Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope it's true that we are getting Ryan Sessegnon in still

For this season it's a gamble as he will need to step up fast to cover Son and Rose (he can play both positions) but in the future we will have a star on our hands.

A signing that may hurt us a bit in the short term compared to alternatives but better for us in the long term.

Not sure I have heard anything last few days that he is coming though?

Right, serious question. After Llorente you can only have one more signing to fit the team. Who do you take in priority order:

Mahrez
Andre Gomes
Sessegnon
Barkley
Di Maria
Gelson
Gray
Someone not mentioned

Who's top of your tree and why?
Gelson Martins is my pick although I concede that it looks unlikely... powerful, fast and direct player with real end product. Exactly the kind of player to give us a different dimension when we hit a wall such as Chelsea parking the bus in front of us..

Ey? We've loaned our CCV and Onomah. Previously, Poch has basically said in the past that if you're sent out on loan it's because we don't want you.

Llorente is having a medical. Even if he doesn't sign, the fact he's looking at 30+ year olds shows he realises being stubborn will cost him.
He said in a recent interview that he's sort of changed his stance. He wants youth players to have at least two years at the club before considering loans

We loved Sandro, Chadli, Holtby and so many others. Fans love means nothing to club mercenaries, He is young so think would hold out for one more year if he aint getting gametime. But I believe there is a lot of potential in there to waste in bench.
I meant the management as well - there is nothing to indicate he is surplus up there they spent a load of money on him and he has performed.

The Gomez signing makes a lot of sense. For the past 5 years the team has been crying out for a playmaking CM with excellent passing range.

Dembele/Wanyama are very mediocre passers of the ball and offer very little going forward.
Good signing but a player in the Mahrez mould should be an absolute priority

For this season it's a gamble as he will need to step up fast to cover Son and Rose (he can play both positions) but in the future we will have a star on our hands.

A signing that may hurt us a bit in the short term compared to alternatives but better for us in the long term.

Not sure I have heard anything last few days that he is coming though?

I had, but I also got told that the young whizkid from City had signed too, so that's fucked it :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom