TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BTW. With today's goal Son became the joint top scoring South Korean player in PL history at 19 goals along with Park Ji-Sung.

Atta boy Sonny

Think I'm going to grill a steak tonight, and enjoy a nice fat glass of cab... actually make that Argentinian Malbec, in honor of our brilliant coach. HE'S MAGIC YOU KNOWWWW!!!....
Well said. Good choice on the steak - just finished a rib-eye, chips, peppercorn sauce all washed down with a nice bottle of malbec. Normally don't like Sunday evenings but this one has been excellent. Love this club.

Great day, great week.

Had a feeling we would see the contrast between our evolution as a side, plus Poch's ability as a manager, against the stagnation of what has been a bogey team for us.

Hoping we have a fit squad for next week, because if we do i fancy us turning over Utd. Seems like the tactical flexibility allows us to expose our opponents and neutrise their strengths for the most.
I don't know if it's been told or anything but could anyone tell me why Maradona was at Wembley today?
Used to play for us......

Also the fact Woolwich were crowing about beating Everton 5-2 today, we come along and stuff perennial ‘title-favourites’ 4-1. Certainly takes the gloss off their result against relegation strugglers.
And not forgetting this not less that 6 weeks ago.
280740.jpg

Brilliant, we have had be them Scouse cunts the trashing they deserve.

Very good performance, seems we can now sit back whenever we want which is fucking great to see.

Such an attacking team too, everyone was fantastic, genuinely have no clue what our team will be from game to game.

Poch has stuck to his word in that I'm proud of my club & players

:pochlol:

What the fuck has Sissoko got on his feet?

These scousers never miss a trick. They flogged him a shell suit to go with them on his way in as well.

On the game there were a few big moments. Hugos save was incredible. Honestly i think it was one of the best I've ever seen it was that good.

But on about 70 minutes Kane picked the ball up mid way inside their half and ran at the defence. Got a shot away on the edge of the box that got blocked and they came away with the ball. He then tracked back all the way to the edge of our box where he put Salah I think it was under enough pressure to make him drag his shot wide. Thats credit to Kane but Poch has drilles that level of desire into the players. There is an article in todays paper about Guillem Balagues book where Poch shares a talk he gave to the players

'Football is a screen that shows you how a group co exists. Have a look at this video. I got goose bumps watching how in the friendly the other day Fernando Torres ran after a loose ball in stoppage time after 93 minutes of slogging it out and travelling for 30 hrs the day before without sleeping well. The guy sprinted to try to score when his side were winning 1- 0. A player who has won everything. That is passion. That feeling you're a footballer and you enjoy it, thats what you need'.

Still ecstatic. Sure, the game faded a bit in the second half, but it was great to finally put our nemesis to rest. They absolutely deserved it.

Every single player was brillant. And small things, like Aurier going crazy for the opener or Winks celebrating the same way a regular fan does make all this even sweeter. Cant wait for United next week, lets see what we manage to do there, COYS!

Well I've had worse afternoons! What a performance from both management and playing teams. A fantastic game and again, every single player played their part. Just proud as punch of everyone involved. Can't get the Sissoko song out of my head, was singing it all the way home. And I took back my fish 'chips because the batter was disgusting -at £10.50 I expect it to be edible!

Back
Top Bottom