Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think so too

......there is a bizarre denial that Wembley is not affecting us. Im not sure if its just hope, but what I find is that some of the same people denying its a problem also think that Dele has been performing well and that Pochs tactics were not an issue.

So yesterday was not:
Wembley
Tactics
One of our best players playing rubbish

So what happened, in their eyes? One of those days.......again?
Or was it Swansea playing like AC Milan in 1990 that fucked us up......

:defoe:

Stop melting Sammy.....you'll just look stupid in a few weeks

Genuinely not having a go, you've been here countless times before.

10 behind the ball shite?

Wembley is a special place and a few players will raise their game which, balanced with us being a little off par, evens it out a little. Yes we could have stomped home 2 nil and it would have been justified. But we were a little cold and playing on auto pilot . We mustn't underestimate Weds game (I don't believe you have) and what it took out of us. It removes that edge we have to beat these negative teams. Alli was not part on Wed and should have been our inspiration, giving the forwards an energy that was needed. We were never going to concede.
Im disappointed but remain positive because our performances will come good. I feel we will save our big performances against the top 6 and the CL, similar as Utd last season. We wont lose too many either but draw.

The thing is, Utd stuck 4 past them away with some 60% possession and 17 shots to Swanseas 5 (none on target).
They deployed the same negative shite in that game.

We have a problem breaking down stubborn teams, and we dont have the confidence we did at WHL, and teams dont fear Wembley like they did WHL.

It doesnt mean they turn up and all play like they are on the Ballon d'or list.

Chelsea was another example....we give the team a pass because it was Chelsea, but the fact is, we threw away a point we wouldnt have at WHL, and indeed, played with little confidence against a Chelsea team that were decimated and to be frank, garbage on the day.

I think so too

......there is a bizarre denial that Wembley is not affecting us. Im not sure if its just hope, but what I find is that some of the same people denying its a problem also think that Dele has been performing well and that Pochs tactics were not an issue.

So yesterday was not:
Wembley
Tactics
One of our best players playing rubbish

So what happened, in their eyes? One of those days.......again?
Or was it Swansea playing like AC Milan in 1990 that fucked us up......

:defoe:
Wembley is just too big in every way. It's not an away ground, more a neutral ground.
Personally I feel I've been watching yesterday's game on repeat since AVB arrived. Mid-week European fixture, lower class opposition on the weekend. If we get an early goal, we go on to get a few more. I wasn't really impressed with anyone, Toby and Sonny did alright, everyone else looked a bit drained or below par. Hate to say it, but Walker was fucking excellent yesterday, could have been the difference for us

Stop melting Sammy.....you'll just look stupid in a few weeks

Genuinely not having a go, you've been here countless times before.

Look, people keep saying this.

My point is this.

If we play brilliantly for the next 6 months, it doesnt change the Swansea game. If Dele plays brilliantly next week, does that mean he wasnt shit yesterday?

I dont judge the Swansea game, by how well we might play against West Ham.

My points are valid today, and they will be in a month, regardless of results.

I dont expect the title. But not one person here will not look back to yesterday and Burnley if we lost the PL, or top 4 by a point. I thought we'd learned our lesson with starting slow and pissing point away.

So many people raging during the window about doing business early so we can start strong....but start crap and its all "aahhhh thats life".
I backed the squad, we made some great additions, but certain players are not performing like they were last season, and Poch has gone all tinkerman.

I find it frustrating, and sitting there all zen and acting like it doesnt piss me off because next week we might play well, doesnt cut it for me.

The thing is, Utd stuck 4 past them away with some 60% possession and 17 shots to Swanseas 5 (none on target).

We have a problem breaking down stubborn teams, and we dont have the confidence we did at WHL, and teams dont fear Wembley like they did WHL.

Chelsea was another example....we give the team a pass because it was Chelsea, but the fact is, we threw away a point we wouldnt have at WHL, and indeed, played with little confidence against a Chelsea team that were decimated and to be frank, garbage on the day.
Where is the mystery? We are a team trying to learn how to solve a new problem.
With this coach and this group of players, will we work out how to do it? Of course we will.

Wembley is just too big in every way. It's not an away ground, more a neutral ground.
Personally I feel I've been watching yesterday's game on repeat since AVB arrived. Mid-week European fixture, lower class opposition on the weekend. If we get an early goal, we go on to get a few more. I wasn't really impressed with anyone, Toby and Sonny did alright, everyone else looked a bit drained or below par. Hate to say it, but Walker was fucking excellent yesterday, could have been the difference for us
Maybe we can as the PL if we can simply play all of our remaining games at the opposition's ground. Managers don't dare let their teams play two banks of 5 at home and our away fans make more noise.
We could still win the league

Look, people keep saying this.

My point is this.

If we play brilliantly for the next 6 months, it doesnt change the Swansea game. If Dele plays brilliantly next week, does that mean he wasnt shit yesterday?

I dont judge the Swansea game, by how well we might play against West Ham.

My points are valid today, and they will be in a month, regardless of results.

I dont expect the title. But not one person here will not look back to yesterday and Burnley if we lost the PL, or top 4 by a point. I thought we'd learned our lesson with starting slow and pissing point away.

So many people raging during the window about doing business early so we can start strong....but start crap and its all "aahhhh thats life".
I backed the squad, we made some great additions, but certain players are not performing like they were last season, and Poch has gone all tinkerman.

I find it frustrating, and sitting there all zen and acting like it doesnt piss me off because next week we might play well, doesnt cut it for me.

You can only judge individual games in the context of the entire season.

Poch and Levy don't sit down in July and plan how they are going to beat Swansea in a one off game.......they plan how they can have the best possible season.

Wembley is a piece of shit stadium to be fair. Hate going there..hate the atmosphere...hate having to wait forever to get out of the dump. Wish we had gone with the Milton Keynes option but that was never going to happen.

Maybe we can as the PL if we can simply play all of our remaining games at the opposition's ground. Managers don't dare let their teams play two banks of 5 at home and our away fans make more noise.
We could still win the league
We should've gone with Brisbane Rd. Nice tight old fashioned stadium. Doubt the accountants would have gone for it though

It is what it is and it will get better. I'm off to kick and punch a few bags and pads get it out of my system.

You can only judge individual games in the context of the entire season.

Poch and Levy don't sit down in July and plan how they are going to beat Swansea in a one off game.......they plan how they can have the best possible season.

I dont agree here. The next game is the always the most important.......did we really rest players for Barnsley?

Im tired of the two games in a week thing if people think Dortmund was the problem.....Kane plays every week, why cant Davies? What was the thinking behind yesterday in terms of the bigger picture? Why not put Jan LB instead of Tripper when Aurier came on?

Why was Sissoko shunted around and then taken off when playing well? Why was Son removed? Just to keep Alli on? Makes no sense in short, or long term thinking.

Whats your opinion of Sissoko Mick?
Pretty much the same as everyone else with a brain
search

Dele has been got at.. His body language is different and he's getting stroppy.

Barca and Real want him and it's starting to show.
Hope I'm wrong but the writings on the wall I believe.
i half agree. read last week that Jorge Mendez and Mino Raiola are sniffing around the agent vacancy. If you have that pair of parasites offering the moon on a stick and a scarlet johannson blowie, then any player would struggle to not be distracted.

Back
Top Bottom