Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone saying they wouldn't take Bale back is kidding themselves, honestly if you woke up one morning and read we bought Bale would you think 'Oh no but his injury record'. He is one of the best players to have pulled on the shirt and was an absolute phenomenon while he was here, sure they way he left was a bit disrespectful but at that time I couldn't blame him for doing it.

Basically, the way I think of it Bale to us is like having a really hot ex-girlfriend. She was great looking when you were together but she was a bit of a bitch and you always knew she was too good for you. Since you've broken up you're always bitching about her, but you've found a new girlfriend who might not be as attractive, but is your best friend, you have a lot in common and you get on really well with her. Now you may bitch about your ex, but if your current girlfriend and your ex both ask you for a threesome are you really going to turn them down?
The way I look at it, if we land Bale I won't say no. I just don't put it down as super likely to happen.

Would be a nice surprise but I'm not going to dig in my heels like a todder and go "GIVE US BALE LEVY YOU COCK!".

Love the lad for what he accomplished for us in his time here. Marred a bit by how he left, but he has never shit talked us since leaving. All in all a solid bloke by all accounts.

Anyone saying they wouldn't take Bale back is kidding themselves, honestly if you woke up one morning and read we bought Bale would you think 'Oh no but his injury record'. He is one of the best players to have pulled on the shirt and was an absolute phenomenon while he was here, sure they way he left was a bit disrespectful but at that time I couldn't blame him for doing it.

Basically, the way I think of it Bale to us is like having a really hot ex-girlfriend. She was great looking when you were together but she was a bit of a bitch and you always knew she was too good for you. Since you've broken up you're always bitching about her, but you've found a new girlfriend who might not be as attractive, but is your best friend, you have a lot in common and you get on really well with her. Now you may bitch about your ex, but if your current girlfriend and your ex both ask you for a threesome are you really going to turn them down?
Who out Eriksen/Dele do you drop then?

I think we need to map his full genome, in case a rule that insists that players must have 100% Homo sapiens sapiens DNA is introduced.

I'm not suggesting that one of his forebears got busy with a gibbon, but better to be safe than sorry.
Technically all of our forbears got busy with a gibbon. I suppose it all depends on how recently it happened....

Just two (and a tiny bit) pages to go to get to hundred. Needs to happen as a mark of respect to a great game.

giphy.gif

I've half a mind to pick a pointless internet spat with someone just to get us over the line

who the fuck wouldn't take Bale in a heartbeat?

we're trying to take that next step but don't want the type of world class player that would help us take it?... twice EPL player of the year, massive experience at the highest level and loves the club.

fucks sake.

who the fuck wouldn't take Bale in a heartbeat?

we're trying to take that next step but don't want the type of world class player that would help us take it?... twice EPL player of the year, massive experience at the highest level and loves the club.

fucks sake.
Injury prone, inordinate wage demands?

I think we’ve moved on. Using the fit ex analogy, it’s like seeing her a few years later with a few more miles on the clock, a badger like a clown’s pocket & Dyed hair...but still probably a cracking shag that you wouldn’t mind having a little dabble with.

Bale is & always was, high maintenance.
A magical player on his day- devastating.
But spends extended periods of time on the treatment table.

And the way he forced his move out of Spurs was fucking rotten. Didn’t show much love for the club then.

Back
Top Bottom