Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know he's a cunt but imagine how good we'd be if we had been able to get Willian.

Willian Eriksen Alli and Kane. But we didn't and he's a cunt so end of my own discussion really
Sometimes have the same thought, because we've never really brought in a player quite like him since - but I try not to worry too much because it's like a parallel timeline. Same as if we'd actually managed to get Moutinho across the line. If getting Willian had been the difference-maker in whether AVB could have held onto his job, then in a twisted way it was worth not happening because now we have Poch.

Oh, and I could be wrong, but I got a feeling at the time that Willian was our prime CAM target that summer and Eriksen was a second option. In that regard, I'm happy with how things panned out...

Sometimes have the same thought, because we've never really brought in a player quite like him since - but I try not to worry too much because it's like a parallel timeline. Same as if we'd actually managed to get Moutinho across the line. If getting Willian had been the difference-maker in whether AVB could have held onto his job, then in a twisted way it was worth not happening because now we have Poch.

Oh, and I could be wrong, but I got a feeling at the time that Willian was our prime CAM target that summer and Eriksen was a second option. In that regard, I'm happy with how things panned out...

I spend far too much of my life daydreaming about what might have been Thin Lillywhite. You're right regarding Moutinho. Swings and roundabouts geez

Probably naivety on my part but maybe Sissoko just needs a run of games. He did well today. Despite his awful first touch.

He tried to make things happen and I saw him express himself more. Before he seemed worried about making mistakes. Today I saw a player more prepared to lose the ball in order to make things happen. Nothing worse than someone feeling or acting suppressed . A goal would have really got him believing, I hope he continues how he's started the season as it'll only get better for him if he does

Poch has built us a Rolls-Royce, hasn't he?
It was so fun to look at the starting XI today and realise just how far we've come in the last few years. Outside of a couple of world-class stars (who we knew we couldn't keep) like Modric and Bale, we've never had such thorough quality in my lifetime.

Here was our team lineup on September 11th 2010 in our 1-1 draw against West Brom at the Hawthorns:

Cudicini
Corluka
Kaboul
Gallas
Bale
Lennon
Palacios
Huddlestone
van der Vaart
Modric
Pavlyuckenko (hi Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko )

In seven years, I think it's clear how far we've developed the team, and perhaps Levy suffers from how gradual it's been. Just because we haven't had the disgusting financial doping of Man City doesn't mean we've not come on leaps and bounds.

Oh, and all while the new stadium is looming over North London. The future is bright, the future is Lilywhite.

Just got home from Chessington World Of Adventures (LOL)... Buzzing to see the game...

Anyone found any good links for a rewind on the whole match?

Jah Bless.

I know he's a cunt but imagine how good we'd be if we had been able to get Willian.

Willian Eriksen Alli and Kane. But we didn't and he's a cunt so end of my own discussion really

Yeah but remember that we only went for Eriksen because we didn't get Willian. Considering Chelsea spent three times as much as we did, and Eriksen is considerably better, I'd say we did ok.

Davies has been awesome!

Haven't seen the game yet, but good to read this praise... This talk of Ben not being able to play WB is bollocks! Save for getting roasted by the Prem's fastest (Mane, Zaha et al) on a couple of times over the season (No shit, welcome to the fucking club!), he was thoroughly impressive last year and far better in attack than some make out(*)... I'd be more confident of him carrying the mantle post-Rose than I was/am of Tripper post-Walker.

(*Towards the end of last season and during this summer's friendlies the freedom he was playing with in attack was insane! ...Cutting inside off the wing, making runs across the 18-yard box and even arriving later from a CAM position(!!!) having cut in early.)

Ben may not have the glitz-factor, but he's a damn good player; not to mention humble, hard working and an absolute pro!

HOOK THIS MAN UP WITH A SMILEY DAMN IT!!!

Ben-Davies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom