Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well what I was going to say is,if true that's a fecking disgrace shamefull in fact! This is the best tottenham team in years and one game and it doesn't go to plan and they get booed! Anybody who did should feck off and watch someone else! Cunts :dembelefingers:

Way too early in the season to simply roll with "I'd gladly accept top4 finish". But I do agree the Wembley dynamic is more detrimental then assumed for me. Having legit home games is a massive advantage that doesn't exist this year.

there was a widespread boo at the final whistle, think more through disappointment at the result. It wasn't sustained and no chants or anything like that it did take me back a bit though.

Maybe I'm going mutton in my old age but I didn't hear any booing. Anyway, obviously very disappointed with the final result. Poor first half, but huge improvement in the second and such a shame that we didn't finish them off - we definitely had the chances. When the '4 mins' additional time was announced, had the strongest feeling that they would equalise. They finished so much stronger than we did. Not sure the international break will help, but we need to get back on a winning track as quickly as possible.
With regards to empty seats, I am in the Club Wembley seats, and the three seats in front of me have been empty for both games so far. I still think it is a big ask to fill out Wembley for games against the 'smaller clubs' and we might have been better off not taking the top tier.
I will try to get to as many games as possible, but have accepted that there is no way that I am going to get my money back for any games I might not make. However, I would rather give it away than leave it empty.
I'm already fed up of going to Wembley, I know the Club have done as much as they can to make it feel like home, but still feels like a neutral ground to me. Anyway, please God that it will only be for this season, and the new stadium will be ready on time.

Maybe I'm going mutton in my old age but I didn't hear any booing. Anyway, obviously very disappointed with the final result. Poor first half, but huge improvement in the second and such a shame that we didn't finish them off - we definitely had the chances. When the '4 mins' additional time was announced, had the strongest feeling that they would equalise. They finished so much stronger than we did. Not sure the international break will help, but we need to get back on a winning track as quickly as possible.
With regards to empty seats, I am in the Club Wembley seats, and the three seats in front of me have been empty for both games so far. I still think it is a big ask to fill out Wembley for games against the 'smaller clubs' and we might have been better off not taking the top tier.
I will try to get to as many games as possible, but have accepted that there is no way that I am going to get my money back for any games I might not make. However, I would rather give it away than leave it empty.
I'm already fed up of going to Wembley, I know the Club have done as much as they can to make it feel like home, but still feels like a neutral ground to me. Anyway, please God that it will only be for this season, and the new stadium will be ready on time.

I think that going from a 32k capacity last year to a 90k capacity this year is a very big shift for the players and the fans. I do however think that this year at Wembley will help us bed into our new home better. I think the atmosphere will be better than at Wembley and this step back will help us take a good step forward.the club need to make getting the stadium complete for the start of next season an absolute must. It's crucial and it needs to happen by hook or by crook

I STILL don't get how having 30,000 or so MORE Spurs fans in the ground somehow seems to inspire the opposition more than it does us!
Why is the 'Wembley curse' only a one-way thing?
Why can't the opposition turn into a quivering mass of jelly and nerves for once?
Or are 65,000 Spurs fans not that intimidating after all?

Glad it didn't come out, it wasn't at the scum level but good few thousand.
It's the trouble with allowing a load of half arsed part time vague associates of our club to become STHs in the hope of flogging tickets at the new stadium in the future. Utter wankers. I heard some twat say "if we don't win today I might stop coming". Honestly. Coventry 1994 is the time to have a go at the players, not this lot who we're fucking lucky to have on the current climate.

It's the trouble with allowing a load of half arsed part time vague associates of our club to become STHs in the hope of flogging tickets at the new stadium in the future. Utter wankers. I heard some twat say "if we don't win today I might stop coming". Honestly. Coventry 1994 is the time to have a go at the players, not this lot who we're fucking lucky to have on the current climate.
Nothing to do with Wembley or new ST's mate, heard the same at WHL, I remember the boos after Newcastle(??) game at the Lane season before last?

The booing was very loud imo watching on TV it surprised me.
Utterly disgusting though. I don't like this new entitlement mentality, we have one of the best teams in the land, who are not fully fit yet, not at their best, they dropped a bollock, they ducking know they ducked up.
A little support wouldn't go amiss ffs.

Nothing to do with Wembley or new ST's mate, heard the same at WHL, I remember the boos after Newcastle(??) game at the Lane season before last?
It is a factor. It's not THE only factor. But it is one. New STHs come in all shapes and sizes, good and bad.

The booing was very loud imo watching on TV it surprised me.
Utterly disgusting though. I don't like this new entitlement mentality, we have one of the best teams in the land, who are not fully fit yet, not at their best, they dropped a bollock, they ducking know they ducked up.
A little support wouldn't go amiss ffs.
I watched on a very good stream cast to my TV and I didn't hear anything. How did you watch it btw? Are you in the States?

I was there and I genuinely don't recall hearing any booing. A frustrated sigh at full time maybe, but that's it.

Also, I'm in Club Wembley and the two seats either side of me have been empty for both games. And the only other person who seems to shout/sing is a 14/15 year old lad behind me. Everyone else very much seem like tourists. I would say that I regret buying in CW and wish I was with other more vocal fans, but now I just see it as my mission to be the noise for my section.

It's going to be a long season at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom