Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poch ethos well and truly out the window this summer lol

Youth players sent out on loan. Player over the age of 30 potentially signing. Potentially bringing in a loan signing.

He's come out and refined his stance. Said that if you break into training with the first team but you don't get game time within 1-2 years you'll be loaned.

As Jayc1 Jayc1 says. I think you'll find its more about Poch becoming pragmatic after three seasons in charge.

He probably realises that its more difficult in this country to take on the risk of giving youth players the first team minutes they need to develop.

Primarily down to the ridiculous pressure generated by the fans and media going ballistic every time we lose a game / drop points.

Still got shit defence and midfield. They'd be better signing solid players on the cheap and starting over rather than 1 marquee signing with all their money.
Sanchez is the backbone of that team. He's the only one in that set-up with a bit of shame and who consistently performs for them.

It's the entire rest of the team that Woolwich needs to replace, not Sanchez.

We desperately needed an attacking option off the bench, a bit of speed and flair.

Let's face it, Sissoko isn't going to improve. We can only hope that N'Koudou or potentially Marcus Edwards becomes that player, because it looks like we've failed to sign anyone in that mould this window.

I'm looking at the potential Andre Gomes loan signing as Onomah out on loan. Andre Gomes in and no matter how much you rate Gomes or don't rate him. That's an improvement.

Woolwich will likely spend 100m to get Lemar to replace Alexis who they're selling for 60m.

I know Alexis wants out but that seems like bad business. They're making City even more loaded than they already are while overpaying for Lemar. I think they're worse when the dust settles. Lemar is obviously a great player and I know the market is crazy these days, but that still looks crazy to me.

The Gomez signing makes a lot of sense. For the past 5 years the team has been crying out for a playmaking CM with excellent passing range.

Dembele/Wanyama are very mediocre passers of the ball and offer very little going forward.

From SC:
Has all gone very quiet from our ITKs, lets hope they are currently working behind the scenes to get another deal over the line!! COYS!
Suddenly the plebs over at SC are actual members of the transfer team... So thaaat's why they've gone quiet!
:dembelelol::sonlol::vert::walker-scream::harrylol:

If we get Llorente for 15m on 2 years and Janssen on loan happens, that a win-win. Llorente is obviously (understatement) more proven than Janssen in the PL, and if Janssen comes good on loan Poch will welcome him back in.

Selling Janssen would be meh, but if we get 25m for him then I understand it and its good business.

Well apparently it's actually their wages that's the issue. They can afford the transfer fee for players but they've got so many average players on 70k+ a week that their wage bill is at the max of what it can be. It's the reason why they can't/won't replace Oxlade-Chamberlain but will do if they sell Sanchez because his wage off the bill opens a space for a new player.
Not just that, they have so many log term commercial deal agreed years ago that their revenue doesn't grow too quickly either, which is another way to increase the wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom