
To be fair Gayle is still some way short of full fitness. Also it's difficult to get a real idea of any of our lot given the 3 enforced changes to personnel, system and game plan.

That said, Gayle is not going to find it half as easy tos core in the top flight as he did in the 2nd. Won't have as many chances and those he does get will not be as clear cut as the ones he enjoyed against Brentford and Burton. It'd be great to sign a reliable top flight striker, but when Andre Gray is going for £20m and Mike Ashley refuses to open his chequebook, Gayle may be our 1st choice.

Not even a yellow. :dembelelol:

Yeah, I can't believe Lennon got away with that unwarranted and vicious headbutt on the Lion of Gosforth's foot. Disgusting behaviour, exacerbated by rolling around feigning injury afterwards. Thankfully Shearer is a tougher man than most and manfully soldiered on. That bravery alone deserves a statue in his honour, let alone all the goals he scored.

You have any actual proof that he was the best paid manager in the world? I mean, I don't doubt he was paid well for his 8 games, but it was 8 games. He didn't get an 8yr contract or anything.

Put it this way, Alan Shearer shoulders some of the blame for our relegation in 09, but certainly not the majority of it. A combination of poor signings (Xisco and Nacho anyone?), calamitous managerial appointments and poor treatment of some of those managers.

We'd be as wrong blaming him for our relegation as we would be if we blamed Benitez for the latest one.

There's one man whom we blame for our travails above all others. Kinnear may have been a car-crash in front of the cameras and on the pitch, Pardew may have been a bad manager and an awful person, McClaren may have been a bumbling idiot, Sissoko may have been a gutless mercenary with an hilariously inflated opinion of his ability, but Ashley hired the former and signed off on the transfer policy that signed the latter.

To be honest, Shearer gets far more criticism for his work with The Sun, than he does for taking a wage.
Pro-rata and/or on a per match basis he was THE highest paid manger in World football. He negotiated that deal and kept the lot because he loves the club, what a legend.

Kinnear - Still one of the funniest things to ever happen in football during his time with you lot, comedy gold.

You do need to start to enjoy your football more though mate and take it for what it is.
XzK2Pl.gif

Top marks for Batty hoisting the prone Lennon off the field of play as well. The little mad Yorkshire bastard.
Pro-rata and/or on a per match basis he was THE highest paid manger in World football. He negotiated that deal and kept the lot because he loves the club, what a legend.

Kinnear - Still one of the funniest things to ever happen in football during his time with you lot, comedy gold.

You do need to start to enjoy your football more though mate and take it for what it is.
XzK2Pl.gif
You got anything to back that up? Can't find anything to support that at all.

Can't figure out why you insist that I don't enjoy football?

The best thing to do when Shearer opens his mouth is either turn the sound off or go and put the kettle on.

It's no surprise that he couldnt turn around the situation at NUFC that time, his knowledge of the game is just really poor. He's also a striker, most good managers are ex-players who were either midfielders or defenders. He's a decent bloke, but as a pundit it's just awful.

Wet Spam were in a similar position once but Trevor Brooking clearly knows the game well and managed to turn it around and keep them up.

I'd have put money on the likes of Redknapp keeping NUFC in that position. Ditto Curbishley. And Poch would have got you into the CL in those last 8 matches.

:pochsmirk:

Top marks for Batty hoisting the prone Lennon off the field of play as well. The little mad Yorkshire bastard.

You got anything to back that up? Can't find anything to support that at all.

Can't figure out why you insist that I don't enjoy football?
He wanted £3m per year to be permanent manager, in the CHAMPIONSHIP in 2009 (8yrs ago)!!!!! Poch gets £5m now, Benitez gets £4.5 now (and these are Managers who, er well how can I put this, have managed before, Benitez has won the CL!!).

He was paid £2.6m for the 8 games he was in charge of, I haven't got the time to go trawling through the internet to get to the salaries of other managers in 2009, but the highest paid manager in 2011 was Maureen on €13.5m (that's Euro's when you could get 2.6 to the pound) = £5m for the year, Madrid played 56 competitive games (9 pre-season) that's 65 games / £5m = £89,285 per game.
Sources:
Alan Shearer must cut his demands to stay on at Newcastle
Top 10 highest-paid football managers of 2011 - China.org.cn

He wanted £3m per year to be permanent manager, in the CHAMPIONSHIP in 2009 (8yrs ago)!!!!! Poch gets £5m now, Benitez gets £4.5 now (and these are Managers who, er well how can I put this, have managed before, Benitez has won the CL!!).

He was paid £2.6m for the 8 games he was in charge of, I haven't got the time to go trawling through the internet to get to the salaries of other managers in 2009, but the highest paid manager in 2011 was Maureen on €13.5m (that's Euro's when you could get 2.6 to the pound) = £5m for the year, Madrid played 56 competitive games (9 pre-season) that's 65 games / £5m = £89,285 per game.
Sources:
Alan Shearer must cut his demands to stay on at Newcastle
Top 10 highest-paid football managers of 2011 - China.org.cn

Well, if we take that article as gospel (which I'm not sure you should) Shearer wanted a lot of money. That neither surprises nor bothers me. Keegan took Ashley to court over his lies and won a settlement and there were mackem friends of mine asking why I wasn't angry at Keegan for taking money out of the club.

The answer is simple; The fault lies with Ashley, so fuck him.

[QUOTE="White Van Jan, post: 1287200, member: 3801"

I'd have put money on the likes of Redknapp keeping NUFC in that position. Ditto Curbishley. And Poch would have got you into the CL in those last 8 matches.

[/QUOTE]
Agree about Redknapp, disagree that Curbishley could.

Look at the team we had; the best players didn't care and the players that cared weren't good enough.

Shearer's appointment was shortsighted, sentimental and stupid. So many of Ashley's decisions are so obviously wrongheaded it's a wonder we haven't spiralled further down the leagues. Hughton's success was surprising, but his appointment was one made on the cheap, rather than a shrewd assessment on Ashley's part. Replacing him with Pardew was madness. Giving Pardew an 8yr contract was foolish too. The man is a trainwreck of an owner and while he's got the club on an all right financial footing, his decisions have cost him more money than the alternatives would have.

From supporting an obviously broken transfer policy, denying the club revenue streams, to failing to strengthen after we finished 5th, failing to strengthen in the 2017 January window to preempt a window we all knew was going to be dramatically inflated. The man basically admits to not knowing anything about football, and yet rather than employ a competent DoF in the mould of Daniel Levy, he employed Dennis Wise.

He's a joke and until he's gone, I cannot see a bright future for Newcastle United. Unfortunately as long as he values us as a £300m asset, any potential suitors will be put off. How much did 80% of Southampton shares go for? £210m? And he think we're a more valuable asset? Fuck off man. :rolleyes:

Well, if we take that article as gospel (which I'm not sure you should) Shearer wanted a lot of money. That neither surprises nor bothers me. Keegan took Ashley to court over his lies and won a settlement and there were mackem friends of mine asking why I wasn't angry at Keegan for taking money out of the club.

The answer is simple; The fault lies with Ashley, so fuck him.
That's fine, but gotta sting to know that your legend who loves the club so much, took so much out of the club for such an utter shambolic failure. He didn't need the money, already a multi-millionaire in his own right, he worked for just TWO months! No doubt you love your club, assuming your were competent at football (you wouldn't have probably done any worse than him) I bet you would have managed your club for free, because you love the club. For someone who says he loves the club he has a very funny way of showing his love.

Still, every time he uploads a slow motion shot of him scoring a goal from the garden of his Spanish villa, at least you can be secure in the knowledge that he bought that place off the back of his 8 games uncharge and relegation.

A constant reminder of the rewards of failing and the love for your club can get you.

He's a joke and until he's gone, I cannot see a bright future for Newcastle United. Unfortunately as long as he values us as a £300m asset, any potential suitors will be put off. How much did 80% of Southampton shares go for? £210m? And he think we're a more valuable asset? Fuck off man. :rolleyes:

He saved you from bankruptcy and quite rightly wants his money back if he's going to sell.

And I'd say Newcastle is definitely a more valuable asset - the fans are fiercely loyal and easy to extract money from.

That's fine, but gotta sting to know that your legend who loves the club so much, took so much out of the club for such an utter shambolic failure. He didn't need the money, already a multi-millionaire in his own right, he worked for just TWO months! No doubt you love your club, assuming your were competent at football (you wouldn't have probably done any worse than him) I bet you would have managed your club for free, because you love the club. For someone who says he loves the club he has a very funny way of showing his love.

Still, every time he uploads a slow motion shot of him scoring a goal from the garden of his Spanish villa, at least you can be secure in the knowledge that he bought that place off the back of his 8 games uncharge and relegation.

A constant reminder of the rewards of failing and the love for your club can get you.
Why would it bother me? It's not my money, and he didn't get the £3m a year job in the championship and we came up as champions anyway.

Like shite would I have worked for nothing. What a ridiculous thing to suggest. Did Scholes? Did Stuart Pearce? Does Kane work for nothing? Work for nothing, good grief.

Every time he uploads a slow motion video of him scoring a goal from his villa in spain I am secure in the knowledge that he was a brilliant footballer and had an iconic (if simplistic) goal celebration that still makes me break out in a broad smile.

Back
Top Bottom