Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't wait until an opposition team actually tries to score at Wembley - surely someone has to show some ambition eventually

Correct and when a team like Dortmund does show aggression and attacks us there's only one result

An attractive game of football and we usually prevail

So when teams like Swansea come and park the bus and we have a weak referee we get a shit goalless draw

It's very frustrating and annoying and I had to watch the game with visitors in the house which is never good

I think Poch is right to give Sissoko a run in the side but must have been tempted to bring Dembele on to run at them
Games like this cry out for Lamela

Pouches Clevor Trevor likely lad approach unfoturnatly put us half way up the Kyber today .
No sex ,drugs and Rock n Roll more meat and two veg without any sauce .
The obvious static wing back bollocks and no creativity in central midfield had one fanny up the junction . Dier is holding but doing little going forward , Sissoko has the skill factor of a Charly Drake upstart .
We have a superior first 11 if all are played then we should do a lot better even in the khazii of
Wembley . Ali is wearing no nickers at the moment so maybe a little word in Mr Churchills ear .
Anyhow the cockney regects next .

And you go again.....hyperbole and lies.

All because I criticized Dele. Did I call him a shit footballer? No I didn't did I Mick.

I see that my opinions are tactics, but yours are? What are they Mick? The right way to express yourself?
What was that about holier than thou? Laughable.

You don't dare to vent at the team because last season they were great. Bully for you.

I couldn't care less. If Dele plays shit then he played shit. Just like if Sissoko plays shit.

Keep you preaching to yourself. You pick and choose which players are fair game. Pathetic
Excellent!
You read all that into what I posted and ignored what was there to read. I'm on a phone and am less expressive so maybe it wasn't as clear as I'd like to have made it for you, when you're in this tortured mood. Yes you said Alli and the team were shit and I'm not anal enough to go looking and quoting.
I have no idea what you mean about opinions and tactics. Try to make sense please.
I have said from the start that it's my belief that Sissoko is an inadequate player for our current team, I don't laud him one week and proclaim him the new Messiah and then castigate him the next. I think his footballing skills are way below the teams and that at best, some weeks he is less hapless than others. I don't try to persuade anyone that I am a footballing soothsayer for recognising his below par skillset. Pretty much all of us can see he's gash in comparison with the rest of our team.
The fine margins between being brilliant. And no better than the rest are so small that they are the distinction that makes the difference. Alli was NOT shit yesterday, he - like the rest of the team, played below the levels that they individually, but most of all, collectively can play at.
The biggest difference between you and I Sammy is I am criticising what you post and the style of the way you express yourself. You have decided to attack me and are misrepresenting what I am saying to find something to attack me for. It's a common tactic, when you cannot defend your actions - simply go on the attack and make out it's the fault of the person who points it out to you.
Basically you have dropped into the trough you were in before you decided to quit, rather than the rational and balanced poster you returned as.
But some how it's my fault for making that observation.

CL hangover + Swansea lift thier game a little = nil fooking nil.
We went strong in the CL and this is the outcome , simple.
I'm not sure why there is a notion that Swansea raised their game.

They, like Burnley, were fucking shit. We were poor in both games and that's the problem. There is no away team Cup Final performance......did anyone look at Swansea yesterday and think that a Spurs 7-0 win would be unjust?

We wasted 26 shots to their 4. Hardly like we couldn't get at them. We messed up.

I really don't know what more Kane could do to convince you.... Only one of the best young strikers in the world right now!

Score a load more goals, cover behind Lloris when he cocks up and put in a few more crosses and get on the end of em. Stop saying 'yes, no' before every interview.

Im taking the piss? Were you really Jurgen's binman?

And you go again.....hyperbole and lies.

All because I criticized Dele. Did I call him a shit footballer? No I didn't did I Mick.

I see that my opinions are tactics, but yours are? What are they Mick? The right way to express yourself?
What was that about holier than thou? Laughable.

You don't dare to vent at the team because last season they were great. Bully for you.

I couldn't care less. If Dele plays shit then he played shit. Just like if Sissoko plays shit.

Keep you preaching to yourself. You pick and choose which players are fair game. Pathetic
Things have changed a lot in the past few months. I thought we were mean't to unconditionally support the team and never question or criticize the managers decision or any of the players. Also very ironic of you to say mick is hyperbolic and a liar when that's exactly what you are

Love Poch but got it all wrong today. One point so out of six so far (at Home) so why get creative ? Trippier at LWB ? Son at RWB ? Sissoko a CM in a congested MF? Eriksen, Dele, etc weren't much better but the big man got it all wrong today from the go. FFS

I think maybe you need to step back and look at any decisions made by the manager in the context of the entire season.

Sometimes you have to try to manage the squad, on the balance of play we deserved to win yesterday - so he didn't get too much wrong.

The alternative is to do what Redknapp did and play the first 11 in every single match......except that after 10 matches those players are all fucked and the squad players you want to replace them with haven't kicked a ball all season.

This sounds ridiculous (especially since we didn't see any goals yesterday) but I really hate how deep the Wembley nets are feels like an age before you see the bet bulge. Pisses me off so much

I'm not sure why there is a notion that Swansea raised their game.

They, like Burnley, were fucking shit. We were poor in both games and that's the problem. There is no away team Cup Final performance......did anyone look at Swansea yesterday and think that a Spurs 7-0 win would be unjust?

We wasted 26 shots to their 4. Hardly like we couldn't get at them. We messed up.
10 behind the ball shite?

Wembley is a special place and a few players will raise their game which, balanced with us being a little off par, evens it out a little. Yes we could have stomped home 2 nil and it would have been justified. But we were a little cold and playing on auto pilot . We mustn't underestimate Weds game (I don't believe you have) and what it took out of us. It removes that edge we have to beat these negative teams. Alli was not part on Wed and should have been our inspiration, giving the forwards an energy that was needed. We were never going to concede.
Im disappointed but remain positive because our performances will come good. I feel we will save our big performances against the top 6 and the CL, similar as Utd last season. We wont lose too many either but draw.

Smaller, better atmosphere, less tourists. It'll be a fortress in no time

I think so too

......there is a bizarre denial that Wembley is not affecting us. Im not sure if its just hope, but what I find is that some of the same people denying its a problem also think that Dele has been performing well and that Pochs tactics were not an issue.

So yesterday was not:
Wembley
Tactics
One of our best players playing rubbish

So what happened, in their eyes? One of those days.......again?
Or was it Swansea playing like AC Milan in 1990 that fucked us up......

:defoe:

Yesterday shows us what we need, a Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes type player who can hit the net regularly from distance. I expect more teams to park the bus like Swansea, and we'll need to find a way through.

We just need to teach our players to play the percentages and shoot down the middle of the goal - so often we blaze the ball over the bar and let teams completely off the hook.

Same goes for crosses, you are better off dribbling the ball across goal than swinging it to the far post - just keep the ball live in the late stages instead of giving away goal kicks.

I think maybe you need to step back and look at any decisions made by the manager in the context of the entire season.

Sometimes you have to try to manage the squad, on the balance of play we deserved to win yesterday - so he didn't get too much wrong.

The alternative is to do what Redknapp did and play the first 11 in every single match......except that after 10 matches those players are all fucked and the squad players you want to replace them with haven't kicked a ball all season.
Once upon a time that's how all teams did it - so it evened itself out. But now some teams have large pots of gold and can afford to have two teams to choose from.
Welcome to modern football - the new gladiator sport where the weak are ritually slain for the pleasure of the viewing public.

Back
Top Bottom