Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yep, i can see it now - bale comes back, and smacks in his first goal in in front of 61000 at the new lane, 60999 fans erupt, and you're stood there, all obstinate.

Think you’ll find there is more than a few that see Bale as our past and not our future. If Pochettino wants him then so be it, but I cannot see it happening due to wages, injury record and personality.

There is no way we’ll pay £££ for 28 year old, also the expected £200k+ pw for a player that isn’t physically able to play 50+ games a season. Just makes no sense for a team like us.

yep, that's a genuine risk, of course - i'm not saying its not - but for me this is the only risk, the rest of it takes care of itself.

put it this way - if he hadn't played for us before we'd be only talking about the injury concern - well what has his previously spell with us got to do with a future spell? its just all a bit specious to me.

....So you saying just completely ignore the injury concerns and the huge amount of money we'd have to gamble?

'Wiseness'....

Think you’ll find there is more than a few that see Bale as our past and not our future. If Pochettino wants him then so be it, but I cannot see it happening due to wages, injury record and personality.

trust me mate, no one would give a flying fuck about the past if he plays at even 70% of his ability.

....So you saying just completely ignore the injury concerns and the huge amount of money we'd have to gamble?

'Wiseness'....
nope, just saying its the main risk and the rest of the narrative (moved on, personality, disruptive) is specious and meaningless garbage.

nope, just saying its the main risk and the rest of the narrative (moved on, personality, disruptive) is garbage.

So yeh, ignore the risk in favour of some romantic, denial ridden notion about 'our Gareth'.

Personally I'll shed no tears if we sign him but he's just another player on the 'shelf' to me and dont see why we should take such a risk when other players are out there...

Airfixx Airfixx is hardly being contrary when there are 3 of us saying why we think signing Bale isn’t a great deal.
i'm having a reasonable chat with you mate, airfix just hits disagree to everything, and has become a pointless poster as a result.

i'm not the only one who's pulled him up on this.

There is no way we’ll pay £££ for 28 year old, also the expected £200k+ pw for a player that isn’t physically able to play 50+ games a season. Just makes no sense for a team like us.
I agree with this, with bells on!

Back
Top Bottom