Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

wow
don't understand why people get so wound up about this stuff. It a story as old as time and has been the fabric of football since the players were freed from being servants of the clubs they played for.
We all have a freedom of movement in our jobs and the freedom to express ourselves in the manner of our choosing......
Yet Rose is vilified for being honest enough to try to prompt the club to pay him what he's worth, or let him move on. Which is what we all have the right to do in our own lives.
If the club disagreed with him, they would dump him. If they see him as worth keeping they will pay up and play him.
We all know Alli is a Liverpool fan and understand that when the big money comes looking for him - he will walk away, so why all the angst against Rose?
All this anguish about disrespect is daft, its not like he said anything that wasn;t true - look at all the whining on the transfer thread over summer - so called die hard fans all clamouring for exactly what Rose went public over.
Yet Rose is a disrespectful shit and we are all wonderful fans.
strange logic
So do you think what Sol Campbell did was wrong? Or was he also just expressing his freedom of movement?

From what you're saying it seems you agree with the idea of modern football as a business like any other. Which would make us all "consumers" wanting to be "entertained" by the "product" Spurs are offering.

I see it in a different way, I see it as something tribal, something which brings out intense emotions of loyalty, love and hate. I'm completely devoted to Spurs, follow them almost everywhere (haven't missed a game in the UK in the last 7 months), have done for years, and all I ask in return is some respect shown by these millionaire players to the fans and to the club. I understand 99% of players don't feel the same way about the club as people like me, and that's fine, I understand that they will leave, I have no qualms with Toby/Son/Alli etc for the things you mention or even Walker for having already left.

There was no need for Rose to act the way he did, he could have kept things in house, he could have spared many of his comments. My issue with him is not only this but also- as I've written on this thread- that he did not acknowledge the Spurs fans one year at Sunderland away, but spent ages walking around the stadium clapping all sides of the Sunderland support, and that he was too hungover to play in the massively important 5-1 game at Newcastle because he'd been out drinking with his former team mates at Sunderland. In short, I think he's an excellent footballer but a wrong un as a person.

Putting Danny Rose even vaguely in the same orbit of cuntdom as Sol Campbell is proper straightjacket-time five-star padded-cell gibbering mental
Of course. My point in mentioning that judas cunt, was merely to say that the logical extension of "footballers owe us nothing" is Sol Campbell.

Treat us with respect: don't go to a rival, don't cunt us off. Then I'll support you. If you try your best for Tottenham, it don't matter how shit you are, I've sang the name of the likes of Doherty and Gardner over time...even Andy Booth!

So do you think what Sol Campbell did was wrong? Or was he also just expressing his freedom of movement?

From what you're saying it seems you agree with the idea of modern football as a business like any other. Which would make us all "consumers" wanting to be "entertained" by the "product" Spurs are offering.

I see it in a different way, I see it as something tribal, something which brings out intense emotions of loyalty, love and hate. I'm completely devoted to Spurs, follow them almost everywhere (haven't missed a game in the UK in the last 7 months), have done for years, and all I ask in return is some respect shown by these millionaire players to the fans and to the club. I understand 99% of players don't feel the same way about the club as people like me, and that's fine, I understand that they will leave, I have no qualms with Toby/Son/Alli etc for the things you mention or even Walker for having already left.

There was no need for Rose to act the way he did, he could have kept things in house, he could have spared many of his comments. My issue with him is not only this but also- as I've written on this thread- that he did not acknowledge the Spurs fans one year at Sunderland away, but spent ages walking around the stadium clapping all sides of the Sunderland support, and that he was too hungover to play in the massively important 5-1 game at Newcastle because he'd been out drinking with his former team mates at Sunderland. In short, I think he's an excellent footballer but a wrong un as a person.
Technically, yes that's exactly what RSol did. And no I didn't enjoy it any more than any other Spurs fan, he was exceptional though, I doubt any other player would do that - simply to avoid the abuse. I also suspect that pretty much the entire industry holds him in similar regard over his conduct. He is an odious and detestable piece of sub human slime.
Rose is a different set of circumstances from that entirely.
My point is that getting wound up about it is borderline self harm because it's all happened before and it will happen again. Throwing a Victor Meldrew won't solve anything and neither will abusing Rose whenever he plays for us, but will certainly steel his resolve to take a hike.
I've watched Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Judas, Berbatov, Modric and Bale walk out on us and I've made a conscious decision to stop letting this stuff eat me up, life's too short.
So I'll enjoy the job they all do while they are here and leave it at that.
At least Rose has been up front and not lied and lied and lied, like RSol.
But do I find any of it acceptable or palatable? No - do I buggery. Anyone who uses the gutter press to do their contract negotiations is massive wanker, irrespective of their profession.

Glad he came on and happy to see him back. Masterstroke from Poch, maybe even more important than the minutes he got is the time he got to spend couped with the squad on such a big trip - help him integrate himself again.

Wish everyone would go off the forensic analysis of a player's every word and or lack of words. Rose is here, he's already apologised for his comments, been punished, and committed himself to making up for it with his play. None of the other players have committed themselves for life to the club, but Danny's slated because he hasn't. He said thanked the supporters, twice, for the reception he admits he didn't expect and insinuates he didn't feel he deserved on the back of his comments.

Furthermore, this forensic analysis of the contents of what he's said is a bit ridiculous - his comments came after an emotional return in a very electric match, you think he sat down at a macbook and prepared a speech pouring over every word?

It's not productive, this bitter shitting over our players and forecasting, if not gleefully hoping for, their departure. Son is a weak small time player choosing the Olympics over us - fuck him. Sissoko is a brain dead overpriced panic-buy one trick pony - fuck him. Lamela is frail and can't live up to his transfer price - fuck him. Toby is a greedy bastard - fuck him. Danny is a disloyal disrespectful cunt - fuck him.

Why can't we just support the shirt, enjoy the players while they're here, and worry about next year when it is next year?
Obviously Rose getting lots of hate bc he hit the core of something. But I reckon we are only one Davis injury away from enjoying his shirt whole alot more. If he ever help us win either PL or CL this season not both, I was just bluffing earlier Lol, I ll be so ready to forgive the young athlete for what he once said. I wont cry over if he left but I will be ready to forgive.

I'm hoping Danny comes back & quickly gains the form he was in prior to his injury. His two way play was exceptional & for me he would have been my player of the season. Having both Ben & Danny in great form would be to our advantage with the challenging schedule ahead.

Technically, yes that's exactly what RSol did. And no I didn't enjoy it any more than any other Spurs fan, he was exceptional though, I doubt any other player would do that - simply to avoid the abuse. I also suspect that pretty much the entire industry holds him in similar regard over his conduct. He is an odious and detestable piece of sub human slime.
Rose is a different set of circumstances from that entirely.
My point is that getting wound up about it is borderline self harm because it's all happened before and it will happen again. Throwing a Victor Meldrew won't solve anything and neither will abusing Rose whenever he plays for us, but will certainly steel his resolve to take a hike.
I've watched Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Judas, Berbatov, Modric and Bale walk out on us and I've made a conscious decision to stop letting this stuff eat me up, life's too short.
So I'll enjoy the job they all do while they are here and leave it at that.
At least Rose has been up front and not lied and lied and lied, like RSol.
But do I find any of it acceptable or palatable? No - do I buggery. Anyone who uses the gutter press to do their contract negotiations is massive wanker, irrespective of their profession.
Fair enough. Personally I can't help but get wound up about it. But I don't intend to boo Rose- just that I won't sing his name again.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." - Mahatma Gandhi

We must forgive .
Rose should be allowed to demonstrate his repent. by doing his talking on the pitch - If Rose is truly remorseful, he will come back stronger.
He should be allowed to get on with it, without any critisum of his misjudged actions.
Lets just get on with winning football games and not allow any negativity to get in the way.
COYS

I think Rose is history.

I really do expect Pochettino to let him go once we sign a replacement.

I don't see forgiveness in our manager's heart. Not for what Rose did and he only gets in the squad or plays if it suits the broader need until he moves on.

Was treacherous what he said.

Yep, annoying as fuck he did it.

But let's just use him the best we can until we have better replacements.

I see it now as nothing other than a practical situation.

I'm not too fussed if it lowered his value by £10m, Levy will squeeze the best price anyway

I think Rose is history.

I really do expect Pochettino to let him go once we sign a replacement.

I don't see forgiveness in our manager's heart. Not for what Rose did and he only gets in the squad or plays if it suits the broader need until he moves on.

Was treacherous what he said.
We need him to play well so we can get the highest possible fee next summer.

Back
Top Bottom