Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose got extremely lucky last night.. he came on at exactly the right time. Everyone was on such a high given the performance we were putting in, it would be hard to say or do anything negative to anyone at the club.
If Poch predicted that then he's a bigger genius than we all thought.

Rose chewing daintily on a slice of humble pie today.

‘I want to win my shirt back here, win my shirt back for England. I want to win something here this season and I want to be in the World Cup squad at the end of the season. My season starts now.’ On his controversial comments, he explained: ‘My opinions will be voiced in a different way from now on. I’ve been disciplined and we move forward together as a club. I did what I did. I was expecting a frosty reception from the fans so I just have to say thank you to them for giving me a great reception when I came on and when I was training on the pitch after the game. First and foremost I have to try to win my shirt back. [What I said has] gone now, my manager [Mauricio Pochettino] has forgotten about it and we all move forward and we try to win this club a trophy.’

Tottenham news: Danny Rose outlines season goals after injury return | Metro News

Says a lot of the right things but conspicuously fails to commit himself to us beyond the end of the season.

‘I want to win my shirt back here, win my shirt back for England. I want to win something here this season and I want to be in the World Cup squad at the end of the season. My season starts now.’ On his controversial comments, he explained: ‘My opinions will be voiced in a different way from now on. I’ve been disciplined and we move forward together as a club. I did what I did. I was expecting a frosty reception from the fans so I just have to say thank you to them for giving me a great reception when I came on and when I was training on the pitch after the game. First and foremost I have to try to win my shirt back. [What I said has] gone now, my manager [Mauricio Pochettino] has forgotten about it and we all move forward and we try to win this club a trophy.’

Tottenham news: Danny Rose outlines season goals after injury return | Metro News

Says a lot of the right things but conspicuously fails to commit himself to us beyond the end of the season.
Sounds promising - 'I have been disciplined'

Last edited:

To be fair to him I think he knows that his comments have also made a lot of fans expect him to leave at the end of the season. And rather than go on abotu staying here for years on his return from injury he is being honest.

The future for Danny Rose remains to be written.

Clear that he's done as a Spurs player after this season, unless injuries hamper him. This being a world cup year helps us, where he has to perform well to start in the team, so atleast he will contribute heavily and raise his price before he leaves.

I can't help but feel Rose and Poch have an agreement that he'll be off in the summer. His comments to me just read as he was happy the crowd seem over everything, he now wants to win back his place so he can get to the world cup and help us win a trophy this season before he's off.

Well, it's hard to take something like that back when his stance was so strong before. If he suddenly came out in this interview, which I think has been a first for quite a while, and said all of this and then stated his intention to now stay for as long as possible, it would come across as disingenuous or as a poor attempt to himself into the good graces of the fans/team.

I'm sure he's learned a valuable lesson from this, but that doesn't mean that his feelings are any different. Sure, maybe he's had to eat some humble pie in regards to his "google" comment considering how our new players are integrating into the team. Maybe he's realizing that players are replaceable and life can still progress without you, so maybe his ego will take a couple of steps back.

That being said, I only want him to say he wants to stay if he truly means it, and if he's willing to step up and perform at the level needed. I'm sure his welcome back from the fans will help to get him feeling better about coming back, but I can't think that we will be able to rely upon him as a very long-term Spurs player.

Always better to come on in an away match as the fans are more supportive. Have to wait and see if he gets the same reception in a home match. The away supporters were magnificent. Shame they cannot clear sections at Wembley and put the 3900 fans from last night in a section/s together to generate the atmosphere they did last night.

Great reception for him.

Will be interesting to see if the home fans follow the away fans lead, though. I’m not so sure.

Sounds promising - 'I have been disciplined'
giphy.gif

still in the camp of a deal has been made between Poch and player.

Danny shuts his mouth, works his socks off, helps us win and in the summer he's sold.

I'll support him while he's here, but i'm thinking that won't be for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom